ADVERTISEMENT

No. 7/8 Rutgers Men's Lacrosse at Army

Big goal by Cameron but we lose the faceoff again.

Just so hard to win this way. We get no momentum.

9-12 our shorties are getting absolutely abused. Number 6 specifically.

Brutal give up. 13-14.

Kulas with a turnover due to not using his right hand.

Another one goal game against Army. Tough loss. We played very poorly but you have to love the heart to get back into it.

Very concerned about the midfield. We aren't getting any production there. Not sure if Knobloch is 100% or what but he doesn't look like himself. Shooting is off and he doesn't have pop dodging. Sprock we have to hope continues to get his legs under him. Our second line is giving us nothing. If this doesn't change on all fronts, it's going to be challenging to win big games.

Hard to win when losing 8 more faceoffs and 5 ground balls. Despite this we still almost pulled it off

Gotta refocus for next week. Loyola seems to be rolling after dusting 2 B1G opponents. I’m sure they want to make it 3. Going to be a tough game.

Reactions: RU-Hunter
Really concerned about our midfield. We can’t be completely attack oriented. We aren’t getting much on offense from our rope unit as we knew they’d take time to bake.

It’s our O middies. We need more.

Getting more than I expected from Aimone, Sprock about what I expected at this point after a year off but we’re getting very little from Knobloch and nothing at all from 2nd mids. I figured it would take some time to get the rope unit involved in the offense but we are not going to win a lot of games without more production from the entire midfield unit.

It is amazing to me that we are still struggling with team defense. Makes no sense as that is one of the most fundamental parts of the game. Apgar looks like he is wearing ski boots. Might need to change things up there. I thought Mullin played well aside from a couple from range he should seen but they were well placed.

was really surprised at how much we struggled with their zone ride. In spite of how poorly we played in a lot of areas, that was the difference in the game IMO. I’d be curious to know how many goals we gave up off of failed clears but I’m willing to bet it is more than two. Can’t give up those extra possessions, especially when losing the faceoff battle.

Reactions: Caliknight
Getting more than I expected from Aimone, Sprock about what I expected at this point after a year off but we’re getting very little from Knobloch and nothing at all from 2nd mids. I figured it would take some time to get the rope unit involved in the offense but we are not going to win a lot of games without more production from the entire midfield unit.

It is amazing to me that we are still struggling with team defense. Makes no sense as that is one of the most fundamental parts of the game. Apgar looks like he is wearing ski boots. Might need to change things up there. I thought Mullin played well aside from a couple from range he should seen but they were well placed.

was really surprised at how much we struggled with their zone ride. In spite of how poorly we played in a lot of areas, that was the difference in the game IMO. I’d be curious to know how many goals we gave up off of failed clears but I’m willing to bet it is more than two. Can’t give up those extra possessions, especially when losing the faceoff battle.
Agreed with all. Apgar behind the cage is good. Out front he gets lost. And the pick game ate them up today.

Hopefully this is a wake up call. I get a sense we were getting a little cocky with all the success.

I’m most concerned about our lack of production from the midfield. That’s a problem.

Wouldn't say that at all. He's looked good. Today, let in a few but it's more on the D. These are hands free shots from 12-15 yards. Those are going to go at this level.

F performance this half.

Let's see what they are made of.

Have to chuckle. Some RU fans are so spoiled by Kirst. They seem to think that run Mullin made late in the 4th is commonplace because they've seen it so often the last 2 years.

BTW, his backup at Harvard got pulled at the half with a 12% save rate. They introduced their 4 star freshman to big time lacrosse. Rated just ahead of Stroller and saved 41% UVAs starters in for most of the 3rd.

Reactions: Caliknight
Was at Loyola v Hop today.

Final score was 13-8 but the game was not even close. Loyola was up 12-3 with 7 min left and emptied the bench, switched goalies and Hop left starters in and scored 5 goals in the last 6-7 minutes.

Loyola defense is really strong. Much better goalie play this year.

Loyola looks very different than the last couple years.

Just got home. Everyone has correctly pointed out the issues today and they are numerous. Dugenio playing and going 50% woulda cured a lot of our defensive ills. The team is very different than the 22 version in the middle of the field. They miss JJF on D as well. A ho hum win against Stony Brook, a loss today and a tough Loyola team next week is going to make for a tough start to the season. This Army team also lost to UMass who RU plays as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT