ADVERTISEMENT

NM

How about there be a wild card game and the 4th team play the wild card team and if the wild card team wins, then they get the 4th position in the playoffs. The 4th and 5th place team is always subjective.

As I said in the other thread about the same topic: this year has ZERO to do with any year following this season. Nothing. Only on this board could there be non-Nitiots worried about them NOT getting into the playoff (for whatever reason...) lol! Oh well.

Last edited:
The primary reason is, when we win the conference championship, they will never pick us because of the precedence they are setting by leaving PSU out. The champion out of the strongest conference should be an automatic in. That is why we try so hard to become the B1G champions.

No.

they.

Shouldnt.

The 4 best teams in the country should be in. Point blank, period. nothing more, nothing less. If you win your conference and theres still 4 teams that are better than you, then sorry you don't deserve to be in the playoff.

If we had PSU's year + a win over Pitt instead of a losing like they did, we would be in the playoff. This doesnt set any precedents or spoil any hope.. the system continues to work the way it should. You beat everyone youre supposed to and you will get rewarded. It's not supposed to be easy.

IMO the conf champs should be in. I strongly believe that.
Isn't the whole point of the playoffs to pick the 4 BEST teams? Not those that won their conference. If a team goes winless OOC but wins their conference, you think they should play in the playoffs?

Isn't the whole point of the playoffs to pick the 4 BEST teams? Not those that won their conference. If a team goes winless OOC but wins their conference, you think they should play in the playoffs?
You can manipulate OOC by scheduling cupcakes.

But OSU getting the call over a team that beat them?

Clearly the current system is disjointed. The issue's with OOC. The 5 power conferences, only 4 spots. So this thing will, as long as it's in it's current setup, always have kinks. And the 8 team system does seem to straighten that out. But imo, winning the conference should be the first step in moving on towards the playoffs. Otherwise what is the point?

You guys talked me out of it, lol. Because in theory a team can lose a lot of games and still manage to be the B1G champion.
I am going to let this thread go bye bye, the playoff is what it is and Alabama will win out anyway.

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
IMO the conf champs should be in. I strongly believe that.

So if Team A goes 1-2 in OOC, goes 8-1 in B1G play, wins their division and the title game, you're okay with them going into the playoff at 9-3 over, say, an 11-1 and/or a 10-2 team?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT