ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Bullock

I'm confused too. I hesitate to make light of the situation because there's a chance he has a legitimate eating disorder. Remember Jared Lorenzen, the Kentucky QB? Or more recently that Penn State kicker? Even college athletes with access to coaching and nutrition can still struggle with that kind of thing.

But someone playing QB or kicker is different than someone who has to run up and down the court/

His mechanics on his mid-range jump shot which he made, looked very good. He then followed that up later on with an awful 3 point shot. He appears to know the offense and he can play defense. Nobody or even several guys are going to replace Mike Williams and all he brings to the court on offense and defense. One last thing: a poster on premium actually believes that if Bullock has played football in the past he can actually put on pounds and play DT for our team. Hmmm?
Haha I love the outside the box thinking when talking about DT. Hmm I’m all for it haha

I like Dadika and Bullock in there better than Souf. Souf is a nice guy but on the court on O it’s 4-on-5. Dadika can ball handle and Bullock is a great passer. He will impress when he gets his minutes, and I wish Jake played more to give Corey some rest.

I like Dadika, too, but he doesn't really bring any more to the offense than Souf does. He gets in, moves the ball, and defends. In 32 min this year, he's taken 5 shots and made 1. In his career, he's 5/24 (.208) and 1/12 from three (.083), mostly against easier opponents or against tougher opponents' second string when the game is already out of reach.

There are a ton of guards too big and strong for Dadika to guard and to quick for Bullock. They were okay on a night when an Iowa team could not get it going, but I wouldn't bank on that every night. I'd still prefer Souf in hope of a lightbulb going off in his head.

I admit I did not know what Matt looked like, since I pretty much keep my attention to the players on the court.....when he checked in I was a bit amazed that he was a basketball player on our team, sizing him up
I thought Souf was not looking like a player, Matt even more so.

this, in no way, is a knock on either playing the game

Positions aside, I think Bullock is better than Mensah and Dadika combined.

he also weighs more than the two combined. Needs to drop 30-40 pounds or join the football team. He's way to heavy for basketball.

I am wondering if Pike didnt challange him with....
"If you get below 240lbs you will earn some minutes"
maybe he tipped the scale at 239 last week :smiley:

He had some good moves and a good pass........[thumb2]

I am wondering if Pike didnt challange him with....
"If you get below 240lbs you will earn some minutes"
maybe he tipped the scale at 239 last week :smiley:

He had some good moves and a good pass........[thumb2]

Would be quite a coincidence for it to happen right as we need some minutes in the backcourt desperately.

Can't be simply the coincidence of Mike going down: otherwise, he could have been getting mop-up time all season.If he took some of Mike's and Souf's minutes, why wait until now? "All hands on deck" cannot be, not with his hs pedigree.

1) Was a redshirt a possibiity for Mike, would he have accepted it?
2) Might there have been (hoping no longer the case) an underlying health issue that matt did not want made public?

Can't be simply the coincidence of Mike going down: otherwise, he could have been getting mop-up time all season.If he took some of Mike's and Souf's minutes, why wait until now? "All hands on deck" cannot be, not with his hs pedigree.

2) Might there have been (hoping no longer the case) an underlying health issue that matt did not want made public?

Well, Mike was giving minutes at both the 2 and the 3. Mensah/Dadika can come in at the 1 and shift either Baker/Sanders to the 2, but neither can fill in those minutes at the 3. Looks like that's the role Bullock will fill in Mike's absence.

What I'm suggesting is that maybe the fitness standards were lowered out of necessity, or maybe he stepped it up knowing that playing time was a real possibility. Seems too coincidental otherwise to me.

What I'm suggesting is that maybe the fitness standards were lowered out of necessity, or maybe he stepped it up knowing that playing time was a real possibility. Seems too coincidental otherwise to me.
It was a sliding scale

Reactions: xkiesterx
dude was heavily sweating after 30 seconds of PT. obviously is way out of shape, and it is obvious why he has been chained to the bench.

anyone associated with RU should be offended that he is taking advantage of the valuable 'ship, while not putting out any effort in return. dedicated hard working walk-ons paying their own way and working their asses off in practice and weight room like Dadica and Nathan would have every right to be pissed.

that all being said, anyone who knows bb can see that there is some talent buried deep under the outer layer of thick Bullock blubber. It will be interesting to watch him if he gets back on the court the rest of this season.

he also weighs more than the two combined. Needs to drop 30-40 pounds or join the football team. He's way to heavy for basketball.

Reactions: ColonelRutgers
Not sure a physical would make him grow two inches - LOL.

Well, Trump grew an inch, so why not?

Trump listed 6-2 on his NY driver’s license in May, 2012. But, low and behold, in 2018 the White House doctor said that his commander in chief is 6-3. Oh yeah, we all know that people grow taller after age 65, right?

Let’s see ... 6-2 and 239 and Trump’s BMI would fall in the OBESE category, but 6-3 and 239 is one pound outside OBESE and is merely OVERWEIGHT. Trump is closer to 280 than 240.

I have no doubt that Trump weighs more than Bullock.

Reactions: xkiesterx
Wonder if putting Bullock on the court was related to housekeeping maneuvers - have to figure that if he is genuinely doing any looking around for a different place to play then there is a vast difference between being some guy who is not allowed on the court & being a guy who has now gotten some minutes and did not look stupid bad.

While it might have been a plus to be a player looking to be heading somewhere with 3 years to play 3 years ... it might in reality be better to be a bit more attractive & have some game time - while having 3 years to play 2 .

then again who knows
- he could step off a curb and turn an ankle & be out for the rest of the year and probably petition for a red shirt ?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT