ADVERTISEMENT

New Target? Wing Kadary Richmond

Lol... the kid was going to reclassify to 2020, and his description stats are of a 6'5"lead guard/wing, which is where the roster already has a log jam. It wasn't a comment on the kid's ability, more like correlating his situation to the rumors during the Hyatt recruitment that if he stayed in the 2019 class the plan might have been for him to redshirt.

I really don't understand all the attention for perspective recruits at positions where Rutgers has a surplus of players .The need is at power forward and center right now .The only way this discussion makes sense is if some current players will transfer or the recruit was a one and done super star player who could lead the team to a winning season and NCAA bid.Both scenarios are unlikely.

I really don't understand all the attention for perspective recruits at positions where Rutgers has a surplus of players .The need is at power forward and center right now .The only way this discussion makes sense is if some current players will transfer or the recruit was a one and done super star player who could lead the team to a winning season and NCAA bid.Both scenarios are unlikely.
Maybe Pikiell has a different idea of how his team is going to look than you do.

Much of today's game is four out, one in.

Reactions: needmorecowbell
A lot of teams are recruiting kids to play 2-4 so they can mix and match. Take Harper as an example. He logged minutes as the 1, 2, 3 and 4 this past season.

A lot of teams are recruiting kids to play 2-4 so they can mix and match. Take Harper as an example. He logged minutes as the 1, 2, 3 and 4 this past season.

Harper played 1? When?

Harper played 1? When?
Handled the ball plenty of times. Go back an watch. When Pike wanted to get Geo a shot and McConnell was on the bench, Harper brought the ball up court and ran the offense. I’m not calling Harper a point guard. The point is that Pike (and most coaches) want players who can play multiple positions.

Harper played 1? When?
Handled the ball plenty of times. Go back an watch. When Pike wanted to get Geo a shot and McConnell was on the bench, Harper brought the ball up court and ran the offense. I’m not calling Harper a point guard. The point is that Pike (and most coaches) want players who can play multiple positions.

Makes sense. Hoops is evolving into a positionless game and Ron has the ability and iq to be a point fwd.

Reactions: needmorecowbell
Top four of SHU, St. John's, UConn, Oregon

I'm really inching toward worry mode about the 2020 class.

RUs top 7 to 8 kids they've focused on are still all on the board...they need 2 of those 7 or 8. If they don't land any of the 8, then I would consider starting to worry.

Top four of SHU, St. John's, UConn, Oregon

I'm really inching toward worry mode about the 2020 class.

With all the young 1,2 and 3's on the roster I don't see this as an issue. This team needs Bigs this year. Most of those targets are uncommitted.

Reactions: Scarlet Shack
With all the young 1,2 and 3's on the roster I don't see this as an issue. This team needs Bigs this year. Most of those targets are uncommitted.

While I would like three verbals at this point that are all 4 star, the reality is that we have 9 guys returning for 2020-2021, of which 7 of them (baker, young, Mulchay, Mathis, MacConnell, Harper, Johnson) are Locked into the rotation

We only have big man minutes to offer to a frosh next year ...and we need at least one center and one power forward. In an ideal world, I would love another guard in this class to give us roster class distribution, but that’s not an easy sell with no minutes to really offer until a class of 20 kid becomes a soph

While I would like three verbals at this point that are all 4 star, the reality is that we have 9 guys returning for 2020-2021, of which 7 of them (baker, young, Mulchay, Mathis, MacConnell, Harper, Johnson) are Locked into the rotation

We only have big man minutes to offer to a frosh next year ...and we need at least one center and one power forward. In an ideal world, I would love another guard in this class to give us roster class distribution, but that’s not an easy sell with no minutes to really offer until a class of 20 kid becomes a soph

I would say it's likely that one of those seven does not come back next year. I don't know, or for what reason. But stuff always happens.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
This must be a new top 7 or 8 considering we’ve already missed with a bunch.

The kids have already been covered in details over the last few weeks....no kid that has been on that list has come off the board or officially visited. Having 30 to 40 offers does not mean you can have 30 to 40 official visits, you're limited to how many per calendar year or over a 3 year period.

If you are not on premium, then the comment makes sense.

I would say it's likely that one of those seven does not come back next year. I don't know, or for what reason. But stuff always happens.

While anything is possible, it means someone falls out of the rotation and isnt playing more than a handful of minutes a game....even if a transfer did happen, if you recruited another guard to replace the one that leaves, that player has to be better than whatever kids are here playing in 2020-21.

The roster is already in my opinion, trying to find minutes for Peter Kiss, who either has to improve his own game. We are adding 2 guards in Mulcahy and Young....why would adding another guard in 2020 make sense, even if Kiss didn't play much AND a transfer happened?? You still have a good group of guards in place for the next 3 seasons.

Schools are not just filling scholarships anymore unless the kid has a chance to play or is given an opportunity to earn minutes in Year 1...if that doesn't happen by Year 1 or there's no departing seniors, what path does that guard have for PT??

We are looking for a forward for Yeboah/Eugene's spot and Shaq Shaq Carter's minutes for next year. We have Myles Johnson and Doucoure, with the flexibility to play Harper at the 4 as a starter, because of the pieces recruited at spots 1 through 3. Most of these players are underclassmen today.

I can see 2 pieces being added and competitive with Doucoure and Myles Johnson and able to play minutes behind Harper at the 4 or in place of Harper at the 4, if the player is that talented or able to do that....if that player is a 5* kid like Josh Hall, sure you take him....if it's not, then not sure it makes sense.

Reactions: Scarlet Shack

You have to begin to reload earlier. That is the template for many successful teams. Plus, players leave and you plan for that.

If your star player is a going into his junior year, you should look to bring in a recruit that season so the player can sit behind for a year, and be ready to rock when the player leaves.

Reactions: kcg88
While anything is possible, it means someone falls out of the rotation and isnt playing more than a handful of minutes a game....even if a transfer did happen, if you recruited another guard to replace the one that leaves, that player has to be better than whatever kids are here playing in 2020-21.

The roster is already in my opinion, trying to find minutes for Peter Kiss, who either has to improve his own game. We are adding 2 guards in Mulcahy and Young....why would adding another guard in 2020 make sense, even if Kiss didn't play much AND a transfer happened?? You still have a good group of guards in place for the next 3 seasons.

Schools are not just filling scholarships anymore unless the kid has a chance to play or is given an opportunity to earn minutes in Year 1...if that doesn't happen by Year 1 or there's no departing seniors, what path does that guard have for PT??

We are looking for a forward for Yeboah/Eugene's spot and Shaq Shaq Carter's minutes for next year. We have Myles Johnson and Doucoure, with the flexibility to play Harper at the 4 as a starter, because of the pieces recruited at spots 1 through 3. Most of these players are underclassmen today.

I can see 2 pieces being added and competitive with Doucoure and Myles Johnson and able to play minutes behind Harper at the 4 or in place of Harper at the 4, if the player is that talented or able to do that....if that player is a 5* kid like Josh Hall, sure you take him....if it's not, then not sure it makes sense.

You can't go two seasons recruiting only one guard (Mulcahy). That's not how any team in the country approaches recruiting.

Bigs need to be our priority for 2020 - though I certainly wouldn't turn down a really strong wing that could play 3/4.

We're graduating Yeboah and Carter after this year, and have only Johnson/Doucoure slated to return as post players over 6-6. We need two 6-8+/230+ guys in this class.

You can't go two seasons recruiting only one guard (Mulcahy). That's not how any team in the country approaches recruiting.

Mathis, McConnell, Young, and Mulcahy all were all recruited within the last 2 classes....then Baker and Kiss were in the 1st class as a freshman and a transfer that also had 3 years of eligibility left. I don't know how may more guards you want to add to the mix. Everyone listed above is going to be on the roster for the next 2 seasons.

Mathis, McConnell, Young, and Mulcahy all were all recruited within the last 2 classes....then Baker and Kiss were in the 1st class as a freshman and a transfer that also had 3 years of eligibility left. I don't know how may more guards you want to add to the mix. Everyone listed above is going to be on the roster for the next 2 seasons.

I'm willing to bet they all won't.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT