ADVERTISEMENT

More clueless people exposed…

Reports are that UCLA is very happy with the move as THEIR athletic department ran up a debt of over 100 million and were beginning to consider cutting some sports. And their football attendance has been declining as well.

Reactions: Jimpeg
Clemson and Miami aren't AAU, and aren't Notre Dame. They are SEC bound if they can escape GOR for an affordable amt.

Even Nebraska was AAU when they joined.

Clemson and Miami aren't AAU, and aren't Notre Dame. They are SEC bound if they can escape GOR for an affordable amt.

Even Nebraska was AAU when they joined.

Won't even be a factor.

And Nebraska lost their AAU status in 2011 right around when they became BIG members. But their AAU status had been in jeopardy for years so the BIG was aware that Nebraska could lose their status.

Sure it’s a factor especially since the competition for the invite are all AAU and a better cultural fit

Clemson and Miami…nope.

NONE of the rules for membership apply to UND because they are the exception to every rule. We are now in a holding pattern.

Reactions: Knight Ed
No, the B1G is waiting on ND to decide. It's ND that wants to maintain its independence.

Oh I am not doubting it but Shelby sure seemed to think AAU Membership was a requirement, even suggesting ND was SEC bound. AAU membership clearly isn't an issue for ND and the BIG.

EDIT: My bad, I went back and re-read his first post and maybe I misread it. My bad.

How's this, by associating themselves with an academic school such as Stanford it increases the perceived academic reputation of ND?
The previous reply made sense to me.. alternating west coast visits so they go every season... as well as alternating SoCal and NoCal.

USC and UCLA to the B1G has proven to have an additional benefit.

It exposed the following clowns and frauds:

1). Almost all the media who were in shock and awe over this move - dam. This board even discussed this in detail when Texas and OU left for the SEC. The media is clueless.

2) Hate to even write this one but anyone who thinks, posted or takes seriously the possibility of RU being kicked out is even more clueless. Location, academics and location are everything. (Duplicate location for a reason)

3) The entire Syracuse fanbase and especially those who post on their board - clueless does not even come close to how out of touch they are.

4) Kansas to the B1G - see 2

5). Paul Finebaum - a one horse pony buffoon - clueless nationally.

6) The ACC who picked Boston College. Wow - that is like picking the titanic to beat the Atlantic crossing speed record.

7) Anyone who thinks Notre Dame is staying independent.

just a few. Feel free to add to the list.
Very well put! BC and 'Cuse BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

The clueless people continue to rear their ugly heads! 365 Sports is debating live on youtube right now about conference realignment. These "experts" are actually debating whether the B1G would consider talking Iowa State and Kansas State.... I kid you not.

What a bunch of idiots.

If the B1G teams (including USC and UCLA) decide there is enough tough competition in conference and maybe some SEC crossovers and they don’t need to schedule ND, then what options does ND have?
If the Big Ten teams refuse to schedule the Domers the ND appeal to the networks is reduced. I hope the Big Ten knows their worth and negotiates from the position of strength they hold, i.e. F**k ND.

There are a number of options to push ND towards B10, they revolve around, money, playoff accessibility, and of course scheduling. No doubt the Big would welcome ND, there is no need to beg. There are some real downside possibilities for the Domers if they overplay their hand

• Love
Reactions: runrutgersrun
The clueless people continue to rear their ugly heads! 365 Sports is debating live on youtube right now about conference realignment. These "experts" are actually debating whether the B1G would consider talking Iowa State and Kansas State.... I kid you not.

What a bunch of idiots.
Those guys have put out plenty of videos the past few days making it clear that there are plenty of idiots who've never left Texas.

What a bunch of idiots.
People all over the internet decide to call themselves "experts." Turns out there's no test to take. You can just give yourself the title.

Last edited:
People all over the internet decide to call tehmselves "expers." Turns out there's no test to take. You can just give yourself the title.
you guess right one time and brag about it.
Guess right twice and you're all over the internet proclaiming you're an expert and providing your lucky guesses as proof.

Reactions: letitrip2
The more I think about it the more I hope they do not join the B1G. Apparently they have been sniping with the ACC offices since last summer over the fact the ACC voted down the expanded playoff, which ND wanted because in their eyes they would make it more frequently.
If they come to the B1G they will have helped kill two conferences. They are only out for themselves. I could see them coming here, trying to form a power block with USC, OSU, and Michigan and seeking to have an unequal revenue share where the bigger programs get more $$$.
I never trusted their motives and never will. Hopefully they rot on the outside looking in.
I agree. We do not want ND. They are used to being in control, and if they join the B1G, they will do everything they can to gain as much control as possible and they will attempt to get exceptions and carve outs any way they can. Some of the secret sauce of the B1G is the even shares and revenue, and IMO, ND will be pains in the ass to upset the apple cart. They are only out for themselves.

In fact, I am starting to be so against ND to the B1G, that I hope they go to the SEC. Let the SEC deal with them. I don’t think that will happen, but I just don’t want them here.

I'd be shocked if ND doesn't come, bringing Stanford (and eventually others)

Brent McMurphy had an interesting tweet yesterday, saying B1G was interested in FSU & Miami
I doubt the SEC would allow that, but they would be 2 of the ACC schools (along w/UVA and UNC, who are much more of a natural fit) that the B1G would consider

Everything is on the table as they're playing "chess, not checkers" and "not wanting to be like Sears" is a very real thing according to Kevein Warren

Expect significant official additional movement by 2025 or thereabouts

I'd be shocked if ND doesn't come, bringing Stanford (and eventually others)

Brent McMurphy had an interesting tweet yesterday, saying B1G was interested in FSU & Miami
I doubt the SEC would allow that, but they would be 2 of the ACC schools (along w/UVA and UNC, who are much more of a natural fit) that the B1G would consider

Everything is on the table as they're playing "chess, not checkers" and "not wanting to be like Sears" is a very real thing according to Kevein Warren

Expect significant official additional movement by 2025 or thereabouts
I don't know if there is an "if the SEC allows it" issue. It's a two way street for both the conferences and the schools. Does a conference want said school and for the schools that are wanted by both which conference would they prefer?

Reactions: Knight Ed
I don't know if there is an "if the SEC allows it" issue. It's a two way street for both the conferences and the schools. Does a conference want said school and for the schools that are wanted by both which conference would they prefer?
Allows it in the sense they (and ESPN) are proactive in prohibiting it from happening (taking the southern schools to keep the B1G out and increase revenue)

Both FL schools could go and fit in (academically and athletically, culturally not so much) with the B1G.

FSU could fit in w/the SEC all around, Miami not so much w/culture (lot of NE kids there, and would be on an island if they came alone)

Allows it in the sense they (and ESPN) are proactive in prohibiting it from happening (taking the southern schools to keep the B1G out and increase revenue)

Both FL schools could go and fit in (academically and athletically, culturally not so much) with the B1G.

FSU could fit in w/the SEC all around, Miami not so much w/culture (lot of NE kids there, and would be on an island if they came alone)
Miami being a school predominantly attended by kids from the Northeast makes an interesting point as culturally the Northeast fits far better with the B1G than the SEC. I don't like that they aren't AAU but they'd be one of the extremely few schools along with ND that the B1G would allow in without the AAU academic credentials on their resume.

I don't think ESPN has a say in it either as soon as the GOR is expired.

Even in the hypothetical that the ACC dissolves by majority vote, I'm not so sure ESPN has a say in that scenario either. If the conference doesn't exist why would ESPN have control over where a school goes.

I've addressed this notion that's it's ESPN/SEC vs Fox/B10. That may be the case now in a sense but can't say that will be the case in the future. I keep saying I see the trend towards the NFL model. For the B10, that's imitating both the conference structure (national) and media strategy(multiple partners). For the SEC, it can also be media strategy. The conference networks will still be owned by ESPN/Fox. If the SEC is smart, after their ESPN deals expire in the 2030s they should want to split their package among various media outlets just like the B10 is doing now. Again NFL model. In the future, I could see both ESPN and Fox have portions of both the B10 and SEC and then CBS, NBC, and some tech players sprinkled in along edges. I've even wondered if maybe the B10/SEC lined up their rights and pooled them together somewhere down the line.

Miami being a school predominantly attended by kids from the Northeast makes an interesting point as culturally the Northeast fits far better with the B1G than the SEC. I don't like that they aren't AAU but they'd be one of the extremely few schools along with ND that the B1G would allow in without the AAU academic credentials on their resume.
Academically they're solid, my impression is the AAU wasn't a dead set criteria but preferred (Nebraska has it, but doesn't anymore)

I don't think ESPN has a say in it either as soon as the GOR is expired.

Even in the hypothetical that the ACC dissolves by majority vote, I'm not so sure ESPN has a say in that scenario either. If the conference doesn't exist why would ESPN have control over where a school goes.

I've addressed this notion that's it's ESPN/SEC vs Fox/B10. That may be the case now in a sense but can't say that will be the case in the future. I keep saying I see the trend towards the NFL model. For the B10, that's imitating both the conference structure (national) and media strategy(multiple partners). For the SEC, it can also be media strategy. The conference networks will still be owned by ESPN/Fox. If the SEC is smart, after their ESPN deals expire in the 2030s they should want to split their package among various media outlets just like the B10 is doing now. Again NFL model. In the future, I could see both ESPN and Fox have portions of both the B10 and SEC and then CBS, NBC, and some tech players sprinkled in along edges. I've even wondered if maybe the B10/SEC lined up their rights and pooled them together somewhere down the line.
ESPN absolutely has the ultimate say in it
Theoretically, they're getting the ACC for pennies on the dollar right now

If they want to let the marquee schools there die on the vine for what they're paying them vs. what they're making w/the SEC, they can do that

Or, they can assist w/the GOR dissolution / compromise, and facilitate a move w/the ACC schools they want to the SEC, thereby bringing up the SEC"s tv contract $ per year to offset the pennies on the dollar they're saving by having the ACC right now

As I've noted, I'm confident in the latter scenario happening in the next few years

ESPN absolutely has the ultimate say in it
Theoretically, they're getting the ACC for pennies on the dollar right now

If they want to let the marquee schools there die on the vine for what they're paying them vs. what they're making w/the SEC, they can do that

Or, they can assist w/the GOR dissolution / compromise, and facilitate a move w/the ACC schools they want to the SEC, thereby bringing up the SEC"s tv contract $ per year to offset the pennies on the dollar they're saving by having the ACC right now

As I've noted, I'm confident in the latter scenario happening in the next few years
GOR dissolution (conference dissolving) requires a home for 8 schools. Where are the homes for 8 schools? UNC, UVA, Clemson, FSU, Miami...and then who else? Maybe VT. It's still short. Plus why couldn't the schools left out sue ESPN for tortious interference if they get their fingers too deeply involved?

edit: Again that's the conference dissolving and if the conference dissolves, I'd think anyone is free to go anywhere they want assuming they're wanted. What say does ESPN have when a conference dissolves. I can't see how there is a GOR dissolution without the conference dissolving first.

GOR dissolution (conference dissolving) requires a home for 8 schools. Where are the homes for 8 schools? UNC, UVA, Clemson, FSU, Miami...and then who else? Maybe VT. It's still short. Plus why couldn't the schools left out sue ESPN for tortious interference if they get their fingers too deeply involved?

edit: Again that's the conference dissolving and if the conference dissolves, I'd think anyone is free to go anywhere they want assuming they're wanted. What say does ESPN have when a conference dissolves. I can't see how there is a GOR dissolution without the conference dissolving first.
5 are definitely desirable to B1G/ACC
FSU, Clemson, Miami, UNC, Virginia

3 others are possibilities
Duke, NC State, VT

3 others are interesting
GT, Louisville, Pitt (Pitt is a stretch)

Wake / BC / Cuse are toast

I believe some resolution amongst conferences will be reached as you can't have a school going rouge on an island by themselves without a home, and without the other 7 having homes

ND is the first domino (whether they come or not), McMurphy's tweet was interesting yesterday, and Warren's comments at media day were telling - will be an interesting next few years as changes are brewing

Duke, NC State, VT

3 others are interesting

I believe some resolution amongst conferences will be reached as you can't have a school going rouge on an island by themselves without a home, and without the other 7 having homes

ND is the first domino (whether they come or not), McMurphy's tweet was interesting yesterday, and Warren's comments at media day were telling - will be an interesting next few years as changes are brewing
Here's a scenario where you could get 8 but no clue how realistic it would be. Still don't think any conference/network has control of who goes where for schools wanted by multiple conferences.

There's an idea of some 3rd conference mash up of some group of leftovers from the PAC/B12/ACC. I agree a 3rd national conference like that could emerge in the aftermath. If you could tell me (and I don't know that anyone would know this) that this 3rd mash up conference would make as much money per school as the schools in the PAC/ACC are now then I could see a scenario where you get 8 votes in the ACC. Even then I'd still wonder if leftover schools would rather hold onto the status quo as long as possible before having to move but at least you can see a path for 8 votes.

From the McMurphy article yesterday there was talk about Warren and Yormark working together and eventually chopping up the rest of the PAC10. 4 corners to the B12 and Stanford (Oregon/Wash) to the B10. If that happens and the B12/PAC10 combo of schools is able to get a contract in range of the current ACC maybe you have a shot at 8 votes in the ACC. It's kind of what I said about last summer about the B10. Step 1 go out west, step 2 go to the east. The B12 maybe could follow the same path but on a smaller scale. That's a lot of variables though and there's no way to know if it all works out financially to actually make it go.

Here's a scenario where you could get 8 but no clue how realistic it would be. Still don't think any conference/network has control of who goes where for schools wanted by multiple conferences.

There's an idea of some 3rd conference mash up of some group of leftovers from the PAC/B12/ACC. I agree a 3rd national conference like that could emerge in the aftermath. If you could tell me (and I don't know that anyone would know this) that this 3rd mash up conference would make as much money per school as the schools in the PAC/ACC are now then I could see a scenario where you get 8 votes in the ACC. Even then I'd still wonder if leftover schools would rather hold onto the status quo as long as possible before having to move but at least you can see a path for 8 votes.

From the McMurphy article yesterday there was talk about Warren and Yormark working together and eventually chopping up the rest of the PAC10. 4 corners to the B12 and Stanford (Oregon/Wash) to the B10. If that happens and the B12/PAC10 combo of schools is able to get a contract in range of the current ACC maybe you have a shot at 8 votes in the ACC. It's kind of what I said about last summer about the B10. Step 1 go out west, step 2 go to the east. The B12 maybe could follow the same path but on a smaller scale. That's a lot of variables though and there's no way to know if it all works out financially to actually make it go.
That's plausible
Yormark is a smart guy (as is his brother), he spearheaded the Nets going to Brooklyn so he's used to big shakeups

Definitely interesting to see how this all shakes out

Duke, NC State, VT

3 others are interesting

Don't forget the Pac 12 targets (Stanford, Cal, Oregon, Washington).

People all over the internet decide to call themselves "experts." Turns out there's no test to take. You can just give yourself the title.
You took the thoughts from my head. I currently live in a foreign shithole (leaving soon). Every day in the press these 'local experts' are trotted out to give their opinions on lockdowns, testing, masks etc.

From day to day they contradict themselves. It's like listening to stream of consciousness from a low IQ mental patient.

None of these people are experts. One guy is a microbiologist at the equivalent of a community college. What does a microbiologist know about the logistics of a plandemic?

Some other idiot 'local expert' is a glorified community organizer, who keeps screaming about giving people colored wristbands so tourists (there are no tourists anymore) can't go to restaurants and infect people. I think it's more about preventing bank runs...

This is insanity. If you're gonna call yourself an expert why limit it to local? Just call yourself 'universal expert of everything' like I do.

The local rags always show them as masked giant floating heads.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT