ADVERTISEMENT

NJ State Wrestling Tournament results

Could have been Jordan Decator who is a Ohio State committed sophomore ranked #6 in the sophomore class.

I agree that Tom Ryan's original Tweet may have been meant as a "thank you" to Decatur without saying his name directly. However, I really think, Ash then used Logie's quote and directed it to a Sophomore that he would like to see "verbal" to Rutgers. Looks like Ash has a good connection to the wrestler in question. Here is a Tweet from Nick directed to Ash and Lewis prior to the preseason NWCA Allstar Classic (BTW take a close look at pic in upper left and you'll see Pat Glory and Nick ....

1. Nicky Shishkabobs‏@nickraimo20 3 Nov 2016

Nicky Shishkabobs Retweeted Rutgers Wrestling

My boys lets get it @atowndown2 @732SAVAGE

Nicky Shishkabobs added,

CwXlD74XUAAqeM4.jpg

CwXlSr0XcAE1utw.jpg

Rutgers Wrestling@RUWrestling
    Ashnault, Lewis primed to compete in the 51st Annual @nwcawrestling All-Star Classic Saturday in Cleveland. http://bit.ly/2fhd69r
    0 replies 0 retweets 7 likes

Curious if anyone watched Malcolm Robinsons Quarter Finals match last night? Match got chippy at times and I felt Malcolm was the instigator. Personally think he was close to getting disqualified so hope his coaches are talking to him about that. He won the match handily 12-4 with one of the other kids points being a penalty point.

I watched Malcolm's Quarter Final match and I agree it got very chippy and was lucky that he wasn't penalized more. There were several instances of heavy hands that would have been questionable even a Big Ten Match. He pushed his opponent out of bounds several times by pushing on his head which only garnered one penalty point. In the Big Ten I wonder if his technique would have been interpreted as "stalling" as they routinely were sent back to the center of the match after he pushed his opponent out of bounds. That said, he is very quick and has an amazing ankle pink which he used twice just as the referee blew the whistle to start action.

In his semifinal which he won 6-4, he also started out with questionable heavy hands but his opponent employed similar technique and the match became less chippy.

Metzler and Raimo advance to the finals. Entire finals on :
Statelinersports.com. Free w excellent commentary. Probably go on around 3

NJSIAA Semi Results for RU Commits.

126 Region 3 Metzler wins 5 - 1 is in the finals against Nick Raimo.
138 Region 5 Cleary wins 14-4 is in the finals against Matt Kolonia
152 Region 5 Glasgow pins 2:25 is in the finals against Joseph Hatcher
170 Region 8 Janzer pins 5:00 is in the finals against Mike Yorio

NJSIAA Semi Results for RU Commits.

126 Region 3 Metzler wins 5 - 1 is in the finals against Nick Raimo.
138 Region 5 Cleary wins 14-4 is in the finals against Matt Kolonia
152 Region 5 Glasgow pins 2:25 is in the finals against Joseph Hatcher
170 Region 8 Janzer pins 5:00 is in the finals against Mike Yorio
I definitely like seeing all 4 of our future wrestlers in the finals.

lol

I think Statelinersports.com gave them permisson to use their stream. The NJSIAA hasn't sold rights to anything but the Atlantic City bouts, so anyone can stream. Statelinersports.com also carried last weeks Districts from Phillipsburg, a gym almost 2-3 times the size of West Orange. P'burg bid for the Region but didn't get awarded it.
NJ.com most likely paid for the rights to stream the bouts in Atlantic City next weekend like they've had the past several years.

Last edited:
lol

I think Statelinersports.com gave them permisson to use their stream. The NJSIAA hasn't sold rights to anything but the Atlantic City bouts, so anyone can stream. Statelinersports.com also carried last weeks Districts from Phillipsburg, a gym almost 2-3 times the size of West Orange. P'burg bid for the Region but didn't get awarded it.
NJ.com most likely paid for the rights to stream the bouts in Atlantic City next weekend like they've had the past several years.
Statelinersports.com streams free on Ustream (web & app), so I don't think they needed permission to embed the Ustream video player on nj.com.

Surprised he hasn't committed yet to RU. Guess he's waiting to see if he gets any football scholarships. If not he's a lock for heavyweight here.
Saw him for the first time today. Does he have an offer? Just a sophomore, hope he continues to develop. $$$$

Reactions: Jersey Boys
Did any of you watch Malcolm Robinson's semifinal match? Specifically, at the end of the second period, the 5:45 minute mark.

Raimo wins 5-2 in a bit of a snoozefest. Raimo appears stronger and more muscular and just as quick if not quicker than the smaller Metzlar.

Pat Glory won by a quick pin at 120 as did Robert Melise at 220.

Raimo wins 5-2 in a bit of a snoozefest. Raimo appears stronger and more muscular and just as quick if not quicker than the smaller Metzlar.
Raimo is strong & had good counters but he didn't have any offense. I don't think he took 1 shot the entire match.

Pat Glory won by a quick pin at 120 as did Robert Melise at 220.
What year/school is Melise from and is he on our radar?

What year/school is Melise from and is he on our radar?

He is a senior. Currently ranked around 18 by The Open Mat, he was Paetzel's teammate last season, so coaching staff knows about him. He lost to Correnti in last years State final. That said I have no idea if he is a target for RU. He is very athletic and strong. Not sure what kind of student he is.

Last edited:
Robert Melise named Most Outstanding Wrestler at Region 3.
Probably close with Glory, both had quick pins in every bout.

Reactions: 32prosper
Hey guys - Not related to RU but since you guys are in the know...I see Kui Injury defaulted. Any word on that? He is returning state champ

Hey guys - Not related to RU but since you guys are in the know...I see Kui Injury defaulted. Any word on that? He is returning state champ

Lower back injury. But he will be a go at Atlantic City.

PS- the writer running the blog for Region 3 just reported that every round at Atlantic City will be streamed live and for free through one outlet or another. Of course this will run at times against the Big 10 Tourny (BTN Plus except for finals on Saturday night). So get all your devices, laptops, Ipads, phones, tablets, ready to go to watch more wrestling than your eyes might be able to handle.

Lower back injury. But he will be a go at Atlantic City.

PS- the writer running the blog for Region 3 just reported that every round at Atlantic City will be streamed live and for free through one outlet or another. Of course this will run at times against the Big 10 Tourny (BTN Plus except for finals on Saturday night). So get all your devices, laptops, Ipads, phones, tablets, ready to go to watch more wrestling than your eyes might be able to handle.
Laptop for B1Gs, iPad for NJ States.

Reactions: Jersey Boys
Jersey
I have seen that Westfield kid wrestle several times this year and I love him. He is what I call a real egg beater. Never stops. I will be all over Scott about him and only a freshman.

Jersey
I have seen that Westfield kid wrestle several times this year and I love him. He is what I call a real egg beater. Never stops. I will be all over Scott about him and only a freshman.

He has a bright future. He's on the podium this year I think. Coach Leo was asking me about him at the SKWC meeting a few weeks back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT