ADVERTISEMENT

Might never see stats like this again. Free Throws.

goru7

All American
Gold Member
Dec 12, 2005
Rutgers was 3-3 and Minnesota was 3-4 from the foul line today. In the Big 10 that is almost impossible. 2 teams that settled for jump shots all game with hardly any effort to drive to the basket ..I know why Minnesota was happy to continue shooting jump shots but I cannot figure why Rutgers was. Zones sometimes make teams jump shot happy and our 6 misses from the 7 minute mark to the 2-3 minute mark we fell into that trap, but why we didn’t try to get to the basket with hard drives was just perplexing. We have been shooting better from the line and getting those easier points would have helped today. We are at our best offensively when we attack the basket, get to the line and shoot 15-20 foul shots. Thought we made it easy for them to defend us today.

Rutgers was 3-3 and Minnesota was 3-4 from the foul line today. In the Big 10 that is almost impossible. 2 teams that settled for jump shots all game with hardly any effort to drive to the basket ..I know why Minnesota was happy to continue shooting jump shots but I cannot figure why Rutgers was. Zones sometimes make teams jump shot happy and our 6 misses from the 7 minute mark to the 2-3 minute mark we fell into that trap, but why we didn’t try to get to the basket with hard drives was just perplexing. We have been shooting better from the line and getting those easier points would have helped today. We are at our best offensively when we attack the basket, get to the line and shoot 15-20 foul shots. Thought we made it easy for them to defend us today.
That's on Pike

That's on Pike
While this is true, the reason we lost was the exact same reason we lost at PSU, SHU and DePaul. This team just cant get stops on the road when it matters.
We allow teams to score virtually EVERY SINGLE POSSESSION from the 5 min mark to end of game. You will lose EVERY TIME this happens. And hence we are total losers away from the RAC. We are probably allowing home teams to shoot around 85% in the last 5 min of games. That's a recipe for bottom half of every conf in America.

We don't have many players who excel driving hard to the basket as it is. It's even tougher against a zone that is clogging the lane

Reactions: winfield102
While this is true, the reason we lost was the exact same reason we lost at PSU, SHU and DePaul. This team just cant get stops on the road when it matters.
We allow teams to score virtually EVERY SINGLE POSSESSION from the 5 min mark to end of game. You will lose EVERY TIME this happens. And hence we are total losers away from the RAC. We are probably allowing home teams to shoot around 85% in the last 5 min of games. That's a recipe for bottom half of every conf in America.
Bonus points for the made up stat

giphy.gif

Despite what some think our defense, effort, energy were not issues. Minny had a few easier shots in the second half but we held them to low 60s, and they made a lot of contested jumpers. We lost this game on the offensive end. We settled. Simply because you are open doesn’t mean you shoot early in the play clock. You need to work a zone. We had plenty of chances in the last 4-5 minutes and we couldn’t score the ball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT