ADVERTISEMENT

Massoud

We only had one more ship for 2019, right? So if we actually had picked up Hyatt, we either would have hoped someone transferred or didn’t have the space for Massoud? I know what’s done is done, but who would have been the better fit, if you had to choose?

So does everyone think he should go to Harvard because he should pass up a Ivy education, or is this sentiment different than with Josh Mckenzie

One guy mentioned that Massoud could play behind Eugene at PF his first season. That could happen but there is just as good a chance that he could play SF or SG. He is known as a shooter. Harper could become a PF. We just need to see what happens and first of all he must select RU. I just hope that happens. If he comes here all I know is he would be welcomed addition and a huge addition.
SF, SG, PF - Forget all the labels. In the system Pike runs, and with the players he recruits, they're all inter-changable. This isn't the NBA.

SF, SG, PF - Forget all the labels. In the system Pike runs, and with the players he recruits, they're all inter-changable. This isn't the NBA.

The NBA is more positionless than Pikiell's system so far. But it will be very interesting to see what his system looks like without Sanders and with more than two players capable of handling the ball at least at an average level.

Because for decades they did everything they could to be anti-intellectual in the name of having the "elites" instead. Yake boasted they had the most gentlemen and least scholars, Princeton said they didn't want scholars but that "all-round man". They also had the worst test scores in the country. Harvard's Lawrence Lowell consistently fought for racism, anti-semitism, etc. Harvard was the best of the three academically, but still.

The ivies (especially the big 3) managed to turn their reputation for regular elitism into academic elitism in the post-WW2 era, but the way they acted before that leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

That said, Douglass had a nazi leading its German department, so it's not like a lot of schools didn't change.

If you're smart enough to have a Harvard offer you have your head on straight and wherever you go you are going to make great use of your educational opportunities. He would be a great piece here.

Nice to have the last visit but we had the last visit for Hyatt and Strickland too.

Nice to have the last visit but we had the last visit for Hyatt and Strickland too.

Actually we didnt for either or weren't scheduled to.

Hyatt visited RU, Seton Hall and LSU...LSU essentially had the commitment once the visit was scheduled

Strickland was recruited for many months by Wisconsin before RU visited and offered
..Wisconsin went first then RU and Minnesota was set to be the last visit, but got canceled.

Because for decades they did everything they could to be anti-intellectual in the name of having the "elites" instead. Yake boasted they had the most gentlemen and least scholars, Princeton said they didn't want scholars but that "all-round man". They also had the worst test scores in the country. Harvard's Lawrence Lowell consistently fought for racism, anti-semitism, etc. Harvard was the best of the three academically, but still.

The ivies (especially the big 3) managed to turn their reputation for regular elitism into academic elitism in the post-WW2 era, but the way they acted before that leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

That said, Douglass had a nazi leading its German department, so it's not like a lot of schools didn't change.
I agree but I think that's a thing of the past.

I think the modern Ivies and that includes all of them have done a great job of providing the resources to get kids access to their schools that 20 years ago couldn't sniff an Ivy League education.

Actually we didnt for either or weren't scheduled to.

Hyatt visited RU, Seton Hall and LSU...LSU essentially had the commitment once the visit was scheduled

Strickland was recruited for many months by Wisconsin before RU visited and offered
..Wisconsin went first then RU and Minnesota was set to be the last visit, but got canceled.

My mistake on Hyatt, you're right.

With Strickland I got the feeling it was always just between us and Wisconsin

I can't see Auburn as a fit for that kid.

Hoops are really on the rise there and it's a beautiful campus but it is the Deep South.

I will say this----met several alum over they years as both coworkers and clients and Auburn grads have a deep love for their school.

ADVERTISEMENT