ADVERTISEMENT

MgBako Update via Zagsblog

the mood has certainly turned dour round these parts lol ....i expect Dylan to commit to Syracuse next

Would have thought by listening to the podcasts that we were getting several of those now going elsewhere. We better get Dylan and keep those 2024’s

Reactions: MiloTalon13
This board always jumps to conclusions. Also don't believe all the BS from the so called insider who just spits out innuendo.

Wow, Indiana is definitely trying to up their game

RigidNaturalDogwoodtwigborer-max-1mb.gif

giphy.gif

We kinda need the top of the league to all up their games. The league needs to recruit at an elite level.
It’s a tough question, but I wouldn’t mind having an easier path into the Tournament and if everyone is improving it will not get easier. Also would prefer Mgbako not stay in conference even if it only is for one year.

Saw @Russ Wood put in a future cast for Kansas along with the rest of the world. What happened here?
Idk tbh.

Wednesday I got an email from a source about transfer portal commitments and at the end of the email it said "hearing Mgbako to Kansas."

Since the source has been extremely accurate on portal entries and commitments I went ahead and made my pick.

The next day someone else called me and said that Indiana was "very confident."

Kid picked Indiana.

It happens.

Idk tbh.

Wednesday I got an email from a source about transfer portal commitments and at the end of the email it said "hearing Mgbako to Kansas."

Since the source has been extremely accurate on portal entries and commitments I went ahead and made my pick.

The next day someone else called me and said that Indiana was "very confident."

Kid picked Indiana.

It happens.

All good. appreciate the insight.

Interesting choice, not seeing the attraction, don't see much player development there.
TJD case in point, tremendous athletic talent, but his game did not significantly improve over the four years, Lot' of other pieces but they have generally underperformed in big moments. Rutgers has beat them what 8 out of nine or ten over the recent past.

Indiana’s Achilles heel might be their head coach.
Mike Woodson has only been there two years and has them playing a lot better and is now bringing in top recruits. He is very well liked and respected in the NBA, and can tell top recruits that he can help guide them through the whole draft process. We were much better off when Archie Miller was there, Woodson may turn into a major problem.

Interesting choice, not seeing the attraction, don't see much player development there.
TJD case in point, tremendous athletic talent, but his game did not significantly improve over the four years, Lot' of other pieces but they have generally underperformed in big moments. Rutgers has beat them what 8 out of nine or ten over the recent past.
Heard Mark Cuban had a hand in it

Mike Woodson has only been there two years and has them playing a lot better and is now bringing in top recruits. He is very well liked and respected in the NBA, and can tell top recruits that he can help guide them through the whole draft process. We were much better off when Archie Miller was there, Woodson may turn into a major problem.
You are dead on with the Miller vs. Woodson comment, but beating Purdue twice and still finishing 3 games behind the in-state Boilermakers is not going to cut it for Indiana fans, especially when the Hoosiers have more talent.

You are dead on with the Miller vs. Woodson comment, but beating Purdue twice and still finishing 3 games behind the in-state Boilermakers is not going to cut it for Indiana fans, especially when the Hoosiers have more talent.
Indiana had better average talent, but they has a lot of injuries early in the year, and Purdue had the best player in college basketball this year, for whom many teams had no answer.

Indiana had better average talent, but they has a lot of injuries early in the year, and Purdue had the best player in college basketball this year, for whom many teams had no answer.
You have to leave injuries out of the equation. Indiana has depth. I thought they were short on toughness and heart and leadership and falling apart at crucial times.

Mr.T. Correct, definitely lacked toughness when things got gritty, also lots of physical talent not much player development seemingly taking place.

Woody’s only been at IU 2 years. It’s been like night and day the kind of energy and enthusiasm he has brought to the program compared to the 4-year cloud of Archie Miller. TJD, Galloway, Race and XJ have all improved greatly under him. IU has a one and done in JHS now to tout to recruits, too. That certainly played a role in getting MM yesterday.

Results-wise, sure, not what IU expects in terms of competing for BT championships, but the marked improvement can’t be denied. Archie was 0-7 vs PU; 0-5 vs UM.
Woody is 3-1 vs PU, 3-1 vs UM and is 3-1 vs the Illini. Now he’s just gotta figure out how to beat RU, NU’s Wildcats, PSU and Iowa. More often.

Good luck next season except in 1 game. Enjoy your summer all!!

Solid response but for ….
“TJD, Galloway, Race and XJ have all improved greatly under him”.

He is probably getting at least a million dollars just as Davis and Anderson supposedly got last season.

We get Ace, Gavin, maybe Cliff and hopefully Dylan into the NBA we are a better sell than IU for a lot of top tier recruits

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT