ADVERTISEMENT

NC State -LIpscomb game

BigEastPhil

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2007
Man this is a heckuva game. Teams running up and down the court like an old ABA game and guys hitting 3s left and right. Lipscomb has a kid name garrison Matthews who is like fletcher McGee on steroids. Will be shocked if winner doesn’t end up with 100 points. Matthews has 37 points with about 8 minutes remaining. And adding to the drama is one of the refs is Teddy valentine.

Man this is a heckuva game. Teams running up and down the court like an old ABA game and guys hitting 3s left and right. Lipscomb has a kid name garrison Matthews who is like fletcher McGee on steroids. Will be shocked if winner doesn’t end up with 100 points. Matthews has 37 points with about 8 minutes remaining. And adding to the drama is one of the refs is Teddy valentine.

What an ending. Nice comeback Lipscomb.

It was nice to see the kid pull up for a short jumper to score the winning basket instead of barreling to the rim. He made the three on the previous trip too. Lipscomb is a fun team to watch.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
I think he had 43 which was 2 points shy of his record.

Bad news for Lipscomb is these kind of wins hasten the coach’s departure for greener pastures.

I'm going to the NIT Semis on Tuesday and for name recognition purposes would have preferred NC State to play but watching Lipscomb is a fun; emergetic squad with a 3 point killer named Garrison Matthews. I looked at who Lipscomb played this year and they beat TCU at TCU and I believe they defeated Belmont so they're a decent squad. I believe they won all 3 of their NIT games on the road - and all in NC - beating Davidson; UNCG and NC State. So NIT Semis will be Lipscomb vs Wichita State and a Big 12 matchup in Texas vs TCU. Good coaches will be present: Gregg Marshall; Shaka Smart and Jamie Dixon.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT