ADVERTISEMENT

Myles Johnson

I'm sure he is happy to be closer to home. I wonder if he would rather be at Stanford from a basketball perspective so he could have played more.

Reactions: Danprusa_4
Not really. Jersey will never compete with Cali on all levels.
As a jersey boy born and raised who lived in SoCal for 5 years…

California is a shit hole and completely overrated.

Unless you only live where you live for warm weather, then sure Cali is the best

Reactions: RutgersNo1
There's a reason why California has 40 million people and other states do not. New Jersey is a great state, but California leads the USA in so many areas. I realize this is anathema for some, but you can have Florida and Texas. These states have their own greatness, but in terms of culture, technology, geography and climate, they are way behind California.

There's a reason why California has 40 million people and other states do not. New Jersey is a great state, but California leads the USA in so many areas. I realize this is anathema for some, but you can have Florida and Texas. These states have their own greatness, but in terms of culture, technology, geography and climate, they are way behind California.
California is slipping badly. A lot of tech people are leaving California in droves for Texas. Earthquakes, wildfires and mudslides are an annual problem.

Last edited:
It’s pretty simple. Myles was not all in for RU even though they were all in for him.
We would have been a top 10 team with him here this year.He only had 1 more year to play with his best friends. Decided to leave & be a human screen for UCLA. They don’t want him to even look at the basket. Another year of development with Pike & he could have had an NBA career. Only at RU, people waiving there Pom poms for a guy that derailed our game against Houston & seriously hurt our front court depth this year. If UCLA happens to go Far in the tournament there will be idiots here celebrating.

Neutral comment: I don't think Myles really enjoys playing basketball, that his preference would be to study, bring his laptop to the cafe, be with his girlfriend, socialize with friends, play pickup ball at the gym, play ping-pong in the lounge, hang with his family, cheer like crazy from the stands. And that all sounds good to me.

Neutral comment: I don't think Myles really enjoys playing basketball, that his preference would be to study, bring his laptop to the cafe, be with his girlfriend, socialize with friends, play pickup ball at the gym, play ping-pong in the lounge, hang with his family, cheer like crazy from the stands. And that all sounds good to me.
Probably true

As a jersey boy born and raised who lived in SoCal for 5 years…

California is a shit hole and completely overrated.

Unless you only live where you live for warm weather, then sure Cali is the best
I see what you’re saying.

Reactions: The RUT
I’m not pro or anti California, but the main reason it has 40 million people is that it’s gigantic.

California is 156k square miles. New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania are only 100k combined and have ~41 million

I’m not pro or anti California, but the main reason it has 40 million people is that it’s gigantic.

California is 156k square miles. New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania are only 100k combined and have ~41 million
True. But mostly for its areas and tour places in my opinion.

Love to hear from Myles himself if this hoops season went the way he thought it would, and if there was any regret.

Spot on. California continues to lead the US in economic growth and future projections are strong. If measured as a country California be the 5th biggest economy in the world. Many biased knuckleheads on here dream on otherwise.

Spot on. California continues to lead the US in economic growth and future projections are strong. If measured as a country California be the 5th biggest economy in the world. Many biased knuckleheads on here dream on otherwise.
Yet another biased and dumb take. Nobody said anything biased until you brought it up.

But here you go for the opposite story.

"what they value most when choosing a site for their headquarters, respectively:

• Tax policy
  • Regulatory climate
  • Talent availability

Texas ranked as the absolute best for business, and California ranked as the absolute worst for business out of all 50 states in this CEO survey."

Last edited:
Hahahahaha! Turn California over and place it over the Eastern seaboard. How many people would live there? Idiot.

I think we can all agree people only go to Cali for the money, girls, and beach life.

When I left California I needed to drive to Arizona to pick up a uhaul because they aren’t letting 1 way uhauls leave the state because there aren’t any coming back in.

The state has zero middle class, you are either extremely wealthy or you are struggling to make it every day.

I did well and still had to have roommates.

The state punishes you for being successful.

We had multiple power outages while I was there because the power grid couldn’t handle the amount of people trying to use AC. Mayors and Governors begging people not to use electricity and to just open the windows during a heat wave.

None of that is normal.

But yeah, hot women and nice weather I guess lol

When I left California I needed to drive to Arizona to pick up a uhaul because they aren’t letting 1 way uhauls leave the state because there aren’t any coming back in.

The state has zero middle class, you are either extremely wealthy or you are struggling to make it every day.

I did well and still had to have roommates.

The state punishes you for being successful.

We had multiple power outages while I was there because the power grid couldn’t handle the amount of people trying to use AC. Mayors and Governors begging people not to use electricity and to just open the windows during a heat wave.

None of that is normal.

But yeah, hot women and nice weather I guess lol
I would also add that never in a million years would I ever want to raise a family in SoCal (NorCal I can’t speak on).

The culture there is awful.

It’s a fairytale party culture where peoples priorities are completely fvcked and they don’t deal in reality.

Well from Myles being the subject, the issue now is who likes California and who doesn't think living there is a good thing.
My opinion of Myles he moved back home to Californnia for two reasons, it's home and the school he transfered to has the type of reputation that will help him land a good job after he leaves.

As for living in California, some do and some don't
Some will and some won't
Some stay and some leave.
Some conservatives hate the thought of it , some liberals love the sight of it.
And some on this board will try to make an issue of it, others will not care about discussing that issue if it hijacks what this thread was started about> Myles Johnson
My opinion is Myles went to UCLA mainly for academics and basketball is just a way to receive a free education before he enters the business world and if pro basketball becomes an option, he'll consider it, but not something he had really planed to do .

It’s pretty simple. Myles was not all in for RU even though they were all in for him.
We would have been a top 10 team with him here this year.He only had 1 more year to play with his best friends. Decided to leave & be a human screen for UCLA. They don’t want him to even look at the basket. Another year of development with Pike & he could have had an NBA career. Only at RU, people waiving there Pom poms for a guy that derailed our game against Houston & seriously hurt our front court depth this year. If UCLA happens to go Far in the tournament there will be idiots here celebrating.
Twice now you've stated that Myles left his best friends when he left RU. Are you sure that his old friends from home and his family weren't just as valuable to him as his RU friends were? I bet there are also some people in California who think he left his best friends when he left home to attend Rutgers. And maybe he has other priorities and values in life that might be as important to him or more important to him than playing basketball at Rutgers for additional years...

He was 2800 miles away from home for the 4 years that he was here, and a good portion of the last 2 years that he was here was unusually difficult for student athletes because of Covid risks to themselves and others and because of Covid restrictions and requirements, making college life less enjoyable, and at times preventing recreational travel to see family or friends and preventing many normal recreational activities and socializing... I'd guess that a situation like that might make someone more homesick or lead to increased stress for various reasons.

Maybe you have inside information that the rest of us don't have, or maybe you were hurt by him personally in some way, but holding that much of a grudge against the guy seems like overkill to people like me who don't harbor any animosity toward him. And I may very well be an idiot, but if I am, the reasons have nothing to do with Myles or what teams I root for.

California is slipping badly. A lot of tech people are leaving California in droves for Texas. Earthquakes, wildfires and mudslides are an annual problem.

California is not slipping badly. Far from it. Don't swallow the propaganda. People always bet against and hate on California. I get it, but the bets are always losers.

California has problems, including some really big issues related to drought, natural disasters, housing prices, taxes, homelessness, etc. California still attracts the best and brightest. Things will change, but right now, Silicon Valley (and Seattle) are home to the largest, most dynamic companies in the world - Microsoft, Alphabet, Meta, Apple, Amazon, Nvdia. Yes, Telsa moved their HQ to Texas, but still have major operations here (plus, they sell most of their cars to Californians).

I hear you, but I wasn't comparing California to the northeast, but to Florida and Texas. Texas is a bigger state than California. California also has a higher GDP per capita to the other two states.

BTW, New Jersey is of similar size in area (square miles) and population to the nine county San Francisco Bay Area. For anyone knowledgeable of the Bay Area, that's from Cloverdale down to Gilroy and inland to Dixon and Livermore.

Reactions: fluoxetine
You realize CA is the size of the whole east coast, right?

Twice now you've stated that Myles left his best friends when he left RU. Are you sure that his old friends from home and his family weren't just as valuable to him as his RU friends were? I bet there are also some people in California who think he left his best friends when he left home to attend Rutgers. And maybe he has other priorities and values in life that might be as important to him or more important to him than playing basketball at Rutgers for additional years...

He was 2800 miles away from home for the 4 years that he was here, and a good portion of the last 2 years that he was here was unusually difficult for student athletes because of Covid risks to themselves and others and because of Covid restrictions and requirements, making college life less enjoyable, and at times preventing recreational travel to see family or friends and preventing many normal recreational activities and socializing... I'd guess that a situation like that might make someone more homesick or lead to increased stress for various reasons.

Maybe you have inside information that the rest of us don't have, or maybe you were hurt by him personally in some way, but holding that much of a grudge against the guy seems like overkill to people like me who don't harbor any animosity toward him. And I may very well be an idiot, but if I am, the reasons have nothing to do with Myles or what teams I root for.
I think you nailed it

California is not slipping badly. Far from it. Don't swallow the propaganda. People always bet against and hate on California. I get it, but the bets are always losers.

California has problems, including some really big issues related to drought, natural disasters, housing prices, taxes, homelessness, etc. California still attracts the best and brightest. Things will change, but right now, Silicon Valley (and Seattle) are home to the largest, most dynamic companies in the world - Microsoft, Alphabet, Meta, Apple, Amazon, Nvdia. Yes, Telsa moved their HQ to Texas, but still have major operations here (plus, they sell most of their cars to Californians).
Did you see the links I posted later in the thread. Terrible business environment.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT