ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Tournament Thread

Damn shame Glasgow did not work out. To think he beat Griffith, wrestling partner with Lewis also seems to have beaten some other kids that All American.

What a waste of talent. It has to be eating him up alive for sure seeing Griffith, Lewis, and a host of others doing so well. I really thought that Glasgow would be a top-tier guy at college.

Super happy to see Poz our true freshman doing some work. He is the face of Rutgers all around.
yeah. a real shame...i hope the kid gets his degree, and stays on the straight, and narrow....plus his injury was nagging, and must have frustrated him also.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong but were the first 9 champs tonight all first time winners?

Printed on 03/20/2021 09:28 p.m.

Team Scores
Iowa​
129.0​
Penn State​
113.5​
Oklahoma State​
99.5​
Arizona State​
74.0​
Michigan​
69.0​
NC State​
68.0​
Minnesota​
64.0​
Missouri​
64.0​
Ohio State​
46.5​
Northwestern​
45.0​
Pittsburgh​
40.5​
Nebraska​
38.0​
Iowa State​
37.5​
Rutgers​
37.5​
Virginia Tech​
36.5​
North Carolina​
36.0​
Stanford​
35.5​
Illinois​
25.0​
Northern Iowa​
24.5​
Rider​
22.0​
Utah Valley​
21.5​
Central Michigan​
20.0​
Wisconsin​
18.5​
Oklahoma​
17.0​
Cal Poly​
16.5​
Purdue​
15.5​
South Dakota State​
15.5​
Wyoming​
15.5​
Northern Illinois​
13.5​
Michigan State​
13.0​
Lehigh​
11.5​
Virginia​
11.5​
West Virginia​
11.5​
Bucknell​
11.0​
Fresno State​
10.5​
North Dakota State​
10.5​
Navy​
7.5​
Appalachian State​
6.5​
Binghamton​
6.5​
Campbell​
6.5​
Air Force​
6.0​
Army West Point​
6.0​
Csu Bakersfield​
6.0​
Hofstra​
5.5​
Kent State​
5.5​
Indiana​
5.0​
Oregon State​
5.0​
Drexel​
3.5​
Duke​
3.5​
Northern Colorado​
3.5​
Clarion​
1.5​
Cleveland State​
1.5​
Gardner-Webb​
1.5​
Bloomsburg​
1.0​
Buffalo​
1.0​
Chattanooga​
1.0​
Ohio​
1.0​
Edinboro​
0.5​
Little Rock​
0.5​
American​
0.0​
Sacred Heart​
0.0​
SIU Edwardsville​
0.0​
The Citadel​
0.0​

Try reading ...Metzler stinks ...Seabass is crap , disinterested and a bad leader ...it’s not just MVB that you guys rip from your fat ass seats ...I get opinions are different but for Gods sake now the guy you begged to come here getting ripped because he is bummed about not winning the whole thing and according to you guys is now a bad leader etc...you morons who probably are just a bunch of fat wannabes who don’t have a clue what that kid was feeling ..i guarantee most of you never wrestled a day or even played sports but sure rip the kids who do at the highest level there is ..like I said before ..you all are bunch of train jumpers who jump off at the slightest mistake ...you don't like what I have to say about it ..that’s just too bad ..
"Seabass is crap" I must have missed that one. And I'm not part of "you guys". I've never made such a comment about any wrestler.
"i guarantee most of you never wrestled a day or even played sports " Wrong again. What's your guarantee worth?

I Rewatched the Seabass vs N Lee match at nationals... first, why did Seabass choose to cut Lee at the start of the second period instead of attempting to ride him at all??? He rode out Lee the end of the first period, which was huge, and already had 18s of riding time..

Also, couldn’t see when Seabass got the first stall warning... somehow Lee was just awarded a point for a stall call... and if he did get stalled from neutral(at some point which no one saw apparently).. why did Seabass choose to cut Lee(instead of trying to ride at all) and go to neutral right away..

I just remember feeling really good after the first period then being stunned and confused.. in a tight match it’s better to try and ride instead of cutting no? And the phantom stall call..

Reactions: LETSGORU91
I Rewatched the Seabass vs N Lee match at nationals... first, why did Seabass choose to cut Lee at the start of the second period instead of attempting to ride him at all??? He rode out Lee the end of the first period, which was huge, and already had 18s of riding time..

Also, couldn’t see when Seabass got the first stall warning... somehow Lee was just awarded a point for a stall call... and if he did get stalled from neutral(at some point which no one saw apparently).. why did Seabass choose to cut Lee(instead of trying to ride at all) and go to neutral right away..

I just remember feeling really good after the first period then being stunned and confused.. in a tight match it’s better to try and ride instead of cutting no? And the phantom stall call..

Sebastian held onto the leg for 5 seconds, hence the first stall.

but do they take Grad students?
No...I didn't realize Shane is scheduled to graduate this year. You can't compete in Athletics at an Ivy league school as a Grad student so it looks like Penn, Princeton and Cornell are out. How about Griffith? He's able to graduate from Stanford in 3 years and on the side Win an NCAA Wrestling Title!

Reactions: koleszar
How big of a joke did it turn out for EIWA? They had 49 Qualifiers and finished with 2 AA
6th place
8th place

Compare that to the ACC who only had 33 Qualifiers
6th
3rd
4th
8th
Champ
5th
2nd
7th
2nd

or to Rutgers 5 Qualifiers..3 AA
4th
4th
8th

The NCAA wrestling committee should be ashamed for not calculating EIWA Qualifiers without the Ivy League

Last edited:
No...I didn't realize Shane is scheduled to graduate this year. You can't compete in Athletics at an Ivy league school as a Grad student so it looks like Penn, Princeton and Cornell are out. How about Griffith? He's able to graduate from Stanford in 3 years and on the side Win an NCAA Wrestling Title!
You had me going bonkers. 🤣 I thought I had it right as I knew Griffith was graduating from Stanford. But you made such a compelling argument with facts to back it up. I thought, well I guess my reading comprehension is going or remembered what I read wrong.

So now it's down to Michigan or Rutgers. I don't believe Michigan has a better Graduate Program than Rutgers. Undergrad yes but Rutgers Graduate programs are held in high esteem. Workout partners he's got two All-Americans for the next three years to work with. Michigan, Amine's already a graduate student, Massa a 5th yr. senior. Their match atmosphere is nonexistent maybe 200 fans. Only thing I don't know is their resident athletes, have to imagine they beat ours by a lot. In conclusion, I like our chances.

Reactions: LetsGoRUwrestling
You had me going bonkers. 🤣 I thought I had it right as I knew Griffith was graduating from Stanford. But you made such a compelling argument with facts to back it up. I thought, well I guess my reading comprehension is going or remembered what I read wrong.

So now it's down to Michigan or Rutgers. I don't believe Michigan has a better Graduate Program than Rutgers. Undergrad yes but Rutgers Graduate programs are held in high esteem. Workout partners he's got two All-Americans for the next three years to work with. Amine's already a graduate student, Massa a 5th yr. senior. Their match atmosphere is nonexistent maybe 200 fans. Only thing I don't know is their resident athletes have to imagine they beat ours. In conclusion, I like our chances.
Sorry about that Koleszar...I should have done more homework

Reactions: koleszar

So now it's down to Michigan or Rutgers. I don't believe Michigan has a better Graduate Program than Rutgers. Undergrad yes but Rutgers Graduate programs are held in high esteem. Workout partners he's got two All-Americans for the next three years to work with. Michigan, Amine's already a graduate student, Massa a 5th yr. senior. Their match atmosphere is nonexistent maybe 200 fans. Only thing I don't know is their resident athletes, have to imagine they beat ours by a lot. In conclusion, I like our chances.
Michigan's MBA program is on a par with ours, but if your goal is to work on Wall Street or in the Northeast, Rutgers is the clear choice. I think we ask our new University President to meet with the Griffiths and explain how a Rutgers MBA, and their network can help Shane accomplish anything he wants. After all, he was a former Stanford Scholar Athlete. IMO

I'm reading that PSU and Ohio State are in the running too. Though there are some blue chip recruits at his weight (Facundo) coming up so that could be a longshot.

With regards to scholarships, doesn't every school have the same limited allotment for wrestling? If so, how does PSU get so many hammers? Is that where additional funding comes into play?

I'm reading that PSU and Ohio State are in the running too. Though there are some blue chip recruits at his weight (Facundo) coming up so that could be a longshot.

With regards to scholarships, doesn't every school have the same limited allotment for wrestling? If so, how does PSU get so many hammers? Is that where additional funding comes into play?
No you can’t pay athletes in any facet outside of the allotment, unless they earn a legitimate academic or other athletic scholarship. For example, I would assume Kyonte will be wrestling for us but his full scholarship is through football so he won’t count against the 9.9 number.

I would guess that Penn State offers close to full rides to the Halls, Nickals, and Rethefords of the world and then rely on their brand to fill out the rest of the lineup for less money.

Reactions: njsportsphan
No you can’t pay athletes in any facet outside of the allotment, unless they earn a legitimate academic or other athletic scholarship. For example, I would assume Kyonte will be wrestling for us but his full scholarship is through football so he won’t count against the 9.9 number.

I would guess that Penn State offers close to full rides to the Halls, Nickals, and Rethefords of the world and then rely on their brand to fill out the rest of the lineup for less money.
they also pay them as counselors during their off-season camps. It's not tax-free as scholarship money is, but it's another way to compensate them legally.

Reactions: rondi
Would be amazing if Shane came to RU but wouldn't you think Stanford will cave to all of the media attention and support to bring back wrestling? The fans already raised 12 million to contribute.

Not if they already turned down. They would have to reinstate a women’s sport too
Yea but how much could that women's sport actually cost them? Aren't they one of the richest universities in the country? It would be a bad look to not bring it back after all this attention. With that being said I hope they don't bring it back and Shane transfers here.

I don’t know the reason for axing the sport but it was never about not having enough money to sustain the program. Their athletic department has more money than just about every school in the country
I think their decision is tied to the college admission scandal of a few years ago.

I think their decision is tied to the college admission scandal of a few years ago.
Wasn't sailing the only Stanford coach/program implicated? How does that impact wrestling and the other sports cut? Here are the 11 sports cut:

men’s and women’s fencing, field hockey, lightweight rowing, men’s rowing, co-ed and women’s sailing, squash, synchronized swimming, men’s volleyball and wrestling.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT