ADVERTISEMENT

Midlands Predictions

Quite possible that both Kemerer and Lee might not wrestle the complete tournament. Maybe a bout or two then default. This might sound crazy. We could win the Midlands if Lee and Kemerer default out. Will find out in two weeks.

Yeah don't think we're going to have this one. They'll close everything down again and again it won't make a difference. All the mitigation by those in power has been for naught, the virus is simply going to run it's course.
I believe you are right about the virus and any of its strains running the course. We'll need to get to herd immunity and then there will still be annual vaccines like with Influenza. I fear you're also right about cancelations again this year.

Reactions: LETSGORU91
Surprised that Olivieri isn't wrestling. Is he banged up? He didn't wrestle at the last open tourny.

I believe you are right about the virus and any of its strains running the course. We'll need to get to herd immunity and then there will still be annual vaccines like with Influenza. I fear you're also right about cancelations again this year.
I'm thinking the exact same thing. But the vaccines will need to continue being effective. Vaccination production might not be able to keep up with the latest, evolving mutations and/or what mutations surprisingly pop up out of nowhere.
I'd really like to see what Robinson can do on the mat.
He hasn't been able to crack the lineup or make any noise since his arrival.

I'm thinking the exact same thing. But the vaccines will need to continue being effective. Vaccination production might not be able to keep up with the latest, evolving mutations and/or what mutations surprisingly pop up out of nowhere.

He hasn't been able to crack the lineup or make any noise since his arrival.
He might never get a starting spot but he shows up to practice and should at least get a chance to wrestle unattached at some open tournaments.

Reactions: Bobbynieds
He might never get a starting spot but he shows up to practice and should at least get a chance to wrestle unattached at some open tournaments.
He's wrestled at Midlands and Scuffle previously in his career, so we'll see what happens this year.

He has wrestled some opens and is in the room...not much else to say was the point I was trying to get across. Coming in with a Blair pedigree, I was hoping to see more from him. He still has a good amount of eligibility left but we are currently over recruiting him, so I'm not sure where his opportunities will lie.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
It looks like Brands is out at 174 and Kemerer is in.
FYI-not sure if you are using Wrestlestat for your info, but wrestlestat is not official....it is their guess on who attends. The official entries will be on trackwrestling and nothing will be official until after weigh ins.

FYI-not sure if you are using Wrestlestat for your info, but wrestlestat is not official....it is their guess on who attends. The official entries will be on trackwrestling and nothing will be official until after weigh ins.
Yes I'm using wrestlestat. I know it's their best guess and they don't list unattached wrestlers but it gives us some rough guidance.

Reactions: ScarletGrapfan
Please don't shoot the messenger. I'm too easy to find. Happy Holidays to you all. $$$$
So did you hear whispers or was this just a wild guess?

Anyway, not sure what to make of this, but everyone should just go to the Southern Scuffle...

Reactions: njsportsphan
If Hall is at 184, Poz can do 2nd. I hope he doesn't stumble with this being the first exposure this year to better wrestlers.
Rivera has a good chance and probably on target for 2nd unless he shows marked improvement from last year.
I think Sammy will have difficulty finishing at seed. He won't get away with any sloppiness.
Good test for Bulsak and will be telling.
Good test for Shawver also.
MVB will make his move in wrestle-backs?
Boone has his hands full.
NYBoojangler said:
I see Alverez winning Midlands. He is a guy that will cause Desanto to loose his mind and judging from how Alverez wrestles-Desanto will not be hitting his dump on a guy like Alverez. He clearly has his weight under control this year and is a problem at the weight for anyone in the country. Since his freshmen year the kid just seems to wrestle to his competition. When he wrestles a top 5 guy he steps ups and gets the job done or its a OT situation. His so called "sloppiness" is the furtherest thing from true, thats what makes him who he is. Getting into some positions most guys won't dare go into or even have the athleticism to get in that position and SCORE.
I very much hope you're right. I make my predictions without regard to what I want to see. Let's revisit this post after the show.
Revisit.

Last edited:
If Hall is at 184, Poz can do 2nd. I hope he doesn't stumble with this being the first exposure this year to better wrestlers.
Rivera has a good chance and probably on target for 2nd unless he shows marked improvement from last year.
I think Sammy will have difficulty finishing at seed. He won't get away with any sloppiness.
Good test for Bulsak and will be telling.
Good test for Shawver also.
MVB will make his move in wrestle-backs?
Boone has his hands full.
MVB? Nope, White was the man and mostly in the main draw.

How'd I do with the others?
Don't get mad. Every year we go into the season with great optimism, then lay an egg. This is the first real test. I hope it's different this year.
And this?

The only poster on this board who excitedly calls out someone who predicted a Rutgers wrestler to win. Insufferable

Reactions: ScarletGrapfan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT