ADVERTISEMENT

No. 7 Rutgers Field Hockey at No. 18 UMass Sunday

This was the most "explosive" our team has looked on offense since I started watching a few years ago. We were quickly breaking out from our own end with crisp passes and deft stickwork, and then getting downhill on the wing (mostly by Iris Langejans) before then crossing the ball into the circle for really good shots.

Reactions: RU MAN and Wagram97
Degaz, wasn't able to see the game. Glad to read your take. Was wondering about UMass getting off 9 shots in the last Quarter I believe. We usually don't give up much.

This entire start, with the road schedule (8 of 9 thus far), SHOULD do wonders for this team come post-season NOT ONLY for this year but for the next few!

Degaz, wasn't able to see the game. Glad to read your take. Was wondering about UMass getting off 9 shots in the last Quarter I believe. We usually don't give up much.
I saw the stats, but it didn’t “feel” like UMass had that many shots.

We completely dominated the first half, running circles around the Minutewomen. Second half just felt more even, but UMass played “desperate,” which probably accounts for more shots on their part. But we countered often, creating chances but not alot of shots.

I didn’t watch closely enough, but I wonder if Coach Civico changed things up to protect the lead, maybe by holding back a player or two from the attack. I don’t know, just speculating.

I saw the stats, but it didn’t “feel” like UMass had that many shots.

We completely dominated the first half, running circles around the Minutewomen. Second half just felt more even, but UMass played “desperate,” which probably accounts for more shots on their part. But we countered often, creating chances but not alot of shots.

I didn’t watch closely enough, but I wonder if Coach Civico changed things up to protect the lead, maybe by holding back a player or two from the attack. I don’t know, just speculating.
Thanks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT