ADVERTISEMENT

Myles Johnson

Here's an article about his retirement and potential next steps:

Right up there with Eric Legrand, Brian Leonard, Geo Baker, and Devin Mccourty as far as character guys who made a difference

Very nice article about Myles decision to leave basketball. He was a great ambassador for Rutgers while here and brought us a lot of great publicity for his activities away from the basketball court. He epitomizes what the concept of student-athlete is all about and is a wonderful role model for young African-Americans, especially men.

He belongs on that list (above) of Rutgers athletes who made a difference.

Here's an article about his retirement and potential next steps:

Thanks for sharing! Over the last few years, we’ve been lucky to have some really special guys on the team. I really enjoyed pointing out to my oldest that Myles is even better at academics than he is at basketball. Great ambassador and role model.

Reactions: RU MAN and csphi
Has a bright future. Already has job offers with IBM and the Golden State Warriors to join their tech and analytics department. I’ve heard that he has a great path ahead though if he chooses IBM - as he’s interned there each year going back to his time at RU.
If you are black and in tech, you can get a job almost anywhere right now. Quite literally. There is a massive push to hire such people and very few candidates.

Will always be one of my favorite players we ever had. Kid is intelligent, personable, and a good basketball player. Hope he comes to a game every now and again so I can tell him that.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
I am most appreciative that Myles gave Rutgers four years of his life. He was the finest example of a student athlete. He gave us many fond memories. I am glad that I got to meet his Dad and Mom and sister as well at several RU practices. The entire family is all class. Myles will go very far in life. He is one special young man.

I truly expected Myles to improve a lot with UCLA this season. That did not happen and just as a casual observer, it appeared that his heart was not into it. He was a focal point here and nearly an afterthought there. Better things to come for him.

I am most appreciative that Myles gave Rutgers four years of his life. He was the finest example of a student athlete. He gave us many fond memories. I am glad that I got to meet his Dad and Mom and sister as well at several RU practices. The entire family is all class. Myles will go very far in life. He is one special young man.
His father makes a great point, but the reply to his father's tweet makes a great point too.

I was disappointed when he left Rutgers, but this is a quality young man. I thank him for his efforts and years at Rutgers. A fine and unique and multi-talented individual.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT