ADVERTISEMENT

No. 15 Rutgers Wrestling Hosts Maryland Saturday in Big Ten Finale / Match Thread

Cochran has made a huge leap capability wise since last year. Not a pushover.

Would love to see Poz come back in big way, major over Kyle Cochran would be sweet.
Maryland has two ranked wrestlers.. coincidently lines up w/ Poz/Bulsak.. not going to have any expectations... “any b10 wrestler can beat any other b10 wrestler on any given night”. Just going hope for a spirited effort.

Cochran has had close bouts with Smine and the MSU guy but lost 11-3 to Weiler of Wisconsin and lost to Brooks so the Poz bout should be interesting. Smith at 197 beat Michigan’s Brucki in sv and lost a team point for mst control. He acted like an asshole here too when he beat Pagano. He lost close to the OSU guy Hoffman 3-2

Cochran has had close bouts with Smine and the MSU guy but lost 11-3 to Weiler of Wisconsin and lost to Brooks so the Poz bout should be interesting. Smith at 197 beat Michigan’s Brucki in sv and lost a team point for mst control. He acted like an asshole here too when he beat Pagano. He lost close to the OSU guy Hoffman 3-2
I can't believe Smith is STILL here. He has to be pushing 30 years old at this point. Of course I said the same thing about Micic at Michigan as well.

Duck season for us now. We have no room to complain. Very weak and we give up 6. Don’t want to hear about rest. No matches for almost a week. We need to be better. People pay good $ to attend these matches.

And if Olivieri is hurt then 133 has been a monumental failure this year.

• Haha
Reactions: Leonard23
I understand what announcers were saying about cut him and go for major, but my guess is they wanted the work on top.

Duck season for us now. We have no room to complain. Very weak and we give up 6. Don’t want to hear about rest. No matches for almost a week. We need to be better. People pay good $ to attend these matches.

And if Olivieri is hurt then 133 has been a monumental failure this year.
This isn’t a duck. The kid Britton faced was 13-12 coming in. It was an opportunity to get a reserve a match in a dual that we’re going to win handily.

This isn’t a duck. The kid Britton faced was 13-12 coming in. It was an opportunity to get a reserve a match in a dual that we’re going to win handily.
Then get Britton an extra match. Kid leads NCAA in pins. It’s a duck. Olivieri needs to be wrestling. We took him out of RS. Zero reason not to wrestle him

Then get Britton an extra match. Kid leads NCAA in pins. It’s a duck. Olivieri needs to be wrestling. We took him out of RS. Zero reason not to wrestle him
Take a look at who the kid has pinned this year. A bunch of unranked kids from low level schools in open tournaments for the most part. Not all pins are equal.

Agree. We pay money for tickets to see a third string wrestler? Should have stayed home and watched on TV. Unless Oliveri is hurt, he should wrestle. Give Britton an extra match. Oliveri deserves to be on national TV. Hope the coaches can explain their reasoning.

• Haha
Reactions: Leonard23
Agree. We pay money for tickets to see a third string wrestler? Should have stayed home and watched on TV. Unless Oliveri is hurt, he should wrestle. Give Britton an extra match. Oliveri deserves to be on national TV. Hope the coaches can explain their reasoning.
At least we are not Maryland wrestling fans

You should know what you’re getting into when you’re buying tickets to a match against a lower tier opponent. I’m one of the believers of the anti-ducking movement but this ain’t it, sorry

O'Neil certainly works himself into getting taken down. Never seen anything like it, he works his way out of good position.

Reactions: njsportsphan
oneal...........that is some bad wrestling..............this kid can't finish a move
wow

Yeah this team needs healthy Turley back next year because I’ve seen nothing from Oneill in two years that indicates he’s going to develop into anything decent

Reactions: njsportsphan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT