ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Tournament Starting XI: No. 24 Rutgers Women's Soccer Lost vs. Brown Saturday

Man … football stunk today, BB stunk today (vs bad team even they won), and WSoccer tanked the end of the season.

WSoccer took a step down.
Football stayed the same.
FH took a step down.

Almost seems like Soccer losing tomorrow is a lock. And then the RU screw on the selection process.

Did I expect RU to go far in the NCAA? Of course not. But losing 4 games to end the season including a first round NCAA loss at home … not expected for WSoccer.

Stunk all around. Team regressed. Once again McClelland completely misplayed a winning goal. Lets hear it again from her apologists. As we used to say in Brooklyn "wait till next year".

The better team won today. Every time I watched our girls this year they just never seemed connected.

For all of the talent we seem to have, they just never put it together as a team. Passing was atrocious today. We couldn't sustain any type of attack mostly because of terrible touches and passes.

Brown had the two best players on the field today, but that goal they scored was just too easy.

Going to be a long offseason for them.

Seems to me that the brains behind RU women's soccer is currently coaching down at Maryland.
I was wondering about this as well although we had some season where we did not seem to meet expectations while she was here as well. He effectively replaced here with the older Tiernan?

Been thinking about this club. We were a very, very good team for most of the year with very, very good soccer players. Down the stretch we were dealing with some injuries which didn't help & we began to lose close games & didn't look particularly good doing it. By last night we looked like we had never played the game before or certainly never played with each other before. Why? This team lost it's CONFIDENCE. A psychological state that is very difficult to be regained. Can't ipso presto coach a team back. See what happens next year.

Agree with dad, team was playing scared. Remember this team is very young and did not have 3 super seniors to settle everything down. My question is GK. I have never been a big fan, but who do we have for next year that couldn’t get a sniff this year?

Agree with dad, team was playing scared. Remember this team is very young and did not have 3 super seniors to settle everything down. My question is GK. I have never been a big fan, but who do we have for next year that couldn’t get a sniff this year?
I would bet on Olivia Bodnar[sp] a soph next year in net.
Ironically, a girl, Kassidy Banks, who struggled for the most part of last & this year played her best soccer down the stretch--was very good.

Reactions: mighty_knights
Watching the second half you could feel the Brown goal coming. Never created a sustained attack 2nd half. Don’t know who missed the net with about 30 seconds left but will probably remember that for a while. Never put pressure on them until we got desperate.

Watching the second half you could feel the Brown goal coming. Never created a sustained attack 2nd half. Don’t know who missed the net with about 30 seconds left but will probably remember that for a while. Never put pressure on them until we got desperate.
Our offense was terrible the last 6-7 games; unless we get a scorer in the transfer portal we are not going to be much better; Riley regressed this year as she had no real threat up front with her
This is also on O'Neill as he did not recruit or get anyone in the transfer portal so much of this is on him; I know most of the girls are coming back but we have to get that scorer

Reactions: RU MAN
Really? Maybe Ali, Gabby and Frankie made a little bit of a difference.
Too much talent on the roster to lose in the first round, at home, again. Especially not scoring a single goal. The coaching staff needs to take a serious look at how they approach game day IMHO.

Now, that being said, we are fairly loaded for the next couple of years I do believe.

Agree about leadership DC, especially regarding Gabby Provenzano.
She was The Leader. Have seen her get the girls around her & tell them where the bear sh#t in the woods. They followed her & responded to her not just because she could tell them, but also because she could do it. Excellent soccer player, fierce competitor, smart & tough as nails.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT