ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan Game to Be a Stripe-Out

This is will look sick when pulled off and the players will love the atmosphere. Plenty of time to promote this.

For all the Debbie downers it's time to realize this is a new era of Rutgers football and we should be able to pull something like this off. Be a part of the solution. When the time gets closer share the advertising on Facebook, Twitter etc. and make sure everyone you're going with knows what color to wear. It's not rocket science.

Reactions: bac2therac
Oh stop being so negative!!! /sarcasm

Spanky - honest question. Under flood I thought you were much more positive in general. Under Ash abd Hoobs, it appears you havent really boought in land almost angry at Rutgers for either how they treated flood or how the board treated him . What gives?

If we were the first one's doing this, this would be awesome. But Boise State has been doing this for years.

As for the "negative" comments on here, I don't see any. Many on here see the past history and realize that this we be a struggle to be a success. NO ONE has proclaimed they wont support it!.

It's the Floodies at it again. Calling people negative when in fact it's just reality.

STRIPES?
How convenient - just need to let the Michigan folks know - seems some of then already have outfits to wear in their wardrobe!
.... ( Harbaugh's has sleeves that tie in the back!)

Orange_00103015469924.jpg

Holy hell people. It's not that hard. Even WVU pulled it off. I understand getting the fans to actually commit to wearing red or black is the hardest part. If you can't comply and wear the color for your section you're part of the problem. Fans bitch about changes to be made. Well, Coach Ash wants this change for one game. Just wear the freaking correct color. It's not going to kill you.

Reactions: S_Janowski
Holy hell people. It's not that hard. Even WVU pulled it off. I understand getting the fans to actually commit to wearing red or black is the hardest part. If you can't comply and wear the color for your section you're part of the problem. Fans bitch about changes to be made. Well, Coach Ash wants this change for one game. Just wear the freaking correct color. It's not going to kill you.

Most of us here have no issue whatsoever with enjoying this and wearing the proper color.

This is will look sick when pulled off and the players will love the atmosphere. Plenty of time to promote this.

For all the Debbie downers it's time to realize this is a new era of Rutgers football and we should be able to pull something like this off. Be a part of the solution. When the time gets closer share the advertising on Facebook, Twitter etc. and make sure everyone you're going with knows what color to wear. It's not rocket science.

yes this

If we were the first one's doing this, this would be awesome. But Boise State has been doing this for years.

As for the "negative" comments on here, I don't see any. Many on here see the past history and realize that this we be a struggle to be a success. NO ONE has proclaimed they wont support it!.

It's the Floodies at it again. Calling people negative when in fact it's just reality.

No.

You know who does this? Big time programs. Isn't that what we're trying to be?

Do you really think that for everything to be awesome we have to be the first to do it? If that's the case we should stop playing all of the songs we play to get the crowd pumped (The bells must toll, Enter sandman, Sandstorm) and stop the pre-game arrival tradition at the Scarlet walk.

Do you know who's going to love the atmosphere it creates live in the stadium? Players, recruits, young alums (like myself) and a good amount of the old heads on this board. O and don't forget all the people watching at home, especially all of those impressionable young kids growing up in NJ.

No.

You know who does this? Big time programs. Isn't that what we're trying to be?

Do you really think that for everything to be awesome we have to be the first to do it? If that's the case we should stop playing all of the songs we play to get the crowd pumped (The bells must toll, Enter sandman, Sandstorm) and stop the pre-game arrival tradition at the Scarlet walk.

Do you know who's going to love the atmosphere it creates live in the stadium? Players, recruits, young alums (like myself) and a good amount of the old heads on this board. O and don't forget all the people watching at home, especially all of those impressionable young kids growing up in NJ.
NO! Small time programs started this first.

My neighbors are Boise State fans and alum, I don't need to Wiki it. They were there during the transition. They have pics in their kitchen proving it.

The t-shirts were waiting on your seats for that game (and pretty sure it was only the 100-level). Very, very easy to pull off and it DID look GREAT!
Yes. It is much less complicated to pull off in a basketball arena, especially when you can just provide a few thousand shirts.

But striped sections is still something that Rutgers has done ourselves; we're not copying it from someone else.

Maybe it's the baseball fan in me but all the wear a certain color to the game crap is stupid. Blackouts. White outs. Just make noise.

But did they account for the stadium being 25% Maize and Blue?

Just joking, but as mentioned earlier even just 20% of the stadium not following this could be bad. Michigan is one of if not the best traveling schools in the B1G and the largest alumni association in D1, so no doubt there will be thousands and thousands of Michigan fans around the stadium. Plus the jackasses that just won't do it. Even if you didn't let Michigan fans in with Michigan colors a la the Tampa Bay Lightning, they'll just wear a neutral non red/black shirt.

It looks cool though and hope it comes off well. As long as Michigan leaves with the win. ;)

Is this thread for real? Like are some of you literally only interested in arguing on the Internet? It's not that hard to look up you section and see wear either red or black...

Why in the world are you complicating this? why are there arguments. I freaking hate how social media works and all the anonymous internet tough guys just constantly feel the need to start shit because they have nothing better going on in their lives.

It's a great idea for RU against a big time opponent. So quit bitching about it and figure out which color shirt to wear... Problem solved

Is this thread for real? Like are some of you literally only interested in arguing on the Internet? It's not that hard to look up you section and see wear either red or black...

Why in the world are you complicating this? why are there arguments. I freaking hate how social media works and all the anonymous internet tough guys just constantly feel the need to start shit because they have nothing better going on in their lives.

It's a great idea for RU against a big time opponent. So quit bitching about it and figure out which color shirt to wear... Problem solved
You obviously are too dumb to read the entire thread. It isn't an issue for the people on this board. Nobody is against it here. But let me point out again that this board represents less then 1% of the season ticket holders. Stop attacking people on here.

Great idea but I don't have any black jackets that say Rutgers on them. And I think alot of other people will have the same problem.
You know it doesn't have to say Rutgers on it. Maybe you can just wear a hefty bag over whatever you got.

You obviously are too dumb to read the entire thread. It isn't an issue for the people on this board. Nobody is against it here. But let me point out again that this board represents less then 1% of the season ticket holders. Stop attacking people on here.
I read the whole thing bud. Wasn't talking to u but thanks for attacking me specifically as I didn't do that to anyone.

Just look at the last 30+ posts. It's almost all arguing but whatev's just put me on ignore

I read the whole thing bud. Wasn't talking to u but thanks for attacking me specifically as I didn't do that to anyone.

Just look at the last 30+ posts. It's almost all arguing but whatev's just put me on ignore
You have? Where has a member of this board said they were against it? Most fear that it might not be successful but no one has said they don't support it

You have? Where has a member of this board said they were against it? Most fear that it might not be successful but no one has said they don't support it
Jeez, if you don't realize what a little bitch you sound like I don't know what to tell you. It will be fine. Put your big boy pants on and chill out.

Jeez, if you don't realize what a little bitch you sound like I don't know what to tell you. It will be fine. Put your big boy pants on and chill out.
Dude you are the crying baby that said this board doesn't support the efforts not me. Put a fricking diaper on and respect all those on here that want this to happen. What a dueche bag!
Please point out the 30 people who "posted they hate this idea" What a jerk!

Last edited:
To the "Now I have to think about what I'm going to wear" folks - you had to think about wearing a Rutgers shirt on Saturday anyway, right? Why is it so much more work to think about whether it needs to be a red one or a black one?

Reactions: DNA22
STRIPES?
How convenient - just need to let the Michigan folks know - seems some of then already have outfits to wear in their wardrobe!
.... ( Harbaugh's has sleeves that tie in the back!)

Orange_00103015469924.jpg

Those will be appropriate. Harbaugh will be jail sexting Ash in recruiting, and during games for the next decade. Good call ole chap.

Reactions: PharmD Blue

That's exactly what I was referring to were those saying it wouldn't be successful. Literally reading crap like "I don't have a black RU Jacket" or "Boise State's done this for years" as you put it.... Who cares if other teams have done it? It's something to unify the stadium and create a fun atmosphere, why the hell does it matter if another team has done it? PSU did it against us last year and personally I think their stadium looked awesome all striped out... So why complain when RU wants to create that same environment?

To the "Now I have to think about what I'm going to wear" folks - you had to think about wearing a Rutgers shirt on Saturday anyway, right? Why is it so much more work to think about whether it needs to be a red one or a black one?
Dave, this is because you'll have the "we are the SCARLET Knights, not the BLACK knights of Army" crowd crying. Everyone rooting for RU should have a red shirt. Everyone in GENERAL more than likely owns black. I'm sure Heaven will find shirts on sale at Kohls/Boscovs for a few bucks. "Fans" will still bitch about purchasing another shirt. Yes, at shirt can stretch over your sweatshirt (apologies to the true XXXXL people of the world). Same folks would buy a $10.00 beer in the stadium but that's a whole other argument.

If I plan on moving across multiple sections during the game should I wear these?
85976_b_635592644129070897.jpg

Apologies to Heaven for stealing his thunder on this one.

Dave, this is because you'll have the "we are the SCARLET Knights, not the BLACK knights of Army" crowd crying. Everyone rooting for RU should have a red shirt. Everyone in GENERAL more than likely owns black. I'm sure Heaven will find shirts on sale at Kohls/Boscovs for a few bucks. "Fans" will still bitch about purchasing another shirt. Yes, at shirt can stretch over your sweatshirt (apologies to the true XXXXL people of the world). Same folks would buy a $10.00 beer in the stadium but that's a whole other argument.

DNA ,were you wearing white or blue, because we know your a PSU fan

If I plan on moving across multiple sections during the game should I wear these?
85976_b_635592644129070897.jpg

Apologies to Heaven for stealing his thunder on this one.
I'm sorry, but humor is not allowed in this thread.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT