ADVERTISEMENT

MONTEZ MATHIS COMMITS TO RUTGERS

scoring like .....

giphy.gif

Congrats to Coach Pike! And welcome Mr Mathis!

You will never regret your decision to enroll at Rutgers!

Upstream Red Team!!!! GO RU!!!!

[banana][banana][banana][banana][banana][banana][banana][banana][banana][banana][banana][banana][banana][banana]

Don't wanna steal any thunder here...

Nothings changed, but while I have nothing personally to with it of course, I believe everything is on track!

Nah, all good BK! Just looking for validation that we still have it coming (at some point)!

While we are here, and given all your past connections with RU basketball, is this the most optimistic you have been for RU hoops?

Land a big recruit, and you're first thought is "Seton Hall..."?? You should be more concerned on improving your 3-15 BIG record
I was thinking the same thing. Seton Hall is not in our conference anymore. How we do in the Big Ten will determine if we're playing in March

Yesssssssssssss!!!!! His Mom knew best. Welcome Mr. Mathis.

From my high school too!

It's The John Carroll School, not John Carroll High School.

Best of luck Montez!

Last edited:
This is legit the most excited I have been about Rutgers basketball since the off season after Kevin bannons first season (summer of 1998)....19 years since I last thought we were really going to get it done judged with my eyes and not my ears

It's happening!! Many said that the 2018 class was important (especially if we didn't want this to be a 6 yr rebuild), well Pike just hit a HR. Thank you Montez! Go RU!

WHOA! -Thought his decision was going to be delayed for a bit, but that just make this good news even SWEETER!!

WELCOME, Montez, to "The Banks"!!!!!!!! :basketball::boom::100points:[thumb2][banana]

Reactions: czxqa and RUonBrain
Great news about Mathis. And really interesting news from Jerry about Geo Baker:

"Pikiell now has his backcourt of the future. Word is incoming freshman Geo Baker looked razor sharp during summer workouts. So sharp, in fact, that it would not be a surprise to see him start from day one."

I just recently got home from a football practice and had a chance to look at Mathis' Tweet. I noticed something that made me do a little investigating.

If you look closely at the graphic that Mathis Tweeted you will notice that "@tipton.edits" is nowhere to be found in the graphic.

I posted in another thread that Joseph Tipton told me that he did an edit for Mathis "about a week ago."

I just asked Tipton about the graphic that Mathis Tweeted today and he said "He must've had a last second change of heart because it (the Tipton edit) was UCONN... lol."

That further confirms that things changed in the past several days moving Mathis away from Connecticut and to Rutgers.

Friday Knight shocker. Mr.Mathis....you have NO IDEA ho big a deal this is to us LONG suffering Rutgers fans. Thank you. You also don't know what it is going to be like when you and the others get the RAC back to sounding like it did in its glory days and soon will be again. #specialplacetoplay

Reactions: RUJMM78 and Rhuarc
I just recently got home from a football practice and had a chance to look at Mathis' Tweet. I noticed something that made me do a little investigating.

If you look closely at the graphic that Mathis Tweeted you will notice that "@tipton.edits" is nowhere to be found in the graphic.

I posted in another thread that Joseph Tipton told me that he did an edit for Mathis "about a week ago."

I just asked Tipton about the graphic that Mathis Tweeted today and he said "He must've had a last second change of heart because it (the Tipton edit) was UCONN... lol."

That further confirms that things changed in the past several days moving Mathis away from Connecticut and to Rutgers.

Russ--you're really awesome at what you do. Thanks for always sharing with us folks in the dark!

Thank God!!!

Congratulations. We'll be back in no time and I think pike will have you there with us. We need another rival in the NE besides exCUSE anyway.

Sincerely,
UConn Fan
Thanks, antg. As someone who is a Rutgers alum and whose son just graduated from UConn, I love both schools. Both can be great together.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT