ADVERTISEMENT

No. 13 Rutgers Wrestling Continues Homestand Sunday with Buffalo

From the article:

Butler is currently sidelined with a knee injury, Goodale said.

"It's a pretty good injury, and it's healing up. He's not going to have surgery,'' Goodale said. "He'll be back on the mat sometime in January.''

I don't know anything about Buffalo wrestling, but was this scheduled because it might be better than practice? If so, was it? This seems like a total blow out but it was good for some of the second stringers to get chances to compete.
Should Duke be scheduled ?

Not that his opponent is any good but it’s insane to me that Shawver is only ranked 28
Shaw is great talented grappler, strong, flexible.
Grandson @ 133 for Buff. Bio;
Small HS in NY, goes to Jeff Jordan's camp between Jun and Sen year. BEST camp in US, IMO. Wins NY Sectional, Orbital bone break. Walks on at Buff, beats every schollie kid in wrestle offs at 125 & 133 for 3 years, they ALL transfer out. Losing 4 - 3 last year with 5 seconds left. Takedown at the buzzer, Wins 5 - 4. Won last week versus Michigan State 3-1. Works full time at Jersey Mike's in Buffalo ! Father. Detective in NYPD, Mother. Sgt in NYPD. Wants to be NYSP or NJSP upon Graduation. Great kid ! Grandfather pounds own chest !

Sometimes it's bigger than W - L records !

He didn’t have offensive ability last year at 149. Wasn’t going to change at a higher weight. He’s a workhorse off the mat but I’m not entirely sure what he does well on the mat.
Sigh...maybe someday we won't be an utter black hole at 165. Still mind boggling that the last legitimately good 165 lber we've had was Richie Lewis...and I feel like he hasn't wrestled here in almost a decade at this point.

IMO. which counts for Nothing...

Nate could suck down to 165 !
Blanchette? Nah he’s like wrestling 170+ in hs.. he should keep growing.. Turley or Walsh should suck down to 165 with the other one manning 174.

Nate is built like a fire hydrant, kids move up and down like yoo yoos.

My ranked Grand son was 165 as an 8th Grader. For his HS team he is going @ 150. as a frosh., certified @ 151.4 the day Ct measures you for 2023.

Blanchette? Nah he’s like wrestling 170+ in hs.. he should keep growing.. Turley or Walsh should suck down to 165 with the other one manning 174.
I just checked the high school rankings and Blanchette is nowhere to be found. He had been ranked 4th at 175. Anyone know what happened at the tournament? Is he out for the season?

Is there ONE specific ranking service that has the most gravitas ?

In New England, something called "The Schwartz Report", has Nate # 1 of ALL wrestlers in New England ! (Prep & HS !)

Has my Grandson # 2 of ALL incoming 9 th graders.
Somebody has him at # 83 of ALL incoming frosh in USA ?
He was 3 rd at Virginia Beach, Nationals ?

Is there ONE specific ranking service that has the most gravitas ?

In New England, something called "The Schwartz Report", has Nate # 1 of ALL wrestlers in New England ! (Prep & HS !)

Has my Grandson # 2 of ALL incoming 9 th graders.
Somebody has him at # 83 of ALL incoming frosh in USA ?
He was 3 rd at Virginia Beach, Nationals ?
Some use Flo. I use Intermat for college and Flo for high school. I'm puzzled at the moment because Blanchette has disappeared from the ranking after having been number four nationally at 175.

Some use Flo. I use Intermat for college and Flo for high school. I'm puzzled at the moment because Blanchette has disappeared from the ranking after having been number four nationally at 175.
Yeah, that's very odd/curious. Not sure what happened there. He didn't lose but MFF out of a tournament so there is really no grounds to drop him completely from the rankings, which means it was an oversight on their end.

Yeah, that's very odd/curious. Not sure what happened there. He didn't lose but MFF out of a tournament so there is really no grounds to drop him completely from the rankings, which means it was an oversight on their end.
Maybe they took him out bc they thought it was a season ending injury?? Usually they don’t remove wrestlers bc of MFF or drop them that much if they think said wrestler lost a few…. Also heard they added a new weight for HS wrestling so maybe that has something to do with it? Should we be concerned w his injury??

Either way was hoping to see how Nate would fare against some national competition… seeing as he was ranked 4th does anyone know some of his big wins over ranked opponents??

Willie Saylor still has him ranked at 175(he is ranked 7th) I think he is by far the most knowledgeable High School ranker/and coverage. Flo had Blanchette ranked 4th and then after Ironman do not have him ranked. Flo had him ranked 4th at 165 and then changed their weights for latest rankings and he is not listed. My guess is they just forgot him, which happens from time to time

Reactions: KidDagger and MS-RU
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT