ADVERTISEMENT

New Cappie news.......Great accomplishment.

Good for her! Now how many more needed for fourth place?

I see that she is playing in Chicago, which, IIRC, is her home town. Pretty cool that she gets to play in front of family and friends at the professional level.

Thanks. She's just behind #4 by 175 points, which would seem quite doable. Are there many games left this season? If so, she should be able to rise once again in the standings.

Also, I have no sense as to the longevity of players in the WNBA (or in the NBA for that matter). Will Cappie likely have many more years in the league?

Thanks.

Very impressive. She has a few years left, I suspect, she's still playing well. Many players begin tailing off by 35 (only 2 years away for her). Of course, the folks ahead of her all played well past that.

With Catchings retiring, the only one ahead of her still active is DT.

Time to retire her number at Rutgers.Clearly, one of the best basketball players to ever play for Rutgers and then excel at the professional level.

Reactions: dmd78
Time to retire her number at Rutgers.Clearly, one of the best basketball players to ever play for Rutgers and then excel at the professional level.

Cappie's number hasn't been retired? I thought we've had at least two women's bball numbers retired. One is Sue Wicks. Who is the other or others?

Thanks.

Was Cappie Pondexter a 1st Team All American? Because the only RU basketball players, men's or women's who have had their number retired were all 1st Team All Americans ... which I think is the Rutgers policy:

June Olkowski and Sue Wicks for the women, and Bob Lloyd, Phil Sellers and James Bailey for the men.

Was Cappie Pondexter a 1st Team All American? Because the only RU basketball players, men's or women's who have had their number retired were all 1st Team All Americans ... which I think is the Rutgers policy:

June Olkowski and Sue Wicks for the women, and Bob Lloyd, Phil Sellers and James Bailey for the men.
Yes, she was named to several AA teams (including the 2006 ESPN one I've linked below) and stay tuned on the jersey retirement topic.

http://www.espn.com/ncw/news/story?id=406268

Reactions: RUJMM78
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT