ADVERTISEMENT

No. 12 Rutgers Wrestling Set to Compete at the MatMen Open

Campbell is sending a team so I wonder if Jojo wrestles for them attached or unattached?

Pre-seeds released:

125: Shawver #1
133: Alvarez #3, Oliveri #11
141: Rivera #1
149: White #6
157: Kinnard #5
165: Unseeded
174: Turley #1
184: Poz #3
197: Bulsak #2
285: McDermott #4

- 184 is stacked with Mark Hall as the #1 seed and Myles Amine as the #2 along with 3 other top 10 wrestlers (Poz, Truax, and Wilson).

Pre-seeds released:

125: Shawver #1
133: Alvarez #3, Oliveri #11
141: Rivera #1
149: White #6
157: Kinnard #5
165: Unseeded
174: Turley #1
184: Poz #3
197: Bulsak #2
285: McDermott #4

- 184 is stacked with Mark Hall as the #1 seed and Myles Amine as the #2 along with 3 other top 10 wrestlers (Poz, Truax, and Wilson).
If these seeds hold, we can clean up and win the tournament. A great opportunity to build for the NCAAs. Unlike other teams, we are not ducking the competition

Reactions: njsportsphan
Any information to watch. I am scribed to Rokfin to see matches. However Track looks like will show what mats wrestling. Does track offer anything else. Trying to setup my viewing. Any information would be helpful.

Any information to watch. I am scribed to Rokfin to see matches. However Track looks like will show what mats wrestling. Does track offer anything else. Trying to setup my viewing. Any information would be helpful.
I became a subscriber then did the PPV for the Matman open. It says the PPV is a one time $10 expense.

Losing Poz and MVB hurts our chances as White won’t count toward team points

In order to order PPV you have to subscribe to Rofkin (Weak IMO)
Please post updates all.
I would pay the 10 dollar fee, but not getting into another subscription (B10 plus currently)
How much does rofkin subscription cost?

So 20 bucks to watch a knockoff tournament while also paying for the big 10 subscription I currently have. No thanks. Really is a shame what happened to the Midlands. Thank you all in advance for posting the live updates.

I know 10 dollars a month is not the end of the world, but i am a stubborn old fool

Reactions: gogs7
I mean I get it, putting on a tournament isn’t cheap but at the end of the day wrestling is really awful to it’s fans in terms of content and streaming. Literally everything is behind a paywall (articles, rankings, matches, etc) and there are 4-5 different platforms which exist. RU has been on at least 3 of them thus far and it ain’t cheap to keep up with the program.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
It’s the principle for me. Charging a subscription and a PPV few is ridiculous especially for an event that wasn’t really going to exist two weeks ago.
Principals? Someone stepped up and gave these guys an opportunity to wrestle this week in a competitive collegiate open all in a matter of days. If this means Willy and his crew make a few bucks good for them. Amid all the COVID madness, the wrestling community took the ball by the horns and made this happen. I’ll gladly pay under those circumstances.

Devon Britton (Rutgers) vs Nicky Cabanillas (Brown)
Brandon Spellman (Princeton) vs Joey Olivieri (U-Rutgers)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT