ADVERTISEMENT

New to the Board

There are a few decent State Penn posters because they avoid discussing their school's supposed superiority. But any State Penn fan who steps out of line should be treated the same way a U.S. citizen draped in an an American flag would have been in Beirut in the 80s.

I never realized the amount of PSU paranoia on this board, it's like a Salem witch hunt around here, a lot of you need to layoff the pipe...
Laughable nonsense.

You being outed for the psu troll that you are is not paranoia, it is an unfortunate, sad truth.

The fortunate, happy truth is that the big nosed weirdo is currently playing mahjong with the dark lord Satan himself while he burns for all eternity. And children all around psu rejoiced, for the enabler is gone. Good riddance.

Oh yeah, welcome to the forum! You seem like you will be a real treat.

More or less this: North, Central, South
11059871144_13d34e144a.jpg
this...end of discussion

Dude, why didn't you just say from the very beginning that you grew up a PSU fan, and still are, but as a Jersey resident, you also root for Rutgers?

I guarantee you wouldn't have been on the stand like you were if you weren't so damn cryptic about everything.
tPJgE_zpsa285467b.png

The only question that needs to be asked of the OP is who he roots for when RU plays State Penn. If he gives the right answer and it's truthful, he's OK in my book.
If not, well, that angry crowd with torches and pitchforks is easily reconvened!

Reactions: Local Shill
Rider alum & TTFP fan. Could've been worse, he could've been a SHU, Nova or BC alum &/or fan too. Wait, who do you root for in MBB, @Reppin_Jerz ?
I've rooted for Duke ever since a kid I went to high school with, Dahntay Jones (Rutgers transfer) teamed up with Jay Williams, Carlos Boozer, Shane Battier and Mike Dunleavy to have a few pretty good years in the early 2000s

There are a few decent State Penn posters because they avoid discussing their school's supposed superiority.
Ain't nothing supposed about their superiority when it comes to us and football. I want to beat them a few years running and then we can give them crap for feeling superior. Till then, it is what it is.

Reactions: RU Husky
OP is just another putz who will be part of the negativity brigade in no time. Using Howard as the reason not to buy season tix is already Ehibit A ; who needs or wants more smug fans ; we have enough already . Go away.

A little rough maybe?

LOL so now it's Princeton? So then East Windsor, West Windsor and Hightstown are "South Jersey" as well? Stop, please, now!

p.s. - I've lived in Hudson County, on-and-off, for nearly 20 years, I get it!

Seriously...we went through this before

I live in Plainsboro...which is Central Jersey.

South jersey begins SOUTH of 195....West to East...until you get close to the Route 9 (Howell and Lakewood are central Jersey)...and then I would include everthing on the shore from Belmar south to Seaside as Central Jersey (LBI is definitely south jersey)

Hamilton, Robbinsville, Plaonsboro, East and West Windsor, Plainsboro, and Princeton are Central Jersey and so much more culturally biased to NYC

You don't get Philly bias until you get south of 195...Florence, Columbus, Bordentown....that is where South Jersey begins

Those 5-10 miles between Hamilton and those towns are WAY WAY WAY different....

How to tell which part of Jersey someone is from:
North Jersey: Taylor Ham: gets upset if called pork roll
Central Jersey: Taylor Pork Roll, Taylor Ham or just pork roll and don't care what it's called
South Jersey: Pork Roll , has a fit every time hears it called Taylor Ham .

With that in mind:
I'm having some trouble thinking Reppin_Jerz was raised in North Jersey, but he does seem to have a Central Jersey attitude. Maybe his out of state time erased the need to protect the good name of Taylor Ham , with egg and cheese on a hard roll from those who would destroy it by calling it a pork roll :chairshot:

As for being a PSU fan most of his life: no problem ( for me) if he doesn't act like a NitWit and discuses Nit FB reasonably

Reactions: mikershoein
just walk up to a person in any of these towns and say "when was the last time you were in the city"... and see if they start talking about new york city or philly.

just walk up to a person in any of these towns and say "when was the last time you were in the city"... and see if they start talking about new york city or philly.

The city to me is NYC, and I'm Brick raised now living in Hamilton.

South jersey begins SOUTH of 195....West to East...until you get close to the Route 9 (Howell and Lakewood are central Jersey)...and then I would include everthing on the shore from Belmar south to Seaside as Central Jersey (LBI is definitely south jersey).
I'm good with this until the bolded.

Cross the Bridge on 70 in Brick and then it begins.

Pt. Beach (and Boro I guess by default) Is still Central NJ IMO.

Reactions: RU205
One of the well respected board members posted a thread recently that made a lot of sense, new members should first introduce themselves before jumping into heated debates or starting divisive thread topics (and to avoid being label a troll). So here I am...have you ever been labeled as being "rough around the edges" only to tell people "what do you expect, I'm from Jersey"?

I've been following this board for a few years now and I feel its time to stop debating the likelihood of RutgersAl predictions with co-workers by the water-cooler and jump into the conversation here.

Born and raised in Central NJ (the 609), decided to get away for college, but ended up coming back "Home" and putting down roots in Morris County while making the treacherous 2 hour NJ Transit commute into Manhattan daily (anyone else hear NJ Transit is supposed to go on strike in March)...

Lifelong fan of Big Ten sports, follow a couple of the more local teams since childhood and happy to have my state University in the Conference to more easily experience big ten athletics - I attend a couple of Rutgers football and basketball games every year (and hopefully Wrestling matches in the near future). Most of my friends are Rutgers grads so I feel a sense of being adopted by as well as Adopting Rutgers athletics as my own.

I look forward to contributing to the board, building some friendship and disagreeing with what most of you say...because, what do you expect, most of us are from Jersey.
Welcome, I to am new and look forward to being a contributing member. Not a Jersey or even USA guy, but a proud Canadian

Did not go to RU
A Canadian, eh. Aboot time one of you contributed. :)
Not a graduate of RU,in fact when I came to the US of A 24 yrs ago, I had never heard of Rutgers. A McGill Univ. grad. Went to my 1st RU game in 1992 and hooked ever since. Lucky to get 2000 people (or is it 200) to a McGill game back then. Now I have a son that graduated last year and the wife graduates this May.

Did not go to RU

Not a graduate of RU,in fact when I came to the US of A 24 yrs ago, I had never heard of Rutgers. A McGill Univ. grad. Went to my 1st RU game in 1992 and hooked ever since. Lucky to get 2000 people (or is it 200) to a McGill game back then. Now I have a son that graduated last year and the wife graduates this May.
Awesome, do you have any connections to help us get the hockey rink on campus ? I keep playing the lottery but no dice

Did not go to RU

I didn't go to RU either, although I grew up nearby. I have a lot of friends and family that went to RU. That and proximity is what led to me becoming a fan of the FB program. My daughter will graduate this year and one of my son's is in school there at the moment.

Was up near McGill a few years back when I took my boys to a Formula one race up there. We loved the whole experience, and all of us want to go back for a longer vacation in the Montreal area.

I wish someone would lock this thread...."hey look me I am different, and thats all I am here to post about".....60 percent of your posts are on this thread...move on and post, or sit here and talk about yourself...honestly could give a rats arse....

"yes I grew up watching and rooting for PSU and still do"

Being on this board is like undergoing waterboarding. We will break you! Glad that you finally confessed.

:)

-Scarlet Jerry

It is the "and still do" that bothers me. Is he still "Saint Joe" to you?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT