ADVERTISEMENT

New to the Board

I never realized the amount of PSU paranoia on this board, it's like a Salem witch hunt around here, a lot of you need to layoff the pipe...since you asked for the "fourth time", I wanted to experience life outside of Jersey so I spent two years at a little known Jesuit school without a football program in the Pacific Northwest in Spokane, Washington (I'm sure some of you bright minds can figure that one out) before coming back to Jersey to finish my Accounting degree at a small private school also without a Div I football program

More or less this: North, Central, South
11059871144_13d34e144a.jpg

I never realized the amount of PSU paranoia on this board, it's like a Salem witch hunt around here, a lot of you need to layoff the pipe...since you asked for the "fourth time", I wanted to experience life outside of Jersey so I spent two years at a little known Jesuit school without a football program in the Pacific Northwest in Spokane, Washington (I'm sure some of you bright minds can figure that one out) before coming back to Jersey to finish my Accounting degree at a small private school also without a Div I football program
Your OP said you've followed the Big Ten for years. What team have you historically rooted for?

Reactions: onesimus
You still haven't mentioned the schools, but rather just gave details forcing us to assume something .. I call BS, got my eye on you

The two schools that were best in the early to mid 90s when I first fell in love with the passion and excitement of college football. Growing up in an Italian family from north jersey and Brooklyn it was natural to root for one of our own and the only real college football
Power in the east back then...and also the Winged helmets of Michigan and the largest stadium in the country,
Those two football programs built my love of college football...now I have a third school I can follow and still see the other two schools that I grew up following...

You still haven't mentioned the schools, but rather just gave details forcing us to assume something .. I call BS, got my eye on you
If you can't figure out the first school then I can't help you, maybe you should look at a map...the second school is Rider...and yes it's a miserable choice looking back...

The two schools that were best in the early to mid 90s when I first fell in love with the passion and excitement of college football. Growing up in an Italian family from north jersey and Brooklyn it was natural to root for one of our own and the only real college football
Power in the east back then...and also the Winged helmets of Michigan and the largest stadium in the country,
Those two football programs built my love of college football...now I have a third school I can follow and still see the other two schools that I grew up following...
So where did you go?

Does anyone want to talk Rutgers football now or does the trial continue and I get labeled a troll and branded a traitor for abondoning my state university and choosing to first go out of state to college and then returning and again choosing not to attend Rutgers...I've followed this board long enough to know that jersey kids who choose not to attend Rutgers are branded with the Scarlet letter and looked down upon...

So where did you go?
Gonzaga and then Rider...is it really that hard to put two and two together?

Some people want to see other parts of the country and going away to college is a great way to do that, the Pacific Northwest is a gorgeous part of the country with gorgeous women too...you should check it out sometime.

Reactions: jmc11201
I'm not looking at a map, I don't need to. You're the guy with the big " look at me" thread, but for some reason can't write Gonzaga and rider, which leads you to appear like a psu Choad that attempts to play weird tricks and still swears Joe Pa is God.

In prison you gotta shank a guy to
Prove sure your not a rat, we just wanted to know where you went to school and you were being deceptive in your answers

There Is a time delay in your post, I'm responding one question behind your threads

There Is a time delay in your post, I'm responding one question behind your threads
Like I said, took the sage advice of Mildone and wrote an introductory note to try to avoid being labeled a troll which apparently is unavoidable on this board unless you are a major donor to Rutgers or can show a copy of your Rutgers diploma...yes I grew up watching and rooting for PSU and still do, are you saying that there are too many Rutgers fans filling the stands of High Point solutions stadium that anyone who wasn't born a Rutgers football fan but grew up in NJ cannot possibly be welcome as a supporter of Rutgers Athletics...good luck filling that stadium if so, you do realize a large majority of north jersey grew up rooting for PSU because it was the only
Major college football team around right? It's time to embrace your fellow prideful Jersey neighbors and welcome new Rutgers supporters into the fold...otherwise you'll have a real hard time growing this fan base to Big Ten East levels (sans Indiana/Maryland)

Does anyone want to talk Rutgers football now or does the trial continue and I get labeled a troll and branded a traitor for abondoning my state university and choosing to first go out of state to college and then returning and again choosing not to attend Rutgers...I've followed this board long enough to know that jersey kids who choose not to attend Rutgers are branded with the Scarlet letter and looked down upon...

edit: my question was answered while I was posting it.

Like I said, took the sage advice of Mildone and wrote an introductory note to try to avoid being labeled a troll which apparently is unavoidable on this board unless you are a major donor to Rutgers or can show a copy of your Rutgers diploma...yes I grew up watching and rooting for PSU and still do, are you saying that there are too many Rutgers fans filling the stands of High Point solutions stadium that anyone who wasn't born a Rutgers football fan but grew up in NJ cannot possibly be welcome as a supporter of Rutgers Athletics...good luck filling that stadium if so, you do realize a large majority of north jersey grew up rooting for PSU because it was the only
Major college football team around right? It's time to embrace your fellow prideful Jersey neighbors and welcome new Rutgers supporters into the fold...otherwise you'll have a real hard time growing this fan base to Big Ten East levels (sans Indiana/Maryland)
Don't know what to say, it not just north jersey, but all of New Jersey grew up rooting for psu. Be a fan, what do I care, but realize that it's difficult to vocally root for both here- since a good majority board can't stand ped state

Of course he ends up being a PSU shill... But any good/reasonable poster is welcome here, though we have a history of breaking them down. R.I.P Ellobo(?).

The mere fact that you created an account titled "Reppin Jerz" and long to discuss NJ Culture and life means that deep down in your soul you realize Rutgers is the team for you.

You're the prodigal son coming home...

Reactions: Reppin_Jerz

Friend, you brought this scrunity on yourself by evading a few critical components of your story. The reaction here is understandable. We can move beyond all that now, if you behave.

Did you order the Code Red? (Repeated until Jessup answers)

Are you now, or have you ever been, a member of the Communist Party?

Did you attend or do you root for Penn State?

Confession is good for the soul. Today is Ash Wednesday after all. What better time to confess your PSU past and ask Chop Nation for forgiveness? You have taken another big step on the road to Piscataway, and we will welcome you - the Jersey way!

Don't know what to say, it not just north jersey, but all of New Jersey grew up rooting for psu. Be a fan, what do I care, but realize that it's difficult to vocally root for both here- since a good majority board can't stand ped state
I have followed this board daily for three years now, I am well aware of the majority hatred for PSU, quite frankly, this is how rivalries are built and I'm ok with that, I don't share this hatred but I am here to talk big ten and Rutgers football, maybe some basketball and wrestling too. Rivalries are created by the fans who despise other fan bases, and I'd like nothing more than my first love to build an intense rivalry with my state school in ALL sports...btw though I grew up also following Michigan, after the hiring of harbaugh, i feel they have sold out and can no longer root for them except against Ohio state and some OOC opponents. I am also well aware of the certain posters who are the "troll police" on this board, the posters who only see through scarlet colored glasses and the posters who threaten the apocalypse upon you if you have a dissenting opinion. I'm not here to flame, just to talk big ten sports which I have an intense passion for. And also jersey culture which I take a tremendous amount of pride in. Apologies to anyone who feels deceived by my introductory post.

It's actually common and considered good etiquette in some forums. Which is, of course, why I never do it.

Car forums. Also, it's common on the ADI (American Distillers Institute) forums. BUT - they have all have a top sticky thread specific to the purpose.

Welcome to the club, Reppin_Jerz. Being from North Jersey, I grew up rooting for PSU too. People are just testing your mettle so don't mind it. Glad to have you aboard.

Welcome to the club, Reppin_Jerz. Being from North Jersey, I grew up rooting for PSU too. People are just testing your mettle so don't mind it. Glad to have you aboard.

Al. What is your association with miami? Did you go to grad school there?

Car forums. Also, it's common on the ADI (American Distillers Institute) forums. BUT - they have all have a top sticky thread specific to the purpose.
Exactly. Maybe we should have a sticky and encourage it as well? I'm a douchebag and think rules apply to other people. But it might help identify new folks vs. trolls.

I have followed this board daily for three years now, I am well aware of the majority hatred for PSU, quite frankly, this is how rivalries are built and I'm ok with that, I don't share this hatred but I am here to talk big ten and Rutgers football, maybe some basketball and wrestling too. Rivalries are created by the fans who despise other fan bases, and I'd like nothing more than my first love to build an intense rivalry with my state school in ALL sports...btw though I grew up also following Michigan, after the hiring of harbaugh, i feel they have sold out and can no longer root for them except against Ohio state and some OOC opponents. I am also well aware of the certain posters who are the "troll police" on this board, the posters who only see through scarlet colored glasses and the posters who threaten the apocalypse upon you if you have a dissenting opinion. I'm not here to flame, just to talk big ten sports which I have an intense passion for. And also jersey culture which I take a tremendous amount of pride in. Apologies to anyone who feels deceived by my introductory post.
Your intro post was fine. Lots of us don't hate PSU or any other school. I myself have no problems with any school. I just want to beat some more than others.

Dude, why didn't you just say from the very beginning that you grew up a PSU fan, and still are, but as a Jersey resident, you also root for Rutgers?

I guarantee you wouldn't have been on the stand like you were if you weren't so damn cryptic about everything.

BTW go to Hudson or Bergen county and they will say anything south of Union is south Jersey[roll]
No fooling. I worked in Bergen County for a long time. Some of them thought anything south of Newark Airport was South Jersey. Remember being unable to convince someone that Woodbridge was not South Jersey.

OP is just another putz who will be part of the negativity brigade in no time. Using Howard as the reason not to buy season tix is already Ehibit A ; who needs or wants more smug fans ; we have enough already . Go away.

Reactions: mikershoein
OP is just another putz who will be part of the negativity brigade in no time. Using Howard as the reason not to buy season tix is already Ehibit A ; who needs or wants more smug fans ; we have enough already . Go away.
I can see we will get along swimmingly, I didn't have you on the previous DB list of posters to stay away from, but why don't you go ahead and tell us which Husky your true allegiance is with, UConn?

I can see we will get along swimmingly, I didn't have you on the previous DB list of posters to stay away from, but why don't you go ahead and tell us which Husky your true allegiance is with, UConn?
2nd Battalion, 35th Artillery, the Husky Battalion

Rider alum & TTFP fan. Could've been worse, he could've been a SHU, Nova or BC alum &/or fan too. Wait, who do you root for in MBB, @Reppin_Jerz ?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT