ADVERTISEMENT

Miami & Rutgers will play in Pinstripe Bowl

Miami alum and RU season ticket holder here... will be rooting for the Canes, but I think RU has a great shot to win. Offense is a total disaster for both teams, but edge there goes to Miami... Defensively I think Rutgers is better. I think it will be a fun one. If Monangai has a good day and Canes defense is off, Rutgers wins. TVD (notoriously bad Miami QB) is transferring and won't play, so that actually helps Canes though I'm not sure backup QBs will be able to lead to a win.

Miami alum and RU season ticket holder here... will be rooting for the Canes, but I think RU has a great shot to win. Offense is a total disaster for both teams, but edge there goes to Miami... Defensively I think Rutgers is better. I think it will be a fun one. If Monangai has a good day and Canes defense is off, Rutgers wins. TVD (notoriously bad Miami QB) is transferring and won't play, so that actually helps Canes though I'm not sure backup QBs will be able to lead to a win.
That’s if Monangai plays, probably a good chance he is going into NFL draft. If he doesn’t play it changes a lot for RU.

Miamis back up broke his arm. They are playing the #3 who hasn’t taken a snap all season. I also don’t expect Monangai to play if he declares for the draft.

Miamis back up broke his arm. They are playing the #3 who hasn’t taken a snap all season. I also don’t expect Monangai to play if he declares for the draft.
This season, yes that's true. But he has played a lot last season for the Canes and did decently. Honestly I think he will be better than TVD would have been.

You can get tix in the Hurricanes section with MiamiAl

Should be a good game

That’s if Monangai plays, probably a good chance he is going into NFL draft. If he doesn’t play it changes a lot for RU.
If Bo Nix is playing in his bowl game, I think Monangai should tough this one out and play one last time with his teammates.

Last edited:
Glad to see if the match up would be against an old Big East member, Miami is the one instead of the school who owes the City or the french whores.

The U won't be easy to beat, RU has to have an offense or the D won't last

Emory Williams probably will be the U's QB

Passing​

Passing
RkPlayerGCmpAttPctYdsY/AAY/ATDIntRate
1Tyler Van Dyke1121933365.827038.17.61912145.6
2Emory Williams5447162.04706.66.831128.7

Last edited:
Between oldte tyme BE and Dolphs/Jets, any Miami/NYC game has football genetics behind it

Sadly will be out of state for Christmas so I can't attend :(
Unfortunately, I have to clip my toenails that day. So I too will be unable to experience the unadulterated bliss that is watching a football game in a cold baseball stadium in the Bronx.

Alas, I am resigned to most likely watching it from the warm comfort of a comfy chair in my family room, with great views of all the action on TV.

Looking at their schedule and results, this is gonna be a tough one .. will need to throw and score 4 TDs or more to win

Reactions: ruronny
Let’s be honest , all they think about is 1992 to 2001 .
They have zero interest in this game. 2500 fans ??

We on the other hand can beat the “U” !!!

Greg is good in bowls at 5-2.
One loss was vs 9 win Wake team that a 5 win RU replacement team had no chance for so he like 5-1 with an asterisk
agree, Bowls are where Greg seems to shine and throws caution to the wind.

November 28, 2023 Sun Sentinel of South Florida

"The news broke Monday evening that Miami starting quarterback Tyler Van Dyke was entering the transfer portal, ending his four-year Hurricanes career.

The move leaves the Hurricanes with two scholarship quarterbacks on their roster: sophomore Jacurri Brown and freshman Emory Williams. Brown did not play during the regular season, and Williams suffered a season-ending arm injury in a start against Florida State.

Miami holds a commitment from three-star 2024 quarterback Judd Anderson, who is expected to join the team next year.

The Hurricanes will likely add a veteran quarterback in the transfer portal — one who can compete and likely take over as the starter next year.

Several quarterback targets have entered the transfer portal already, and others could enter in the coming weeks. The portal officially opens on Dec. 4.

continued at:

Reactions: Wolv RU
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT