ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Tournament: Rutgers Women's Soccer at Columbia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Individuals made the same errors that they had made all year. Russamano went back to trying to dribble through two defenders & losing the ball, Daigle continued to be a one trick pony turning only to her left & into defenders, Tiernan continued to dribble across outside the box looking for a shot only to force one off. No corrections.
Columbia CB Courtney Ruedt was first team All Ivy this year. She was a frosh at RU with Kassidy Banks. Though she got almost no time, from what I saw of her in pre-season I thought that she was better than Kassidy & she was. And I posted my opinion. Kassidy has improved exponentially over the succeeding 2 yrs. But after their frosh years Courtney transferred to Columbia.
Courtney Ruedt & MON back story is legendary and so creepy. She was committed to Columbia very early like sophomore year. Then as MON coached her at PDA he became enamored with her size/speed and beep test prowess. She was the best at beep tests - that’s what he loves. He told people inside and outside the program she would be a game changer. Mike’s outside personal training group made crazy statements like she is a better athlete than Lynch or Mason? It was a clown show but that’s how he justified STEALING a committed player to a coaching staff & an elite academic school like Columbia that he had a close relationship to. He “groomed” her for stardom and created the decomittment . He convinced her to flip to RU. She gets there and starts first game of the ‘21 final four season over national HS player of the year Mason??? But then does about face and never plays her again. She then transferred to Columbia for ‘22 - her original commit program and yesterday was her, FU to MON. There a million stories like this.

Courtney Ruedt & MON back story is legendary and so creepy. She was committed to Columbia very early like sophomore year. Then as MON coached her at PDA he became enamored with her size/speed and beep test prowess. She was the best at beep tests - that’s what he loves. He told people inside and outside the program she would be a game changer. Mike’s outside personal training group made crazy statements like she is a better athlete than Lynch or Mason? It was a clown show but that’s how he justified STEALING a committed player to a coaching staff & an elite academic school like Columbia that he had a close relationship to. He “groomed” her for stardom and created the decomittment . He convinced her to flip to RU. She gets there and starts first game of the ‘21 final four season over national HS player of the year Mason??? But then does about face and never plays her again. She then transferred to Columbia for ‘22 - her original commit program and yesterday was her, FU to MON. There a million stories like this.
Kassidy really struggled in her frosh year. Never understood why Courtney didn't get a legit shot. Very interesting back story, but still doesn't explain Courtney being put on the shelf.

Reactions: Freddy Stubbs
I remember my daughter running those BEEP tests when she played for PDA. Must have been mandatory for all teams. They are a great test of stamina but not much in terms of actual soccer skills. Wonder if that is part of the problem - as you can see our skill level in terms of passing and overall soccer IQ is not great.

Not sure what you are implying, but have been through the recruiting process with 2 kids (and seen a dozen others go through it also). Recruiting a committed player is not illegal or immoral, coaches do it all the time. They also tell you exactly what you want to hear, not necessarily the truth. I can tell you a 100 stories of coaches telling you one thing just to do the exacty opposite when the kids get there. College sports is a business and not for the faint of heart. I am not excusing it, it is what it is. If you think he is getting the boot 2 years after making it to the college cup, you are crazy.

Reactions: Luvscarletknights
Not sure what you are implying, but have been through the recruiting process with 2 kids (and seen a dozen others go through it also). Recruiting a committed player is not illegal or immoral, coaches do it all the time. They also tell you exactly what you want to hear, not necessarily the truth. I can tell you a 100 stories of coaches telling you one thing just to do the exacty opposite when the kids get there. College sports is a business and not for the faint of heart. I am not excusing it, it is what it is. If you think he is getting the boot 2 years after making it to the college cup, you are crazy.
I don't think 130 was implying anything, simply giving what he understood to be the back story.
True coaches poach committed recruits but that doesn't explain, if what 130 says is true & what I saw for myself, why Courtney sat on the bench while the girl playing ahead of her struggled so badly. Makes it even weirder.

I don't think 130 was implying anything, simply giving what he understood to be the back story.
True coaches poach committed recruits but that doesn't explain, if what 130 says is true & what I saw for myself, why Courtney sat on the bench while the girl playing ahead of her struggled so badly. Makes it even weirder.
The creepy and “grooming” comments are what I was talking about.

My understanding is she left because she didn’t like the players on the team.

It’s not common in women’s soccer. Most coaches respect it

It's so easy to tell who actually KNOWS the sport itself, understands the makeup of the roster, can provide detail about coaching strategies, etc., and those who go to games just so they can get their picture taken with the team while at a practice. The silence is deafening.

Love some of the input in this thread over the past week. Thanks to all who have done so!

I went with my daughter to watch 2024 PDA game this am. She’s pretty critical but said 2 of 3 RU commits were “legit”. So that’s good news

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
I went with my daughter to watch 2024 PDA game this am. She’s pretty critical but said 2 of 3 RU commits were “legit”. So that’s good news
Is this the daughter who never heard a word about playing for RU from MON or the staff? Has that changed?

Also, someone asked earlier where the PDA Blue girls were going. I got a coaches flyer at the game. 2024 PDA Blue commit list
Goalies:
Albany
Georgetown

Field players:
2 to UVA
BU
4 to Rutgers
2 to South Carolina
Yale
West Point
Loyola
Elon
Lasalle
Cornell
2 to Seton Hall
Xavier
Kent State

Also, someone asked earlier where the PDA Blue girls were going. I got a coaches flyer at the game. 2024 PDA Blue commit list
Goalies:
Albany
Georgetown

Field players:
2 to UVA
BU
4 to Rutgers
2 to South Carolina
Yale
West Point
Loyola
Elon
Lasalle
Cornell
2 to Seton Hall
Xavier
Kent State
Can you say who the 4 RU girls are?

It's so easy to tell who actually KNOWS the sport itself, understands the makeup of the roster, can provide detail about coaching strategies, etc., and those who go to games just so they can get their picture taken with the team while at a practice. The silence is deafening.

Love some of the input in this thread over the past week. Thanks to all who have done so!
Loose lips sink ships. Thanks for your daily love of me. You can't keep me out of your head. You're obsessed. Here's a kiss for you to make you feel good 😘

I'll go back to my silence. It's not in my interest to post here when people continue to shit on the program.

Loose lips sink ships. Thanks for your daily love of me. You can't keep me out of your head. You're obsessed. Here's a kiss for you to make you feel good 😘

I'll go back to my silence. It's not in my interest to post here when people continue to shit on the program.
lol...yeah, I'm the "obsessed" one, "FANBOY!"

• Angry
lol...yeah, I'm the "obsessed" one, "FANBOY!"
I support all Rutgers programs home and away. I enjoy going to the games. You'd rather sit on your phone and complain all the time than actually go to the games. Personal choice. I like to live my life happy, you like to live it negative. It is what it is.

Reactions: StarvinMarvin23
I support all Rutgers programs home and away. I enjoy going to the games. You'd rather sit on your phone and complain all the time than actually go to the games. Personal choice. I like to live my life happy, you like to live it negative. It is what it is.
I'm not negative at all....I talk in REALITY....you're just an ass-kissing FANBOY so that you can get your picture taken with a group of college girls. BTW, have your READ these boards lately? I'm one of THE most positive people around here so get a clue my friend.

Also, I've likely gone to 10x the # of Rutgers Athletic events in my lifetime, than you, so zip it and know your lane, "fanboy."

BTW- I admire your passion, I really do, BUT you have ZERO objectivity because of it. Especially with the Women's Soccer team and Field Hockey. Pull the reigns back a tad, maybe, and people MIGHT listen to you a little.

Last edited:
  • Haha
I'm not negative at all....I talk in REALITY....you're just an ass-kissing FANBOY so that you can get your picture taken with a group of college girls. BTW, have your READ these boards lately? I'm one of THE most positive people around here so get a clue my friend.

Also, I've likely gone to 10x the # of Rutgers Athletic events in my lifetime, than you, so zip it and know your lane, "fanboy."
When you have to resort to calling people a fanboy it's highly likely you're the problem. I have never once called you a name. I've always taken the high road in dealing with you. Yet you insist on calling me fanboy every chance you get.

Thanks again for your concern, and keep enjoying the pics of me you have hanging in your apartment.

When you have to resort to calling people a fanboy it's highly likely you're the problem. I have never once called you a name. I've always taken the high road in dealing with you. Yet you insist on calling me fanboy every chance you get.

Thanks again for your concern, and keep enjoying the pics of me you have hanging in your apartment.
I stopped right here....just a few months back you said, and I quote "You and your Proudboy buddies...." TO ME, in a thread about Gavin Wimsatt (whom I am a fan of and was supporting in the thread) on the Round Table. So you might want to STFU now, okay?

I stopped right here....just a few months back you said, and I quote "You and your Proudboy buddies...." TO ME, in a thread about Gavin Wimsatt (whom I am a fan of and was supporting in the thread) on the Round Table. So you might want to STFU now, okay?
That's fine then keep my name out of your mouth. No reason to bring me up. I'll go back to my silence.

Looking at next year, the roster currently — prior to any portal transfers (in or out) — looks like this:

GK - Olivia Bodmer is a lock to start

Back:

Emily Mason and Kassidy Banks are locks to start at CB.

Emma Misal could take a COVID super senior year, but Allison Lynch is done. Assuming Misal stays, she would presumably have the inside track to start at LOB, leaving ROB vacant.

Returning are Naila Schoefberger and Audrey Cain as young players who have experience and would vie for this ROB spot. Olivia Russomanno is also back and could stay at OB or return to her natural attacking mid/F spot.

Midfield:

Sara Brocious, Becci Fluchel, Sam Kroeger, and Giana Romano could all return as COVID super seniors, and Kylie Daigle will be a true senior. Allie Post will be a junior. That’s six veteran players at midfield, but this position needs some new blood. I hear there are some good freshmen coming in, but I wonder if Mike will have “the talk” with some of these players.

Forward:

Riley Tiernan and Ashley Baran are locks to start.

Allison Lowrey could return as a COVID super senior. Gia Girman will be a senior. And As noted, Russomanno could be moved back up front.

I’m not familiar with the quality of any of the current freshmen who will be sophomores next and who didn’t play this year, nor am I familiar with the incoming freshmen. One has to hope there are some future stars to mix in with what appears to be a team that could be laden with veterans.

By my count, the only regular players who are out of eligibility are ROB Lynch and F Gia Vicari. Everyone else can theoretically return.
Sarah Brocious is gone and in the transfer portal. Naila Schoefberger is gone and in the transfer portal. Sam Kroeger is apparently moving ahead with plans to play professional soccer next season.

Sarah Brocious is gone and in the transfer portal. Naila Schoefberger is gone and in the transfer portal. Sam Kroeger is apparently moving ahead with plans to play professional soccer next season.
Naila not a big loss Sarah yes although I don't think she was herself in the second half of the season and to me losing Sam is big but not unexpected
We really need a finisher bad but if we play that stupid defensive style its not going to matter anyway

Naila not a big loss Sarah yes although I don't think she was herself in the second half of the season and to me losing Sam is big but not unexpected
We really need a finisher bad but if we play that stupid defensive style its not going to matter anyway
RU needs some burners on the field. Will be interesting to see if Gia can step up - she has speed but not elite skill. I do think RU has some finishers that simply haven’t produced for one reason or another.

And they should do the same for me. I'm plenty civil with most Rutgers fans and they appreciate my support without calling me "fanboy" etc.
YOU CALLED ME - WHILE I WAS SUPPORTING GW IN A THREAD WHICH YOU WERE CALLING OTHERS "RACIST" BECAUSE THEY PREFERRED EVAN SIMON - A "MEMBER OF THE PROUD BOYS." Me, someone who was a registered Democrat - voting for Clinton, Kerry, and Even O first term - until about 10 years ago, who is a full-blown "independent" centrist these days. You have major issues dude.

So, yeah, I'll call you "fanboy" - which is EXACTLY what you are - as long as I'd like. ****ing creeper.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rutgers56
YOU CALLED ME - WHILE I WAS SUPPORTING GW IN A THREAD WHICH YOU WERE CALLING OTHERS "RACIST" BECAUSE THEY PREFERRED EVAN SIMON - A "MEMBER OF THE PROUD BOYS." Me, someone who was a registered Democrat - voting for Clinton, Kerry, and Even O first term - until about 10 years ago, who is a full-blown "independent" centrist these days. You have major issues dude.

So, yeah, I'll call you "fanboy" - which is EXACTLY what you are - as long as I'd like. ****ing creeper.
Says the guy that hangs out in Hoboken bars with people young enough to be his children.... don't throw stones if you live in a glass house!

By your logic I should stop supporting women's soccer even though MON and staff have been better to me than any other staff at Rutgers, and have been for the last dozen years or so. I really don't get why you are the way you are.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT