ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Tournament: Rutgers Women's Soccer at Columbia

Status
Not open for further replies.
0-0 how many games is Rutgers sports going to play and not score!!
Same team can’t complete any passes so you can’t score giveaways in our own zone

Reactions: RUJMM78
Don’t really know soccer rules but I can’t figure out why that was a foul on the RU player . Seems like the Columbia player ran in front of the ru player and then just fell down

The irony is that this is the best I've seen the Midfield play all season yet they still lost because we can't stop passing the ball to the other team. We are up one nothing and some of our players are still trying to connect chips and floating passes instead of holding the ball. The soccer IQ of this team is just not good. Would Hobbs ever have the guts to fire Mike o'neill? Probably not but damn does he do little with the talent that He has

Absolute ****ing disaster. No other way to put it. Anyone making up excuses for this one should have their head examined.

Last edited:
Reactions: biazza38
Not a great tourney so far for the B1G. Never deserved 9 teams

It’s November and it looks like our university’s overall national athletic ranking for the year will be poor again

Reactions: Henry Rutgers
Bowl game will help. Wrestling and both lacrosse might surprise. Maybe baseball or crew. Not sure about any other sport.

Can’t be much worse than last year.

The irony is that this is the best I've seen the Midfield play all season yet they still lost because we can't stop passing the ball to the other team. We are up one nothing and some of our players are still trying to connect chips and floating passes instead of holding the ball. The soccer IQ of this team is just not good. Would Hobbs ever have the guts to fire Mike o'neill? Probably not but damn does he do little with the talent that He has
Individuals made the same errors that they had made all year. Russamano went back to trying to dribble through two defenders & losing the ball, Daigle continued to be a one trick pony turning only to her left & into defenders, Tiernan continued to dribble across outside the box looking for a shot only to force one off. No corrections.
Columbia CB Courtney Ruedt was first team All Ivy this year. She was a frosh at RU with Kassidy Banks. Though she got almost no time, from what I saw of her in pre-season I thought that she was better than Kassidy & she was. And I posted my opinion. Kassidy has improved exponentially over the succeeding 2 yrs. But after their frosh years Courtney transferred to Columbia.

Reactions: SirScarlet
Individuals made the same errors that they had made all year. Russamano went back to trying to dribble through two defenders & losing the ball, Daigle continued to be a one trick pony turning only to her left & into defenders, Tiernan continued to dribble across outside the box looking for a shot only to force one off. No corrections.
Columbia CB Courtney Ruedt was first team All Ivy this year. She was a frosh at RU with Kassidy Banks. Though she got almost no time, from what I saw of her in pre-season I thought that she was better than Kassidy & she was. And I posted my opinion. Kassidy has improved exponentially over the succeeding 2 yrs. But after their frosh years Courtney transferred to Columbia.
Is the problem recruiting or coaching or both? Seems like we took a step back when the one coach went to Maryland.

This team is mediocre. When you have no margin for error and the result can go either way you are precisely that.

The mentality that we can consistently win 1-0 games is pathetic. What makes this even worse if that two years in a row your season has ended at the hands of an Ivy League opponent. For Rutgers, this is wildly unacceptable. This team has no identity. These results are not aberrations. They have now become expected.

I’ve been around this program for 20 plus years. I can say this the utmost confidence. MON needs to be relieved of his duties. The program has peaked and we’ve now reached the point that change is necessary.

This team is mediocre. When you have no margin for error and the result can go either way you are precisely that.

The mentality that we can consistently win 1-0 games is pathetic. What makes this even worse if that two years in a row your season has ended at the hands of an Ivy League opponent. For Rutgers, this is wildly unacceptable. This team has no identity. These results are not aberrations. They have now become expected.

I’ve been around this program for 20 plus years. I can say this the utmost confidence. MON needs to be relieved of his duties. The program has peaked and we’ve now reached the point that change is necessary.
Agree with you 100%

Well that’s not gonna happen

Hobbs needs to organize a coaches retreat. And explain to them it is okay to score points. This seems to be a systemic problem with philosophy across our brand.

Anyone thinking MON is "untouchable," so-to-speak, is out of their freakin' mind. I know for a FACT that there is outside pressure on Hobbs re: a coach at RU, already, whom nobody ever would've expected there to be as such just a year or so ago. Now...that doesn't mean I think he should be fired, or he will be fired, BUT SOMETHING has to change. Losing yesterday - and so many other times - LATE, like that, has got to stop. PERIOD. There were major issues on the pitch this year, MAJOR ONES, that don't just involved "talent." Let's be honest (as many have been, don't get me wrong).

Looking at next year, the roster currently — prior to any portal transfers (in or out) — looks like this:

GK - Olivia Bodmer is a lock to start

Back:

Emily Mason and Kassidy Banks are locks to start at CB.

Emma Misal could take a COVID super senior year, but Allison Lynch is done. Assuming Misal stays, she would presumably have the inside track to start at LOB, leaving ROB vacant.

Returning are Naila Schoefberger and Audrey Cain as young players who have experience and would vie for this ROB spot. Olivia Russomanno is also back and could stay at OB or return to her natural attacking mid/F spot.

Midfield:

Sara Brocious, Becci Fluchel, Sam Kroeger, and Giana Romano could all return as COVID super seniors, and Kylie Daigle will be a true senior. Allie Post will be a junior. That’s six veteran players at midfield, but this position needs some new blood. I hear there are some good freshmen coming in, but I wonder if Mike will have “the talk” with some of these players.

Forward:

Riley Tiernan and Ashley Baran are locks to start.

Allison Lowrey could return as a COVID super senior. Gia Girman will be a senior. And As noted, Russomanno could be moved back up front.

I’m not familiar with the quality of any of the current freshmen who will be sophomores next and who didn’t play this year, nor am I familiar with the incoming freshmen. One has to hope there are some future stars to mix in with what appears to be a team that could be laden with veterans.

By my count, the only regular players who are out of eligibility are ROB Lynch and F Gia Vicari. Everyone else can theoretically return.

Looking at next year, the roster currently — prior to any portal transfers (in or out) — looks like this:

Back:

Emma Misal could take a COVID super senior year, but Allison Lynch is done. Assuming Misal stays, she would presumably have the inside track to start at LOB, leaving ROB vacant.

Returning are Naila Schoefberger and Audrey Cain as young players who have experience and would vie for this ROB spot. Olivia Russomanno is also back and could stay at OB or return to her natural attacking mid/F spot.

Midfield:

Sara Brocious, Becci Fluchel, Sam Kroeger, and Giana Romano could all return as COVID super seniors, and Kylie Daigle will be a true senior. Allie Post will be a junior. That’s six veteran players at midfield, but this position needs some new blood. I hear there are some good freshmen coming in, but I wonder if Mike will have “the talk” with some of these players.

Forward:

Allison Lowrey could return as a COVID super senior. Gia Girman will be a senior. And As noted, Russomanno could be moved back up front.

I’m not familiar with the quality of any of the current freshmen who will be sophomores next and who didn’t play this year, nor am I familiar with the incoming freshmen. One has to hope there are some future stars to mix in with what appears to be a team that could be laden with veterans.

By my count, the only regular players who are out of eligibility are ROB Lynch and F Gia Vicari. Everyone else can theoretically return.
I think the girl from Westfield who tore her ACL was supposed to be very very good

Back:

Midfield:

Forward:

Sara Brocious is in the portal. She is gone. She tried to leave the last off season but Mike talked her into staying. Sam Kroeger is leaving for professional soccer. She is gone. Lowrey, Fluchel, Misal & Romano may all return but any of those four would find plenty of offers in the transfer market. Lowrey & Fluchel could probably get a free master’s degrees elsewhere land starting roles in the ACC or SEC IMO. Misal & Romano probably could get darn good offers.

Last 25 games 10W-11L-4T(Two ousters by Ivy’s in the NCAA’s) Just totally mediocre.

Why would they stay? Yes you still have B10 stars Mason & Tierenan but they can’t do it all themselves. The disasterous recruiting classes in 22, 23 & 24(on paper) will haunt this program until MON’s ouster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT