ADVERTISEMENT

Miami & Rutgers will play in Pinstripe Bowl

agree, Bowls are where Greg seems to shine and throws caution to the wind.

GS said he does better in bowls because he can coach without being tied-up in recruiting duties.
He always said that if you want to be the best football coach you can be - go to the NFL and skip college.
Of course coaches should skip tackling NFL QBs in kneel-downs too lol

November 28, 2023 Sun Sentinel of South Florida

"The news broke Monday evening that Miami starting quarterback Tyler Van Dyke was entering the transfer portal, ending his four-year Hurricanes career.

The move leaves the Hurricanes with two scholarship quarterbacks on their roster: sophomore Jacurri Brown and freshman Emory Williams. Brown did not play during the regular season, and Williams suffered a season-ending arm injury in a start against Florida State.

Miami holds a commitment from three-star 2024 quarterback Judd Anderson, who is expected to join the team next year.

The Hurricanes will likely add a veteran quarterback in the transfer portal — one who can compete and likely take over as the starter next year.

Several quarterback targets have entered the transfer portal already, and others could enter in the coming weeks. The portal officially opens on Dec. 4.

continued at:
far cry from qb U

GS said he does better in bowls because he can coach without being tied-up in recruiting duties.
He always said that if you want to be the best football coach you can be - go to the NFL and skip college.
I think he was talking out of his ass. He always made excuses but that one is pure gold

regardless, he is good on bowl day

Van Dyke was hailed as the next best NFL QB but instead he has regressed over the year and been a clear negative energy on the team. I think we (speaking as a Miami alum now) are better off without him. Brown is a pretty good player himself and I think he will do well in the bowl game.

Miami alum and RU season ticket holder here... will be rooting for the Canes, but I think RU has a great shot to win. Offense is a total disaster for both teams, but edge there goes to Miami... Defensively I think Rutgers is better. I think it will be a fun one. If Monangai has a good day and Canes defense is off, Rutgers wins. TVD (notoriously bad Miami QB) is transferring and won't play, so that actually helps Canes though I'm not sure backup QBs will be able to lead to a win.
Thought I saw somewhere that QB2 won't be playing either.

Reactions: Kbee3
Van Dyke was hailed as the next best NFL QB but instead he has regressed over the year and been a clear negative energy on the team. I think we (speaking as a Miami alum now) are better off without him. Brown is a pretty good player himself and I think he will do well in the bowl game.
How good do you think Miami's run defense is?

Thought I saw somewhere that QB2 won't be playing either.
Yes, Williams broke his arm against FSU almost leading team to upset win. Brown is the 3rd string but he played some of last year. I remember he led us to a great win against GT on the road, it was a blowout.

How good do you think Miami's run defense is?
And I think the Miami run D is decent enough to at least slow down Monangai. If Wimsatt isn't a threat then they are good enough to pretty much stop the ground game.

Reactions: BeatGT
Yes, Williams broke his arm against FSU almost leading team to upset win. Brown is the 3rd string but he played some of last year. I remember he led us to a great win against GT on the road, it was a blowout.

And I think the Miami run D is decent enough to at least slow down Monangai. If Wimsatt isn't a threat then they are good enough to pretty much stop the ground game.

(From the U's site football roster)

Jacurri Brown​

position
Quarterback

Height
6-4

Weight
220 lbs.

Class
Sophomore

Hometown
Valdosta, Ga.

High School
Lowndes

2022 (True Freshman): Saw action in eight games in debut season and made two starts…Threw for 230 yards on 27-for-45 passing (60.0 percent) with three touchdowns and three interceptions…Added 223 rushing yards, which was third most among all players…
High School: Four-star prospect by both 247Sports and ESPN…Checked in as No. 192 overall player in nation in ESPN300…Rated No. 6 dual-threat quarterback nationally by ESPN…Listed as No. 254 player nationally in 247Sports Composite Rankings…Checked in as No. 16 quarterback by 247Sports…Listed as No. 5 dual-threat quarterback by Rivals…

Reactions: MTOleBlue
Season ticket holders and R Fund members have first access to purchasing tickets from the Rutgers allotment that will be allocated in priority point order. The deadline for priority access is Tuesday, Dec. 5 at 5 p.m. The general public can also request tickets through the Rutgers allotment starting immediately, which will be allocated following season ticket holders and R Fund members' requests. The first 250 student season ticket holders to claim will be offered a free ticket.

Ugh I’m stuck at work for this. Wish these were at night. I’ll probably get a ticket anyway in case I can duck out. Cool to play Miami.

POS bowl, but best possible outcome for us from an opponent standpoint. Beatable big name school that doesn’t like the cold and is offensively challenged (although not nearly no much as we are)

Hey is the NYC Rutgers Club going to have a watch party for this or are they actually going to go to a game?

• Haha
Reactions: Knight Shift
Hope it is 35 degrees for Miami on game day.
Historical Average temperatures for New York City on December 28
High: 40
Low: 36
Somewhat cloudy (79% cloud cover)
WInds: SW 7 mph
Chance of Precipitation: 25%
Kick off at 2:15 pm Sunset is 4:34 PM
Full moon on the 26th. Moon rise is 6:02 pm

And for you people who work in the city..... take a half day and go!

Last edited:
lol… i’m pretty sure they’re planning a pregame party at their spot in Midtown

Did they post all the RU pricing tiers for seats yet? My season tix are through friends so wasn’t sure what the deal was for the various suites (and what’s part of it) vs the regular outside seats.

pwusn5v0ydpkkndz5nt3.pdf
Pinstripe Bowl Seating Chart with Prices

B1G is on the 3rd base side this year.

It is kind of funny to see our fans in here point out Miami's losses and how they were to tough teams...And yet, our losses to 4 teams in the top 20 and two of them flirting with 1 & 2 all year...Are no excuse- horrible season for us. WTF???

Anyway- If we are playing PS Bowl- I like this game. It has intrigue.

Someone mentioned that Miami has a tendency not to show up for these types of bowls- I don't know if that is true or not but GS had 2 strengths during 1.0 - Building a program- and getting his teams ready for bowl games.
Playing in a cold NYC outdoor Bowl has a huge advantage for us as well.

Unfortunately, I have to clip my toenails that day. So I too will be unable to experience the unadulterated bliss that is watching a football game in a cold baseball stadium in the Bronx.

Alas, I am resigned to most likely watching it from the warm comfort of a comfy chair in my family room, with great views of all the action on TV.
What a total asshole you are. I l know you enjoy the attacks but anyone who lives life like you is someone no one likes to be around. Sad. Get well

I don’t think that is still the case though.
Maybe during Schiano 1.0 but the CFB calendar is different now.
HCs need to be actively recruiting and examining the transfer portal now.

I believe HC Schiano even mentioned in the Maryland post game that he had to start focusing on recruiting immediately.

Thanks. So the public pricing and options are same as what RU is offering? Do we get team specific options for all the lounges like one team gets delta and one gets Jim beam or anything like that?
No idea.

Just went to the bowl website and linked that.

I don’t think that is still the case though.
Maybe during Schiano 1.0 but the CFB calendar is different now.
HCs need to be actively recruiting and examining the transfer portal now.

I believe HC Schiano even mentioned in the Maryland post game that he had to start focusing on recruiting immediately.

Yes when GS said recruiting interfered with game coaching he was going to Friday night games and flying around in the scarlet red, Liberty helicopter (from company that had tragic, helo crash into the Hudson https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_New_York_City_helicopter_crash )

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT