ADVERTISEMENT

New Suriano Video by Flo

Sounds like he’s looking for whoever will help him get the most money next year.

Not that there’s anything wrong with that, but not a shoe in that he actually even goes anywhere.

Nick sure does not lack confidence which is a good thing. Now he has to go implement that confidence into a winning effort. Listening to that he is focused on winning the world team trials. I hope he does and where he goes from there is anyone’s guess.

Reactions: njsportsphan
USA Wrestling - MEN’S FREESTYLE PRE-SEEDS

61 kg
1. Tyler Graff (NJRTC/Titan Mercury WC)
2. Joe Colon (Cyclone RTC/Titan Mercury WC)
3. Nick Suriano (Sunkist Kids)
4. Daton Fix (Cowboy RTC/Titan Mercury WC)
5. Seth Gross (Wisconsin RTC/Sunkist Kids)
6. Nathan Tomasello (Oklahoma RTC/Titan Mercury WC)
7. Nahshon Garrett (Southeast RTC/Titan Mercury WC)
8. Shelton Mack (NYCRTC/Titan Mercury WC)
9. Josh Kramer (Sunkist Kids)
10. Zane Richards (Illinois RTC/Titan Mercury WC)
11. Daniel DeShazer (Gopher WC RTC)
12. Ethan Lizak (Pennsylvania RTC/New York AC)

We may get Suriano vs Tomasello.

USA Wrestling - MEN’S FREESTYLE PRE-SEEDS

61 kg
1. Tyler Graff (NJRTC/Titan Mercury WC)
2. Joe Colon (Cyclone RTC/Titan Mercury WC)
3. Nick Suriano (Sunkist Kids)
4. Daton Fix (Cowboy RTC/Titan Mercury WC)
5. Seth Gross (Wisconsin RTC/Sunkist Kids)
6. Nathan Tomasello (Oklahoma RTC/Titan Mercury WC)
7. Nahshon Garrett (Southeast RTC/Titan Mercury WC)
8. Shelton Mack (NYCRTC/Titan Mercury WC)
9. Josh Kramer (Sunkist Kids)
10. Zane Richards (Illinois RTC/Titan Mercury WC)
11. Daniel DeShazer (Gopher WC RTC)
12. Ethan Lizak (Pennsylvania RTC/New York AC)

We may get Suriano vs Tomasello.
TY,
some interesting possible matchhups.....almost makes me want to renew my Flo subscription.....almost

Suriano got a mention in the RU/Syracuse game today (They were referring to a late Takedown after the whistle)

Reactions: Leonard23
Suriano was working out in Penn State last week so maybe he signs up with Cael for round two. There may be a $ problem for him so maybe he pays his own way if he gets any NIL.

Reactions: njsportsphan
Looking at the Penn State line-up, Suriano can only go 125, displacing Howard. Otherwise, he'd create a problem at 133 with RBY sitting there now. However, wouldn't it be interesting to see Suriano matched up against Seabass? Their line-up, with or without Suriano looks really bad for Rutgers; maybe a chance for one win?

It's amazing to me that Cael would take him back. Principles be damned.

That is what I heard and I agree with you. I would have thought NS could make 125 easier and I would think Cael would want NS to go 125 and not upset the Apple cart.

Reactions: johnstownsteel
That is what I heard and I agree with you. I would have thought NS could make 125 easier and I would think Cael would want NS to go 125 and not upset the Apple cart.
Yes, the apple cart is what I was thinking if Nick was anything other than 125. But the thing that strikes me most is what a coach will suck up to in order to get a great wrestler. Scott put up with a lot that I doubt he would have had it been another wrestler of lesser caliber.

It will be interesting to see what Cael and the coaching staff do when they get back from the worlds.

It's mind boggling how both parties would get back with each other.
Eh, it’s old news. Suriano won his national title, Cael won a team title. They’ve both moved on.

It’s annoying that Penn State has a bunch of likable guys in their starting lineup.

Reactions: NittanyChris
Ahhhh...all making a little more sense now. Howard with a known, shoulder problem/surgery and Cael swallowing his pride to suck up to Nick/Bob. This addresses two of Cael's problems as it can fill the 125 slot AND helps challenge Iowa for the NC. If it happens, I will be somewhat surprised at Cael but not too much as some people will do anything for ultimate glory.

Ahhhh...all making a little more sense now. Howard with a known, shoulder problem/surgery and Cael swallowing his pride to suck up to Nick/Bob. This addresses two of Cael's problems as it can fill the 125 slot AND helps challenge Iowa for the NC. If it happens, I will be somewhat surprised at Cael but not too much as some people will do anything for ultimate glory.
Even a healthy Howard is probably only a qualifier w/ outside chance for low AA at best.. only a matter of time before Cael/fanbase over there try to find another answer at 125..

Last edited:
Showdown with Spencer Lee coming. Maybe more than one.
It’s actually kind of funny, as good as a trilogy would be this year between the regular season, Big 10s, and the nationals, I kind of want to see Suriano’s first chance at redemption be in the national finals. And I hope he takes him down.

It’s actually kind of funny, as good as a trilogy would be this year between the regular season, Big 10s, and the nationals, I kind of want to see Suriano’s first chance at redemption be in the national finals. And I hope he takes him down.
I would like to see Suriano win but I think Lee will take him. Nick would have to be more aggressive against Lee but he tends to get very defensive and too risk-averse against good competition. Also, Lee is better at controlling on top and escaping from bottom.

I would like to see Suriano win but I think Lee will take him. Nick would have to be more aggressive against Lee but he tends to get very defensive and too risk-averse against good competition. Also, Lee is better at controlling on top and escaping from bottom.

I agree, but if he's at Penn St, he'll be working with Gilman who knows Lee real well. And Cael always has his wrestlers prepared for the big show.

That said it kind of sickens me that both parties want a reunion. Though I fully understand why both want / need each other.

Reactions: pawrestlersintn
I don't want to Suriano win. Nick Suriano didn't win an NCAA championship for the team he won it for himself. Like every other wrestler would have... but that's all he cares about. This is the third college he has jumped to. At least Spencer Lee stayed loyal to Iowa. You got to give him that much. Everytime something doesn't go Nicky Knuckleheads way, his foul mouthed, chooch father throws a fit and makes him leave.Fu*k those two and the horse they rode in on. If he wants to wrestle for Sling Blade Sanderson again, be my guest

It is a free country and if that is what NS wants so be it. I just hope it does not blow up for him like it did training in Arizona for the Olympic trials so time will tell.

I don't want to Suriano win. Nick Suriano didn't win an NCAA championship for the team he won it for himself. Like every other wrestler would have... but that's all he cares about. This is the third college he has jumped to. At least Spencer Lee stayed loyal to Iowa. You got to give him that much. Everytime something doesn't go Nicky Knuckleheads way, his foul mouthed, chooch father throws a fit and makes him leave.Fu*k those two and the horse they rode in on. If he wants to wrestle for Sling Blade Sanderson again, be my guest
“Sling Blade Sanderson”

ok crackers, I’ll give ya credit… that made me laugh.

Now I’ll never get to unsee this.

2a5d3bbc9c685fa697301c551c5eb6ff.jpg

d6194988250abd2ef411019d3c68d21c.jpg

There is a chance for four meetings between the two. Duals in Florida, dual at Iowa, B1G and NCAA. I want at least one meeting before the big show. I think you give Cody Sanderson a shot at helping Nick make adjustments, and he'll have a pretty good shot on Saturday night.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT