ADVERTISEMENT

Is LSU a better job than ND??

Wonder how possible playoff bids affect it. ND isn’t out of the playoff picture yet and Cincy is very much in it.

All about the money - he's getting a massive pay raise according to some reports.

That being said, it's bitter sweet for ND fans. Kelly was a good coach and you can't argue his recent last few years but he's also got a woeful record against Top 10 teams in his career there and many think he'd taken ND as far as he could take them.

All about the money - he's getting a massive pay raise according to some reports.

That being said, it's bitter sweet for ND fans. Kelly was a good coach and you can't argue his recent last few years but he's also got a woeful record against Top 10 teams in his career there and many think he'd taken ND as far as he could take them.
I guess the fairy godmother came calling lol.

LSU is a better job for potentially winning a national championship. There is full $$$ support, admission standards are minimal and the state is one of the most fertile for HS recruits and very few high level recruits leave the state.
It is and I’ve said this before. LSU’s last 3 coaches have won national championships and two of them are nothing special in the x and o department. That tells you how inherently good the job is.

Reactions: MozRU and JRZEER
Is it really? Orgeron WON A NATTY!!! Where is he now??? Kelly brought ND close?? 3 times!!! Is nearly a GOD there!!! This is a quick money grab if true
Read your post again. Who won the NC?? They have won 3 since Saban, Miles and Orgeron. ND zero!

Is it really? Orgeron WON A NATTY!!! Where is he now??? Kelly brought ND close?? 3 times!!! Is nearly a GOD there!!! This is a quick money grab if true
That's the point, Orgeron and Miles too for that matter are eh as far as x and o coaches and acumen and they still were able to win titles.

Kelly for sure has a top chance to win one at LSU. It's an inherently very good job set up for it from recruiting grounds on down. If they fire him so what, if they fire him after a national title again so what...he walks away with a title and boatloads of money. There's no downside.

I do think Kelly was very satisfied at ND so they must've offered him a ton. That LSU AD badly wanted to make another splash hire like he always does and I'm sure he paid through the nose to do so again.

No way is LSU a better job than ND. Ed Orgeron won a national championship at LSU and didn't even make it another two full seasons before they fired him. He got one pandemic year and half a regular year. Meanwhile, if Kelly won a national championship at Notre Dame, they'd put a statue of him in front of the stadium.

No way is LSU a better job than ND. Ed Orgeron won a national championship at LSU and didn't even make it another two full seasons before they fired him. He got one pandemic year and half a regular year. Meanwhile, if Kelly won a national championship at Notre Dame, they'd put a statue of him in front of the stadium.
Yea but he got paid.

Kelly is a tyrant trying to act ok as best he can. Hard for me to picture a red-faced Irish gangster taking his 70s coaching style to an NFL farm team in 2020s

I'll be glad to see him leave ND though
He’s changed from those days from what I’ve seen. There was a whole article on how he realized he needed to change some years ago. Took up yoga meditation etc and I don’t see him yell madly anymore on the sidelines for the games I’ve seen..granted I don’t watch all of them. I’ve seen GS go ballistic on the sidelines this year more times than I’ve seen Kelly since his change some years ago.

He’s changed from those days from what I’ve seen. There was a whole article on how he realized he needed to change some years ago. Took up yoga meditation etc and I don’t see him yell madly anymore on the sidelines for the games I’ve seen..granted I don’t watch all of them. I’ve seen GS go ballistic on the sidelines this year more times than I’ve seen Kelly since his change some years ago.
ND laid the law down to Kelly. He was embarrassing to watch with the veins popping out and the spittle flying. At Cincy he would threaten guy's scholarships as a motivational tool . That's how he won BE with 2 star players. Even if he behaves he''s a hard guy to like. I'm sure a lot of players wanted nothing to do with him

Independent teams just don't work in today's landscape of college football. They never play on the last weekend of the year of Conference championship games, even some G5s play. They did away with them in College basketball, Football it will become extinct sooner than later if you ever want to be considered for FBS Playoffs, G5 teams have a hard enough time to be included, independent teams it will be near impossible.

I’ve seen GS go ballistic on the sidelines this year more times than I’ve seen Kelly since his change some years ago.
GS has looked moments away from a stroke a few times this season. Especially in the Syracuse game. He’s been wound very, very tight all season long.

IMO, he needs to calm down a bit. His stress level must be communicating itself to his staff and players. I didn’t see as much stress in GS last season. Seemed like Gleeson and Vedral were both looser in games last season, too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT