ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan Game to Be a Stripe-Out

Dude this board is less than 1% of the fans that go to the games. The problem is elsewhere, not here.

Lets spread the word. Way of mouth,email,twitter,anyway. Bring that extra black shirt you have that day. Tell your friends to bring extra shirts. Lets make the program serious now, not next year.

The entire student section is supposed to wear black, so there is no issue there.

So...it's not a "stripe out" lol....don't like this to be honest. Spend $60K on 12,000 t-shirts. This is the only part of the stadium likely to get this 100% correct. Oh well.

Last edited:
Reactions: RUsojo
Lets spread the word. Way of mouth,email,twitter,anyway. Bring that extra black shirt you have that day. Tell your friends to bring extra shirts. Lets make the program serious now, not next year.
I think MrsScrew had a much better alternative. Rutgers has the email to all the season ticket holders. We don't, nor do all the season ticket holders follow you and me on Twitter.

AYN,
I know you mentioned you used to work with Kmac. In the past,we had giveaways with corporate sponsors. If we gave away T-shirts,do you know what the rough percentage is between Rutgers and the sponsor on costs ? Is it 50/50 ?

So...it's not a "stripe out" lol....don't like this to be honest. Spend $60K on 12,000 t-shirts. This is the only part of the stadium likely to get this 100% correct.

you really think its 60K?You bring your own shirt, and they have ones you can buy for sale.

You're gonna need to have shirts waiting on every seat if you want this to work out.

If they don't feel like paying for that many shirts, placards, or "rain ponchos" (I.e. Plastic tablecloths) would do the job well for pennies on the dollar.

And then there's the whole issue of security allowing "clear bags only" into the stadium.

you really think its 60K?You bring your own shirt, and they have ones you can buy for sale.

HUH? To buy t-shirts in bulk like that? Shit I've done 40 t-shirts, for HC, print on back-and-front, at $10/shirt.

AYN,
I know you mentioned you used to work with Kmac. In the past,we had giveaways with corporate sponsors. If we gave away T-shirts,do you know what the rough percentage is between Rutgers and the sponsor on costs ? Is it 50/50 ?

I have no clue how RU's corporate sponsor contracts are currently written.

Can't believe the naysayers here. I got chills looking at the email I received. This will work and it'll be way cool. I wish the season was starting next week! RRRRRRRR! (pause) UUUUUUUUUU!

Reactions: ruready07
You think the people on this board are the problem? Hardly. It took us years to get people to just wear red to the game. YEARS. And we still have some who don't. Now you're gonna dictate specific sections will wear specific colors?
Yay. Wardrobe requirements.

Another reason to stay in the parking lot and drink.
Yep, I'm sure some of that will happen.

Can't believe the naysayers here. I got chills looking at the email I received. This will work and it'll be way cool. I wish the season was starting next week! RRRRRRRR! (pause) UUUUUUUUUU!
The "naysayers" are not the problem - they'll go along with it. But these "naysayers" have experienced the joys of getting a NJ fan base to conform to some arbitrary standard.

Reactions: RutCorRx

It's no "naysaying." It's being realistic. I got chills, just like you, but I know are fans. Have you NOT notice that the wearing of "red" to games has slowly been sliding back down the scale since reaching its peak during the Schiano years? Why? Because people suck.

Reactions: RUChoppin
Suggest selling black or red sweatshirts instead of t-shirts

Average temperature range in New Brunswick on Oct 8th is High 69 and Low 46. Sunset is at 6:28. Odds are that game temps will be dropping through the 50's, so probably won't be wearing a t-shirt that night

Wow. I can't believe the negativity to this concept.

For the average fan it is no different than any black-out or red-out game.

If my ticket is in section 117, I get a black ticket and it says "Stripe Out: Wear BLACK to the game". Pretty much exactly the same as for a black out game.

If my ticket is in section 118, I get a red ticket and it says "Stripe Out: Wear RED to the game". Pretty much like any other game.

The tickets can have smaller print that explains that a stripe out is red in even sections and black in odd sections. But that doesn't make it any harder for the average fan to look at his ticket and know to wear black or red.

Yes, this requires a little more coordination on the part of Rutgers. But for the average fan, it is absolutely no different than wearing red to a regular game or black to a black out game.

I suppose I don't see the downside. If it looks crappy, it looks crappy. Fans on the internets will come mock us a bit and ... Oh well. I mean it's no more embarrassing the BCs attendance, or the ACC championship game or UNC "classes" or any number of other things.

Start it now and hopefully we'll get it right in a few years.

I wonder if they are aware that 90% of the links in the dropdown menus at the top of www.stripethebirthplace.com are broken links that do not work. Basically the only ones that work are the shoppng links, the donating links and the buying tickets links. All the ones under Teams, Inside RU Athletics, Facilities and Traditions do not work. Way to roll out a half finished website guys.

Thoughts:

- COLD???? The game is October 8th. Odds are it's a pretty nice evening (barring rain...)

- gotta imagine the student section will be provided t-shirts on the seats? As it's GA ya' gotta think that's the only way to get it done properly there, right?

- that being said IMHO this still might be difficult to pull off properly outside of the student section, just because our "fans" as some have mentioned

- odds are the Michigan contingent is a lot bigger than 2 years ago. Different program right now. The previous couple of weeks could make even more tickets available to Michigan fans. Hopefully that's not the case though!

...I LOVE the concept, I really do, I just don't know if this is the right season to do it.

First of all its October 8...not warm enough for t shirts....people will be wearing red and black sweatshirts period

Any of you turds complaining can go back to playing Princeton with 15k fans...other schools do this all the time successfully. .this is what Ash speaks of when talking about changing the culture..stop wahhing that no one is going to do it and spread the word. No excuses

Great idea but I don't have any black jackets that say Rutgers on them. And I think alot of other people will have the same problem.

This is a fan base that cannot do a two letter cheer well.
But we aren't supposed to doubt that this same fan base is capable of pulling this off?
Oh stop being so negative!!! /sarcasm

I guess we're trying to be just like them:

RUTGERS%20OPEN.jpg

First of all its October 8...not warm enough for t shirts....people will be wearing red and black sweatshirts period

Any of you turds complaining can go back to playing Princeton with 15k fans...other schools do this all the time successfully. .this is what Ash speaks of when talking about changing the culture..stop wahhing that no one is going to do it and spread the word. No excuses

You're right. I've NEVER worn a t-shirt in early October.

...and WTF is with the "turd" comment? And NOBODY is saying we AREN'T spreading the word. Chill buddy.

I think many of you are worrying unnecessarily. As you can see from the PSU game above, you don't need everyone to comply to get the effect. It will be fine and will look cool. They are giving this many months for people to get used to the idea.

You're right. I've NEVER worn a t-shirt in early October.

...and WTF is with the "turd" comment? And NOBODY is saying we AREN'T spreading the word. Chill buddy.

at October 8 between the hours of 8-12 PM it is likely to be in the 50s and possibly 40s. It wasnt t shirt weather at the spring game this year when game time temps fell through the 60s. Be my guest if you want to freeze your ass off

my comment is because our fans are lame..they bitch about the stupidest things, there are some who refuse to wear black because we are the scarlet knights, there are some fans who dress in collared shirts to the RAC instead of wearing red. Time to for the fanbase to get an enema and start acting like other fanbases who I see pull these events off on ESPN all the time

Bac- I am glad to see you have a change in tone. You used to be THAT guy.

Something changed for the better.

Is there any reason why people can't wear a sweater under the T-shirt?? I would imagine that the T-shirts are going to be at least extra-large.

They will be if you buy an extra-large...they are not giving out free t-shirts...but I agree cool weather is no excuse, wear layers under your t-shirt, it's not that hard.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT