ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Sweet 16 Friday Night Games Discussion Thread

Kind of interesting -- no schools without major football in elite 8 unless you count Uconn-- do they play D 1 football?? Actually Uconn is forced into the Bigeast. If a real league comes along they'd bail on the Bigeast in a second.

UConn played NC State, Duke, and Tennessee on the gridiron last season.
I know that's why they'd bail out on the Bigeast in a second if a real league came along that wanted them. They are in the Bigeast by default.

will be interesting to see a lot of these teams multiple times at the Vegas tournament next season..

Well my predictions for the 2 remaining Big Ten teams -
that I made after their games at Rutgers were correct:
1. Illinois is an elite 8 team
2. Difference w this year’s Purdue team is the improvement of (#3) Smith

Reactions: bethlehemfan
I know that's why they'd bail out on the Bigeast in a second if a real league came along that wanted them. They are in the Bigeast by default.

They may get their chance if either the SEC or the B1G or both raid the ACC. If Clemson and FSU go to the SEC and UNC and UVa go to the B1G, there will be a lot of room for UConn in the ACC and I don't think that BC would be able to block them any longer.

I sure hope that Illinois knocks UConn out of the tournament today.

I am happy to see two Big East teams go down after Hurley was crowing about BE being dissed and more teams should have gotten in. Creighton beat No. 14 and Akron and No. 11 Oregon. Marquette beat No. 15 W Kentucky and No. 10 Colorado. No shame in Creighton losing to Tenn but neither team beat anyone near the Top 25. SH in Final Four NIT but doubt they have even played a Top 50 team. UConn obviously the real deal but BE suspect after them.

Didn’t like purdues chances cause of the back court. They get by Tennessee I may need to eat a major helping of crow lol.

Didn’t like purdues chances cause of the back court. They get by Tennessee I may need to eat a major helping of crow lol.
CBS wants a Purdue versus UConn matchup with the two seven foot centers and the complementary 3 point shooters.High ratings are guaranteed.

Reactions: bethlehemfan
I had a terrific bracket going until yesterday’s disaster. Got all four Friday games wrong
I have Purdue and IL in the Final Four, otherwise my bracket is completely busted already.

Had Houston and Arizona in the final with Houston winning it all. Oh well.

(Next year I’ll have Rutgers winning it all 😉)

Purdue is so different this year. Edey is still the biggest single force in college basketball, Smith got better, and they are the number one 3pt shooting team in college. They will determine how far they go not other teams. If they miss a bunch of threes you have a chance of not good luck. Those predicting another early departure and saying same old Purdue aren’t paying attention and I sure there are many that had Zaga over them.

I am happy to see two Big East teams go down after Hurley was crowing about BE being dissed and more teams should have gotten in. Creighton beat No. 14 and Akron and No. 11 Oregon. Marquette beat No. 15 W Kentucky and No. 10 Colorado. No shame in Creighton losing to Tenn but neither team beat anyone near the Top 25. SH in Final Four NIT but doubt they have even played a Top 50 team. UConn obviously the real deal but BE suspect after them.
If Illinois beats Uconn today it has been an awful tournament for the Big East.

If Illinois beats Uconn today it has been an awful tournament for the Big East.
R.244f5f5548e3389a41a2a741024f5615

3) getting Lance Jones, so Morton can have his rightful place on the bench

If I am not mistaken Illinois is highest seed UCONN has played in last two years. Miami was like at least an 8 seed last year. Sorry miami was a number 5 seed.

Reactions: JavaDunk18
UConned vs Illi Guards will be close, Shannon needs to stay out of foul trouble. Clingan going to be the challenge for Illini.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT