ADVERTISEMENT

No. 15 Rutgers Wrestling Hosts Maryland Saturday in Big Ten Finale / Match Thread

Yeah this team needs healthy Turley back next year because I’ve seen nothing from Oneill in two years that indicates he’s going to develop into anything decent
quite frankly he just isn’t good. He’s slow, really shows nothing in any position and doesn’t look like a D1 caliber wrestler, certainly not B10 level.

You should know what you’re getting into when you’re buying tickets to a match against a lower tier opponent. I’m one of the believers of the anti-ducking movement but this ain’t it, sorry
My feeling on it is if there is no good reason not to wrestle him then it’s a duck. It’s the last B10 Match prior to the tourneys. Are you sure they aren’t protecting a seed? He needs mat time. He should be wrestling

poz with the soph jinx......or scouted really well......or dinged up
or all three.........its a longer season is.....also......the great news is still a frosh
I was thinking the same thing about the scouting.

He’s gotta be hurt or exhausted. This isn’t the same Poz the last 3 weeks

Kannaird and Clark seem to be getting better. Unfortunately ONeil and Poz moving in opposite direction.

This really isn't good now, whatever the problem it's starting to linger for far too long. It's gone well past just having an off day like was uttered earlier.

welcome to big time college wrestling poz........the long grueling big ten gauntlet can take it's toll
on mind and body

What’s the point of a redshirt? He probably ends up in the nfl in a few more years.

Boone is very disappointing. This is an awful performance win or lose this is a little harsh.....from a county college
county college to div 1 and the best conf in the nation,,,,,,,,he beats who he's suppose to beat........he's to small for a heavy weight

I just hope they’re not putting too much emphasis on duals pushing guys to grind it out through injuries. Not saying that’s the case as I have no view into these guys heads but does sort of deal like that could be the case.

We could get O'Malley from Drexel in the portal for 174 if Turley isn't ready to go next year or decides to move up to 184 should Poz go up to 197. O'Neill is who he is...a depth wrestler at best at this level.

Attendance and atmosphere appears to be dead at the matches. Kind of weird. They really need to inject some excitement back. Maybe play some music at breaks like most arenas? The mandate rules really sucked the life out of the place.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT