ADVERTISEMENT

BB Recruiting Rutgers Basketball lands San Diego transfer wing PJ Hayes

Hayes could be a very important 3 point shooter for Rutgers similar to Spencer at UConn.Opponents will be concentrating on Bailey and Harper leaving open shots for Hayes and other Rutgers players.I'm pretty confident that Rutgers offense won't be having so many long scoring droughts like seen in recent seasons.

Oh boy
oh boy dunk GIF

Welcome to Rutgers, PJ!

Now we need 3rd big for fouls or in-case-of injury and the roster is set. I like our chances in 24-25.

Seniors Martini, PJ Hayes, Acuff
Juniors JWill, Ogbole, Derkack
Sophomore JaMike
Freshmen Dylan, Ace, Sommerville, Dortch, Grant

Okay ... I'll accept this as proof that there really IS a God.

This is an awesome addition to the team. Welcome PJ!!!

So what is the 9 man rotation going to look like?

Don't ask me. I keep getting yelled at when I propose lineups (jk).

Starters:
2 of Acuff (apperently I'm sleeping on his shooting ability)/Hayes/Martini
Dylan
Ace
Lathan or Ogbole

Bench:
JWill
Lathan or Ogbole
Acuff or Hayes or Martini
Derkack

Outside Top 9:
Davis
Dorch
Grant
Transfer/Freshman C

Reactions: Knight Shift
I mean what’s not to like about that interview

The quotes show that the kid is very confident in his abilities, understands exactly what he can provide to this team if he executes but realizes he has to work really hard

Said all the right things

Great pickup!
We still have one open scholly correct?
Guesses as to what position / which player Wel use it on?

Anyone know how the rest of the game is? Is he a situational role player 3pt zone breaker type, or can he play D, rebound, etc.?

Anyone know how the rest of the game is? Is he a situational role player 3pt zone breaker type, or can he play D, rebound, etc.?
We will find out soon enough.

This is going to be Pike's toughest year coaching ever. He got bit last year with "new landscape" AND a rancid shooting team. It is obvious he has adapted...how does he get the new pieces to play the way his program likes to play?

Reactions: rubigtimenow
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT