ADVERTISEMENT

Myles Johnson Grad Year

I don’t like the way that sounds. Maybe I’m reading into it but the word “still”. Reminds me of kids who reneg on their commitment and say that school is still in the mix but they are keeping their options open. Ugh

Ok I watched the video. I feel slightly better. I don’t think this about Stanford or strongly considering any other school. If Geo comes back, I think MJ will return to RU. Just a hunch, based on how he said these are the guys he’s been with and how Geo is his roommate, etc.

While I love Rutgers and would love to see myles here next year.. if Iwere him and got a grad spot at Stanford I'd be gone. That's the SMART move and he will bea Rutgers man, afterall.

There’s isn’t a college basketball coach on this planet who wouldn’t salivate at the chance of getting this kid for a year.
I don’t care who’s on their team or who they are.
I said after Eugene left we’d be screwed and I was wrong. If Myles leaves............Cliff would have serious shoes to fill.

I'm not feeling too optimistic about this either.

It's been mentioned before, but 6 of the 20 highest rated engineering graduate schools are in California, including Stanford, Cal, UCLA, and USC. It'll be a bummer but I'll understand if he chooses to leave for a top school in California, since it's his home and since the weather is nicer. (On the other hand, Michigan, Purdue, Illinois, Northwestern, and Maryland are also rated in the top 20.... A transfer to one of those would be harder to understand, although whatever's best for Myles is best.)

Remind me again what state did he grow up in? Anyway, Myles, its been great having you. Best of lick in life and hoops.

Reactions: satnom
I think we can infer that he is talking to other coaches already. Of course, this is a weird year for scholarships everywhere. I would imagine there will be an abundance of very solid college players who are graduating but happy to play another year and get some free grad school.

My gut says he would be very open to playing in the PAC-12.

I think we can infer that he is talking to other coaches already. Of course, this is a weird year for scholarships everywhere. I would imagine there will be an abundance of very solid college players who are graduating but happy to play another year and get some free grad school.

My gut says he would be very open to playing in the PAC-12.

Does a guy who is planning on coming back get treated like a senior on senior night?

I have two reactions, both positive. First and foremost that Myles stays with Geo and Jacob and the guys make a Final Four run.

Second, if Myles leaves, we get to watch him succeed at a high level somewhere else. I’ll always root for the kid.

Wherever he is, this guy is going to be successful. So we'll spoken, hard working, to be an engineering major by itself is hard enough, to make Dean's List is excellent, to combine that with a demanding athletic career is beyond amazing. Personally, it makes all the sense in the world if he gets into Stanford, why not have 2 different networks for his career, and give him a choice of either coast to live and work. Plus, for whatever reason, the BIG refs don't give him the respect he deserves, why not get a fresh start. Really hope to see him back next year, but thank y6in advance for repping RU well these last 4 year's

Reactions: ricdrul
Stanford maybe a bubble team at best and P12 is a far weaker conference. Stanford pulled his scholarship when he got hurt out of high school. Don’t know why half of you seem to root for RU to fail but there’s a few reasons not to go there.

If you saw his bio on the Journey, this is a man who is preparing for life after basketball...I root as hard for RU as anyone, and Myles is my favorite player on the team, but Stanford would set him up for life. I truly want the best for him, and that may or may not be at Rutgers

Reactions: ricdrul
Need to bring in a CJ Gettys or Shaq Carter type transfer if Myles leaves to back up Cliff

Regardless of where he does his graduate work he will most likely get any job he applies for.. that being said a grad degree from Cal or Stanford would look really good on a resume.

He is going to go home if he gets in to a place like Stanford and he feels it's the best place for him for a few reasons. However, I could also see him choosing to stay at Rutgers given the relationships and etc that he's built and connections etc in the area.

I also think it will partly depend on what the other guys do.

I don't think he knows, and that's ok. Either way, great kid, and will always be an RU guy.

Reactions: koleszar
I knew losing Young Geo Mathis was a nightmare scenario this off-season but I did not realize Myles was also another possibility.

Reactions: DirtyRU
We haven’t had much success re-recruiting existing players so far but would think this particular situation would be more likely to go Pikes way than the last two.

No idea what Geo is thinking, but his reaction to the question resembled that of a kid whose going to test the waters at the combine and could easily come back.

MJ was pushed hard by NJ media and I actually felt bad for the kid. He’d be a complete fool not to have applied to any other schools regardless. His family lives on the other side of the country. You just never know what life is going to bring. If his teammates of 4 years don’t return (especially Geo) it’s going to be a tough decision. Definitely a kid that doesn’t know right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT