ADVERTISEMENT

Move on from Cliff

I agree only if we hit the portal. Wolfolk, Ogbole and a freshman is not a good success recipe.
However, Cliff is tall and a great shot blocker, but he never developed post moves here, drops the ball a lot and has been hurt a lot

I would not wait for Cliff to go thru the NBA stuff.
Can’t they just take last year’s results. He’s exactly the same player as he’s been for 3+ years, expect he’s a year older and played on a worse team this year. If anything, his evaluation would drop.

We have heard all the praises for guys like Mag, Cliff …salt of the earth. Hey coach tell them “ guys we would love you to stay but I’m not getting hung out to dry like 2024…. You have 2 weeks post NCAA finals to decide one way or the other. Thanks for your time at Rutgers.”

I want Cliff on next years time but, not at the gamble of letting the NBA process play out. The portal is going to open next Monday and then guys will be moving quickly.

If he doesn’t come out and say he’s back in the first couple weeks of the portal opening we may have to just fill the spot.

Cliff is the home run 5 for next years team. We may have to choke up and slap one to opposite field early in the count, so we don’t strike out.

Ask Cliff to announce he’s moving on but silently promise to take him back if he wants later. Probably can only take this tactic once, otherwise kids in the portal would see right through it if Cliff does end up coming back after another center has committed here. But this is the time to pull our card. We can’t sit around and wait. That doesn’t work.

Reactions: High Quality H2O
In all seriousness it's a legit concern.

But .. I think Cliff will be upfront with Pike and tell him what he plans to do if/when he doesn't hear what he wants about the NBA. I do not see him screwing Pike... if his backup plan is to hit the portal and get paid, I think he'll let Pike know that ahead of time...

Reactions: Loyal-Son
Yeah let’s “move on” from our anchor defender down low with a 2024 team that will be relying heavily on freshman.

Pike needs to give him a deadline and make it clear he wants him back.

Reactions: RUkhoury
After last year's last minute departures of Cam and Paul, you have to hope the coaching staff has learned a hard lesson. Players are doing what is best for them. Rutgers has to do what is best for the program, period!
I say get who you can get when you can get them.

Reactions: RUinParkRidge
After last year's last minute departures of Cam and Paul, you have to hope the coaching staff has learned a hard lesson. Players are doing what is best for them. Rutgers has to do what is best for the program, period!
I say get who you can get when you can get them.

The problem is the staff is constrained by roster spots and minutes.
Can’t court and bring someone in unless they have a spot available.

It’s all well and good to say “give Clif a deadline”.
But is HC Pike really going to say “Sorry Clif but you are out. Doesn’t matter if you want to return. We’ve moved on”?

Reactions: Loyal-Son
Sure …let’s just move in from a walking double double three straight years who also happens to be a terrific person and student (graduating in 4 years with a 3.73 GPA in Informstion technology )…

The original post is a TOP TEN worst list of ALL TIME on this forum !!!!

Sure …let’s just move in from a walking double double three straight years who also happens to be a terrific person and student (graduating in 4 years with a 3.73 GPA in Informstion technology )…

The original post is a TOP TEN worst list of ALL TIME on this forum !!!!

It isnt necessarily that simple.

What if Clif wants to explore the draft process again and not make a decision until mid May at the earliest?
Does HC Pike just wait and end up with diminished replacement options if needed?

Reactions: shields
It isnt necessarily that simple.

What if Clif wants to explore the draft process again and not make a decision until mid May at the earliest?
Does HC Pike just wait and end up with diminished replacement options if needed?
Let’s move on ….implies that the door is closed right now on March 9th and don’t take bin back, period

Which is far different then both sides and evaluating their options and explain each other there concerns and seeing if it can work

Reactions: NickRU714
He is gone anyway. He's good but average overall. He kills the offense...sorry...horribly inconsistent...Def move on time. Not a walking double double...ur kidding right...not against talented centers.

Pike is playing it right, gotta assume the guys like Cliff are gone. If he turns around in May and says he wants to run it back, you take him if there is an open scholarship. But if it is 50/50 at best and you try to save it for him, passing on any other good C, and he turns pro, then what could be an historic season could instead turn into a scramble for the bubble.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT