ADVERTISEMENT

Mods- question, Flood

They have? What evidence is there of that? Some nice comments on the Scarlet Nation web site???

Geezer you guys are dense. Nothing has changed? What was your win prediction? We have 4 solid commits already all with multiple P5 options. When in our History have we ever had multiple visits on such a short time from 3 guys like Haskins, walker, and Gary?

I will accept that RU WON'T bring in guys Pitt and Ville will.
So you are saying those guys didn't out recruit schiano? We simply didn't want those top 10 players from NJ?

Here we go, the spin has started slightly - we've already stepped down off the Dream Team and all the top NJ talent. I know you've got the underrated, diamond in the rough card in your pocket, ready to be played.

Here's something for you. By all accounts RU will have to deal with the following in their own division for the foreseeable future:

OSU - nine 4 star recruits (2 of them 6.0 - could be 5 stars at end), one 5 star recruit (from NJ), one stud QB commit
PSU - five 4 star recruits (2 of them 6.0), one stud QB commit
Mich - four 4 star recruits, one stud QB commit
MSU (who everyone loves to compare recruiting to around here) - three 4 star recruits (one from NJ), one stud QB commit
geez, MD has a 4 star recruit - from their backyard - imagine that
Well, Indiana is not doing too well...how's the talent in Indiana compared to Jersey for 2016?

But, yeah, it's early. And 2 to 3 star guys who want to represent are better options anyway...

When you couple that with the talent that NJ is boasting, both top end and depth for 2016, well I'm not sure that Dick Anderson couldn't be doing as well at this point...
No spin, only one of those 3 is off the board and we have a better qb looking at us. Also, I don't care who our HC is we will NEVER consistently out recruit schools like PSU, OSU, and Michigan. NJ doesn't have the stomach for it. We need solid classes and good coaching. Simikiar to minn and old iowa teams

For the record I was on the wait and see approach with Flood and still predicted we would win 9 games last year just by looking at our talent in the 2-Deep and our opponents. With Penn St schedule last year I would've expected better. Many level headed posters on this board who are able to keep scope from year to year are much better informed than national pundits. They quickly took a look at our 2013 finish and moving to the B1G and predicted disaster. We on this bird have debated ad nauseum for years that outside the top 2 teams in conference, it was a similar quality in teams compared to the Big East pre new defections. The B1G is just starting to improve since Urban came.

So IMO most coaches, especially with Fridge, would have came in and went bowling with our upperclass talent last year. I'll take 8 wins because there is always a degree of uncertainty. But winning 8 games to me certainly doesn't prove anything. I'm not trying to play devils advocate and I would not be saying the same thing had he won 10 games. Then I would know he is capable. My concern has always been how Rutgers would fair in year 3 in the B1G and onward, when Schianos last two classes move on from the banks. 2014's disastrous class has me more worried.

GS recruited in the falling apart Big East
Flood = B1G

Please discuss.

2013 Class- The previous year, Rutgers was in the Big East, a dead conference.
2014 Class-Rutgers played the previous year in the vaunted AAC. It was widely rumored that Flood was going to be fired. Good luck recruiting when you have been neutered and/or have a target on your back.
2015 Class-recruiting after first year in B1G. Still undoing damage from the 2013 on and off field fiascos. Let's see how things go moving forward.

I can't believe everyone forgets that 2013 recruiting class we were in a dead conference about to loose automatic qualifier. This had to be the worst position looking forward. We played an aweful schedule our 1 year in the American and that stench seemed far greater with the belief we couldn't beat Purdue once we got to the Big Ten. Remember every ranking had us as the worst team in the Big Ten - we came from the laughed at American.

When Schiano starting recruiting Big East was still a solid power conference with access to BCS bowls - recruiting Big East was not harder than ACC in 2004-2005.

Here are facts to back it up:
September 17, 2011 - Syracuse/Pittsburg announce leaving for ACC
October 28, 2011 - West Virginia announce leaving for Big 12, TCU withdrew joining
December 7, 2001 - Anounce adding Houston, SMU, Central Florida, Boise/ San Diego - football only
MAJOR TALK AUTOMATIC QUALIFIER WILL BE REMOVED FROM BIG EAST
November 19 2012 - Rutgers/Maryland annoucne leaving for Big Ten
November 28 2012 - Louisville announce leaving for ACC
TALK ABOUT HOW RUTGERS WILL BE HORRIBLE IN BIG TEN.
2014 - Rutgers competes and wins vs. the middle of the conference, wins out in OOC, but gets beat down by the top 25 teams in the big ten.

Geezer you guys are dense. Nothing has changed? What was your win prediction? We have 4 solid commits already all with multiple P5 options. When in our History have we ever had multiple visits on such a short time from 3 guys like Haskins, walker, and Gary?

You guys all love to get the recruits from FL, but the bottom line is if you can't be successful in your back yard, you will NEVER be successful enough in recruiting. It's not going to happen. Plus, in general, the out of state guys are the most likely to get cold feet along the way - with EVERY program, not just RU.

Gary or Haskins signing with RU would be a MONUMENTAL WIN for Flood. Celebrate greatly if it ever happens. Walker much less so, but still should be something Flood should be doing. I'm glad you are happy they are visiting. Not sure that it is the first time that big time recruits have visited RU though, like you make it out to be.

The list of 4 recruits on the front page looks remarkably similar to most of the better recruits signed over the past couple of years. No outstanding offers - please don't throw the Miss St offer out there, they offer 500 kids and sign 40 of them each year - I would expect nothing less from what are obviously Plan "A" guys at this point. Like I said, I'm not sure Dick Anderson couldn't be doing about the same at this point.

Bottom line, you are happy to be on the following plan if you are OK with the recruiting job of the last 3 years:

Recruit like this. Every 4th or 5th year or maybe both if lucky, have an above average team who will beat the also-rans on the schedule because of the 4th and 5th year guys on the roster. Make sure the OOC schedule lines up that year, so that there is an extra also-ran or two. Catch one of the big teams on a down cycle and get a win to crow about for the next three years, which will be bad because you are marrying inexperience with less talent.

Either that, or you are convinced that Flood is ready to break out his coaching genius on the lines of Chip Kelly or the like.

In the annals of ridiculous posts there is reserved a special place for the very most ridiculous posts. When you venture into judgement of a recruiting class that is 10 months from signing, you've basically declared to everyone, "Hey! I think I deserve a spot among the most distinguished and memorable of ridiculous posts. Please consider me."

We hear you.

On a similar note, there will come a moment in time - probably not all that far off in the future - when I will be able to point and laugh at the whole "Flood can't recruit" schtick. You'll know it when it happens. For one thing, I'll be pointing. And laughing.

Superfan's post strikes me as one of the more reasonable ones I've seen on the subject of Flood and his tenure to date. One suggestion: when you attack someone's judgment, spell it right. Not that it matters too much. But a little. It reminds me of a sign I've seen several times at restaurants, mostly pizza joints: "Never question the chef's judgement."

You guys all love to get the recruits from FL, but the bottom line is if you can't be successful in your back yard, you will NEVER be successful enough in recruiting. It's not going to happen. Plus, in general, the out of state guys are the most likely to get cold feet along the way - with EVERY program, not just RU.

Gary or Haskins signing with RU would be a MONUMENTAL WIN for Flood. Celebrate greatly if it ever happens. Walker much less so, but still should be something Flood should be doing. I'm glad you are happy they are visiting. Not sure that it is the first time that big time recruits have visited RU though, like you make it out to be.

The list of 4 recruits on the front page looks remarkably similar to most of the better recruits signed over the past couple of years. No outstanding offers - please don't throw the Miss St offer out there, they offer 500 kids and sign 40 of them each year - I would expect nothing less from what are obviously Plan "A" guys at this point. Like I said, I'm not sure Dick Anderson couldn't be doing about the same at this point.

Bottom line, you are happy to be on the following plan if you are OK with the recruiting job of the last 3 years:

Recruit like this. Every 4th or 5th year or maybe both if lucky, have an above average team who will beat the also-rans on the schedule because of the 4th and 5th year guys on the roster. Make sure the OOC schedule lines up that year, so that there is an extra also-ran or two. Catch one of the big teams on a down cycle and get a win to crow about for the next three years, which will be bad because you are marrying inexperience with less talent.

Either that, or you are convinced that Flood is ready to break out his coaching genius on the lines of Chip Kelly or the like.
Like I said, must be dense. His MSU state offer isn't a blanket offer he verbal led to them. Where did I ever mention Florida or loving Fl recruits? How would the number 1 RB in the country not be a big deal? No I wouldn't be happy with it being every 4 OT 4th year, this is the year the ride is turned. Listen, we get it you hate flood and won't be objective about the improvements. You will also ignore the post comparing actual play between 2011 and 2103 classes...........never answered what you ain't prediction was? Assume you were also a going to set us back ten years guy.

VKJ,

Can you point to multiple moments where Flood proved to you he is destined to improve recruiting and improve his coaching? Just want to fully understand why you are so confident. I'm not denying those moments exist. I am skeptical but not ruling it out of the realm of possibility.

His MSU state offer isn't a blanket offer he verbal led to them.

This is going to come off bad about the recruit - and it shouldn't as he is one of the better recruits of the last 3 years, not the best, but better in terms of recruiting - but Miss St early verbal is not a big step up when it comes to RU recruiting if you follow the recruiting scene. They are carpet bombers in terms of offers and verbals. Between decommits, oversigning, not qualifying, etc., etc. I'd venture to say that they probably average 40 kids per class to be verbally committed at some point of time and their recruiting still lags behind the top powers.

You will also ignore the post comparing actual play between 2011 and 2103 classes...........never answered what you ain't prediction was? Assume you were also a going to set us back ten years guy.

I'm not sure what you are referring to here. If you straighten it out, I will respond, lol.

So a class with Haskins and either one or both of walker and Gary is spin? Lol

I wasn't aware that any of them had verballed to RU. Must of missed that..

oh wait, that's right, when in-state guys visit a few times - they're probably going to verbal - check, that's par for the course for Flood. When guys - who by all accounts from sites other than Scarlet Nation - have their home state as a probable leader and have had a lot of opportunity to verbal here, but seem to enjoy racking up big offers, mind you, it's not like QBs are usually early commits as a rule or anything, lol - they're probably going to verbal - check, that's par for the course for Flood.

This is exactly what I'm talking about...

RJsoho said it much better:

Can you point to multiple moments where Flood proved to you he is destined to improve recruiting and improve his coaching? Just want to fully understand why you are so confident. I'm not denying those moments exist. I am skeptical but not ruling it out of the realm of possibility.

Reactions: MoobyCow
As far as Walker. Yes, it would be a good get. Not nearly as great as a top QB or a top DT, which are much tougher battles on the recruiting front.

But look at his recruitment. Verbals to tOSU. By all accounts, they sign another guy - in the face of what they told him - and he is still committed there. Closest big recruiting competition - PSU - already has a commitment from an instate guy who is about as highly recruited, so they are just throwing their hat in there at most. Even Syracuse has a four star big time RB committed. So, if he ultimately decommits from tOSU because they p*ss him off more, who will be the competition???? Flood better get him, cause I'm sure Dick Anderson could. Instate RB SHOULD be the easiest recruitment you face - and statistically, probably one of the positions with the least impact on the team from a recruiting standpoint.

The telling thing to me is that he is still committed to tOSU at this point. With a great recruiter at RU, I would highly doubt that would be the case.

Im
As far as Walker. Yes, it would be a good get. Not nearly as great as a top QB or a top DT, which are much tougher battles on the recruiting front.

But look at his recruitment. Verbals to tOSU. By all accounts, they sign another guy - in the face of what they told him - and he is still committed there. Closest big recruiting competition - PSU - already has a commitment from an instate guy who is about as highly recruited, so they are just throwing their hat in there at most. Even Syracuse has a four star big time RB committed. So, if he ultimately decommits from tOSU because they p*ss him off more, who will be the competition???? Flood better get him, cause I'm sure Dick Anderson could. Instate RB SHOULD be the easiest recruitment you face - and statistically, probably one of the positions with the least impact on the team from a recruiting standpoint.

The telling thing to me is that he is still committed to tOSU at this point. With a great recruiter at RU, I would highly doubt that would be the case.
I'm out as this is a waste of time and you obviously have no clue especially regarding Walker. First, he told PSU early on that he had no interest, he was on top of their board. The Cuse kid is there because Florida said no thanks and he has limited chance of qualifying. If he can he's gone from there...guaranteed. As for other competition and Walker, he isn't some regional recruit he's being pressed by multiple PAC teams including Oregon, ASU, and USC to visit. He is on top of the board for a number of SEC schools as well. The fact you think he would be a lock here with Dick Anderson paints your true colors.

I wasn't aware that any of them had verballed to RU. Must of missed that..

oh wait, that's right, when in-state guys visit a few times - they're probably going to verbal - check, that's par for the course for Flood. When guys - who by all accounts from sites other than Scarlet Nation - have their home state as a probable leader and have had a lot of opportunity to verbal here, but seem to enjoy racking up big offers, mind you, it's not like QBs are usually early commits as a rule or anything, lol - they're probably going to verbal - check, that's par for the course for Flood.

This is exactly what I'm talking about...

RJsoho said it much better:
I wasn't aware that Haskins had verbal led anywhere yet, guess I missed it as QB's usually commit early.

VKJ,

He won all but one close game last year.....that's on coaching
His team didn't quit when they could have against Maryland.....means they want to play for him
He dominated his bowl...agin on coaching and prep
He's turned some less than heralded players into solid contributors/ studs. Many hear were pissed we signed guys like Turay and Cole.
People want to poo poo the multiple visits by top players as nothing but they weren't happening last year or the end of the prior year. That shows improvement and a better selling of his message........
As I said to everyone predicting 3 wins, we can revisit it in Dec. same here, we will see who is right come Feb....hope as many people don't disappear or deny ever predicting doom and gloom

Im

I'm out as this is a waste of time and you obviously have no clue especially regarding Walker. First, he told PSU early on that he had no interest, he was on top of their board. The Cuse kid is there because Florida said no thanks and he has limited chance of qualifying. If he can he's gone from there...guaranteed. As for other competition and Walker, he isn't some regional recruit he's being pressed by multiple PAC teams including Oregon, ASU, and USC to visit. He is on top of the board for a number of SEC schools as well. The fact you think he would be a lock here with Dick Anderson paints your true colors.

PSU has had a commitment from Miles Sanders (most likely will end up a 5*) for the better part of a year now - an instate recruit (track record is far more likely for all schools to KEEP these commitments and far more valuable down the line), so how hard to you think they are pressing for Walker at any time? Likewise, tOSU is not going to go bananas if Walker goes elsewhere. We are not talking about a DT or a QB here.

The fact that you call competition, 3 teams on the West Coast that are asking for visits and unnamed teams from the SEC who are I'm sure recruiting a bunch of other RBs closer to home also, shows how comical you are about the recruiting game. Yes, all the above mentioned teams would gladly take him in a heartbeat. There is also a finite amount of time that you can allocate in the recruiting game, so good teams allocate their resources wisely.

The fact of the matter is, Walker is the best situation of the DreamTeam top guys for Flood - hands down. It's not a position that schools go crazy over - generally many of your top athletes play RB in HS, so you recruit a lot of them, some end up at other positions, but usually everybody is fairly comfortable they have people who can play there. If you can't win these type of battles on your home turf, while in the B1G, while coming off probably the most successful season you may have for the next 2 or 3 years, what battles are you going to win exactly???

The Dick Anderson comment is obviously facetious, the guy couldn't recruit his way out of a paper bag - I'm sorry it went over your head the first 3 times I wrote it.

Yeah, the kid who committed to Syracuse has multiple issues - but you'd sure be doing handstands if he verballed to RU the other day. What do you think the odds are he qualifies and RU is in the running? - that's a better question, lol

People want to poo poo the multiple visits by top players as nothing but they weren't happening last year or the end of the prior year. That shows improvement and a better selling of his message.......

This could come in handy next year when the NCAA allows you to field players that aren't enrolled at your university, but visited during the recruiting process.

It sounds like you got some bad information about what was told to Walker and him being pissed. None of that is true.

Here is just a snippet of an article published by Ryan Bartow on April 23 after interviewing Walker. He doesn't sound pissed too me.

Walker is not worried about Demario McCall and George Hill being committed to the Buckeyes.

“There’s a lot of confusion about that whole situation,” Walker said. “(But) coach (Tony) Alford told me there’s three running backs in the class. We’re all listed as running backs. But all our roles are going to be different. In Zeke’s class there was Zeke, Jalin Marshall, and Dontre Wilson. They weren’t all listed as running backs but they are basically all running backs at the school now. Coach Alford let me know you’ll be the guy that gets the ball 25, 28, 30 times a game. You’ll be that guy.

“And then when Demario McCall committed, when I texted him congrats bro, he already understood the role so it wasn’t like coach Alford lied to me. It was like he knew I was the main running back and he will be the jet sweep guy. I think we will all be successful in the offense. I definitely see what they are trying to do.”

“Coach Alford spoke to me before and told me (McCall) might commit so just be aware,” Walker said. “We spoke about the whole conversation before he even committed. It’s understandable about the three running backs – it’s understandable how people took it. But as far as me, I kind of knew the situation.”

So is Walker rock solid to Ohio State?

“Yeah - it’s something about the O man,” Walker said. “And Buckeye Nation.”

Walker went on to say he doesn’t have a No. 2 choice. In fact he is hoping he can enroll early at Ohio State.

“As of right now that is the goal,” Walker said. “I had to take the ACT so I couldn’t get to the (Ohio State) spring game. I had to take the ACT that weekend so I could get the scores back. As far as my grades I’m getting all A’s and B’s. So I’m on the right track to doing that.”

http://ohiostate.247sports.com/Boar...isits-How-Solid-He-Is-To-Ohio-State--36924656

It sounds like you got some bad information about what was told to Walker and him being pissed. None of that is true.

Here is just a snippet of an article published by Ryan Bartow on April 23 after interviewing Walker. He doesn't sound pissed too me.

Walker is not worried about Demario McCall and George Hill being committed to the Buckeyes.

“There’s a lot of confusion about that whole situation,” Walker said. “(But) coach (Tony) Alford told me there’s three running backs in the class. We’re all listed as running backs. But all our roles are going to be different. In Zeke’s class there was Zeke, Jalin Marshall, and Dontre Wilson. They weren’t all listed as running backs but they are basically all running backs at the school now. Coach Alford let me know you’ll be the guy that gets the ball 25, 28, 30 times a game. You’ll be that guy.

“And then when Demario McCall committed, when I texted him congrats bro, he already understood the role so it wasn’t like coach Alford lied to me. It was like he knew I was the main running back and he will be the jet sweep guy. I think we will all be successful in the offense. I definitely see what they are trying to do.”

“Coach Alford spoke to me before and told me (McCall) might commit so just be aware,” Walker said. “We spoke about the whole conversation before he even committed. It’s understandable about the three running backs – it’s understandable how people took it. But as far as me, I kind of knew the situation.”

So is Walker rock solid to Ohio State?

“Yeah - it’s something about the O man,” Walker said. “And Buckeye Nation.”

Walker went on to say he doesn’t have a No. 2 choice. In fact he is hoping he can enroll early at Ohio State.

“As of right now that is the goal,” Walker said. “I had to take the ACT so I couldn’t get to the (Ohio State) spring game. I had to take the ACT that weekend so I could get the scores back. As far as my grades I’m getting all A’s and B’s. So I’m on the right track to doing that.”

http://ohiostate.247sports.com/Boar...isits-How-Solid-He-Is-To-Ohio-State--36924656

You sound as delusional as vk if you buy that explanation. But the fact of the matter is that it sounds like Walker buys it too, which says all you can say about the difference between recruiting at tOSU and RU. I'm certainly not arguing with you about Walker staying with the tOSU commitment. I can't say that there is any evidence that would lead me to believe anything different is going to end up happening. I can think of other staffs that would probably have had a field day with the whole situation by now, though.

You sound as delusional as vk if you buy that explanation. But the fact of the matter is that it sounds like Walker buys it too, which says all you can say about the difference between recruiting at tOSU and RU. I'm certainly not arguing with you about Walker staying with the tOSU commitment. I can't say that there is any evidence that would lead me to believe anything different is going to end up happening. I can think of other staffs that would probably have had a field day with the whole situation by now, though.

Sounds like you couldn't find a good reply and had to include an insult as a valid point.
Insults don't prove you're right, just proves you fear the other side might have a good point you can't dispute

Sounds like you couldn't find a good reply and had to include an insult as a valid point.
Insults don't prove you're right, just proves you fear the other side might have a good point you can't dispute
I actually was agreeing with him in point, disagreeing with him in method. If you reread it a few times it might help.

Nm

I look forward to the next few months....hope you don't disappear like so many others.

Last edited:
I actually was agreeing with him in point, disagreeing with him in method. If you reread it a few times it might help.
( your reply to this :
vkj91 said:
People want to poo poo the multiple visits by top players as nothing but they weren't happening last year or the end of the prior year. That shows improvement and a better selling of his message.. > with you replying :"This could come in handy next year when the NCAA allows you to field players that aren't enrolled at your university, but visited during the recruiting process").
was very lame and the insult of delusional was aimed at vkj91 (You sound as delusional as vk if you buy that explanation.) .
Maybe you need reading comprehensions lessons, but will admit a sensitive person would look at it like you did and take my reply as a general assessment of the post I replied to..
Next time I'll make my replies easier for you to understand and admit my reply could have been confusing to you by not pointing out exactly what
I was referring to.

I look forward to the ext few months....hope you don't disappear like so many others.

You've been looking forward to the next few months for quite some time now. Who's disappeared? It's entirely BECAUSE I've been around here for quite some time that I hold these opinions.

Reactions: vm7118
( your reply to this :
vkj91 said:
People want to poo poo the multiple visits by top players as nothing but they weren't happening last year or the end of the prior year. That shows improvement and a better selling of his message.. > with you replying :"This could come in handy next year when the NCAA allows you to field players that aren't enrolled at your university, but visited during the recruiting process").
was very lame and the insult of delusional was aimed at vkj91 (You sound as delusional as vk if you buy that explanation.) .
Maybe you need reading comprehensions lessons, but will admit a sensitive person would look at it like you did and take my reply as a general assessment of the post I replied to..
Next time I'll make my replies easier for you to understand and admit my reply could have been confusing to you by not pointing out exactly what
I was referring to.

You quoted the entire message to the OSU guy in your response. I guess I could see by your line of thinking that I was supposed to figure out that you were really referring to the first sentence - and not the whole quote that you put in your message that you found insulting. Ok, got it now.

Here it is for you again - since you still need a little work on integrating the quotations:

vkj91 said: People want to poo poo the multiple visits by top players as nothing but they weren't happening last year or the end of the prior year. That shows improvement and a better selling of his message..

> with you (ME-dicemen99) replying : This could come in handy next year when the NCAA allows you to field players that aren't enrolled at your university, but visited during the recruiting process

You've been looking forward to the next few months for quite some time now. Who's disappeared? It's entirely BECAUSE I've been around here for quite some time that I hold these opinions.
I have and that optimism paid off with 8 wins, a strong close holding onto to guys "top programs" came after hard(something we failed to do the prior year), and increased buzz about the program especially with recruits. In reality, it wont be a few months probably more like weeks....then we can read about "it's a long way to go...got to hold onto them"......for months.

Remind me what the recruiting ranking of that class with such a strong close was...and I'm sure that all those programs with Top 15 recruiting classes were heartbroken over the kids RU signed.

The victories you see in recruiting are precisely what is wrong with recruiting at RU. You don't even realize that you perpetuate the perception that you try so hard to dispel.

You quoted the entire message to the OSU guy in your response. I guess I could see by your line of thinking that I was supposed to figure out that you were really referring to the first sentence - and not the whole quote that you put in your message that you found insulting. Ok, got it now.

Here it is for you again - since you still need a little work on integrating the quotations:

vkj91 said: People want to poo poo the multiple visits by top players as nothing but they weren't happening last year or the end of the prior year. That shows improvement and a better selling of his message..

> with you (ME-dicemen99) replying : This could come in handy next year when the NCAA allows you to field players that aren't enrolled at your university, but visited during the recruiting process

Sorry you can't accept constructive criticism, but will admit I took the easy way out when quoted the Ohio St fan's post in full when I pointed out you insulting others because you didn't have a good response to what they said.
There was no problems when I " integrating the quotations",my way and it was easy to understand , while your way might be the way you best understand integrating quotations in a message meant for you.
I think you're protesting a little to much on that point (integrating quotations), but make a valid point about being confused because I quoted your reply to OSU2015 in full .

You should take a writing class - you're rather hard to follow.

You've said that Flood's "recruiting of New Jersey leaves a lot to be desired" and is "subpar".

Perhaps you'd like to share with the class your definition of "par".

Senile. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Remind me what the recruiting ranking of that class with such a strong close was...and I'm sure that all those programs with Top 15 recruiting classes were heartbroken over the kids RU signed.

The victories you see in recruiting are precisely what is wrong with recruiting at RU. You don't even realize that you perpetuate the perception that you try so hard to dispel.
Lol. You are right. They only went after those kids bc they were bored and not because they wanted them. Yea, I'm what's wrong with RU. A non grad who donates a boat load of money, has 20 plus season tickets, and offered up even more when they were "looking for a new coach". RU would be screwed with a few thousand more fans like me. Let me guess, you don't go to games, you donate crap(because until they care why should I), you don't go to bowl games, but you are what's needed.

The back and forth posts in this discussion are enough to drive one to drink (or drink more heavily). What's the point of arguing about Flood's recruiting prowess at this time? Just let it play out and see what he does with all the big names visiting campuses this year. If Walker, Haskins or Gary sign with us and several studs follow, then Flood is the best ever, maybe even better than GS. .But so far I don't see how one can not agree that Flood has not done well enough compared to our peers in the BiG East division. I want the guy to succeed as much as anyone but if he doesn't do exceptionally well this year in recruiting then I'm afraid he's toast. Rutgers is not playing on a level field when it comes to recruiting, our coach needs to compensate for that by having the "it" factor, the charisma, the vision, the winning personality that draws the top talent available. The BiG and the staff are getting the best players interested enough to at least seriously consider Rutgers. The head coach is the guy who needs to seal the deal with his vision and message. Things are positioned well enough to give him a chance of succeeding. Let's see if he can do it.

GS recruited in the falling apart Big East
Flood = B1G

Please discuss.

Oh- how you have no idea my friend, they have offers that you and most have no idea about. I know of them but it is not my place to share. Let's just say that some that you have not heard about are on TOP of the food chain.BTW- very curious why you discount the Miss St offer? That is not one I am referring to but why does it not count in your mind?

One of the points that VKJ made was really the purpose of starting this thread but it has morphed to something else.

VKJ said that he was one of the ones ready to pony up $$$ to replace Flood but the things Flood has done over the past year or so has changed his mind about Flood and while he may not be 100% on him yet, he is giving him the benefit of the doubt and feels that Flood has earned it. VKJ- sorry that I took such liberty with your actual quote hahahaha

But my OP was because it always seemed that John O and the guys liked Flood as a person but were never high on him as a coach. I wanted to see if they were similar to VKJ and a number of other posters who were swayed this past year or if they are still down on him.

One of the points that VKJ made was really the purpose of starting this thread but it has morphed to something else.

VKJ said that he was one of the ones ready to pony up $$$ to replace Flood but the things Flood has done over the past year or so has changed his mind about Flood and while he may not be 100% on him yet, he is giving him the benefit of the doubt and feels that Flood has earned it. VKJ- sorry that I took such liberty with your actual quote hahahaha

But my OP was because it always seemed that John O and the guys liked Flood as a person but were never high on him as a coach. I wanted to see if they were similar to VKJ and a number of other posters who were swayed this past year or if they are still down on him.

We're in the same category. At the close of the '13 season (actually just prior to the USF game) I was also one of the people on the phone with Athletic Development, representing a small group of ticket holders / boosters holding a pretty large chunk of money. And, like VKJ, this past season convinced me that Flood deserves an opportunity to work it out. We had a solid 1st season in the B1G, spoiled really only by the horrific PSU loss, and the recruiting is picking up.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT