ADVERTISEMENT

Need RU Flag Help

RU_PAYBACK

All American
Gold Member
Jan 29, 2008
ISO a White flag with a red Block R in the middle.

I posted this when Heaven wasn't around. Maybe now that Heaven is back I can
receive some help?

I've searched and come up with nothing.

I assured the moderators I would not post anything anymore about Rutgers merchandise--sorry. The large majority of things I find are on the first few pages of google.

Originally posted by Leonard23:
Why can't you post Rutgers merchandise links anymore?

Posted from Rivals Mobile
I'd guess it's because there's companies who pay to advertise on the site. Heaven, while not personally profiting from his posts, is essentially giving free ads to competitors.

Originally posted by RU_PAYBACK:
Ok, I wasn't aware of that. I googled and found nothing.
Did you try Rising Flags in Old Bridge?

While i see the point from the mods point of view for free members, it is a little annoying that heaven cannot post good deals and cool stuff you dont see everyday for the paying members.

Originally posted by RUinPinehurst:
Maybe Heaven can start an opt-in email list and broadcast his "finds" via that route?

Don't mean to be argumentative but it's still using the site to take away business from people like Steve at Scarlet Fever.

Let's remember he was here before these large chain stores decided to stock RU stuff. He's done a lot for the school and fans at cost. Is saving a buck or two worth turning your back on someone who's always been there for you?

Not for me.

I've never seen a white RU flag. It doesn't mean it's not out there, but I would worry about white getting dirty and have never ordered or carried them.

Steve@SF

I give Steve a good deal of my RU budget, however there are rarer items he does not carry and I cannot get historical items there.

Not exactly on topic, but I would like to ask if anyone knows if the university will ever license the Old Queens flag again. Would love to have one.

The Q flag is not allowed for sale any more. Only the University can order. Rising Flags had the last bunch, but I believe they are all gone. However, they do have the similar flag with the R and 1766

Originally posted by SF88:
The Q flag is not allowed for sale any more. Only the University can order. Rising Flags had the last bunch, but I believe they are all gone. However, they do have the similar flag with the R and 1766
I keep hoping they will relent, but I guess not. I love the old Q. I still have my acceptance letter from years ago with the embossed Q on it. By the time I graduated though, they had stopped using it, and it was no longer on the diplomas.

I buy everything from SF & only look elsewhere if they don't have it. Nice tip that the 17R66 flag is at Rising Flags. I'm gonna pickup 1. Wish we could get the 17Q66 flag. Btw, why don't we have a bigger 17Q66 flag at the Stadium?

Steve,

Do you have canopies yet? Thanks.

They unified the branding of the university a while back and phased out nonconforming marks. Unfortunately for those of us who enjoy the rich history of Rutgers, that makes a lot of historical flags etc... forbidden.

I wonder if I'm setting a record for bumping a thread over the biggest gap of time.

Either way, I was pretty sure the Old Queens flag isn't publicly available, but @SF88 mentioned a similar looking flag from Rising Flags in Old Bridge, but that appears to no longer be in business. Any ideas for an Old Queens looking flag? If somebody doesn't want to post something publicly, feel free to message me.

I wonder if I'm setting a record for bumping a thread over the biggest gap of time.

Either way, I was pretty sure the Old Queens flag isn't publicly available, but @SF88 mentioned a similar looking flag from Rising Flags in Old Bridge, but that appears to no longer be in business. Any ideas for an Old Queens looking flag? If somebody doesn't want to post something publicly, feel free to message me.
Check your DM’’s

I used a guy (on etsy I think?) that makes custom flags for my 17R66 Flag (also have one of the older "Rising Flags" ones) - originally saw the link posted on here, assuming this might be what @e5fdny DM'd you.

ISO a White flag with a red Block R in the middle.

I posted this when Heaven wasn't around. Maybe now that Heaven is back I can
receive some help?

I've searched and come up with nothing.
Have to say.. when I read this I thought.. why?

If it is for a tailgate flag you can get crazy with a custom flag here...

(yikes.. just read OP was a necro thread.... oh well)

Reactions: RU_PAYBACK
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT