ADVERTISEMENT

No QB Pecking Order According to Coach Ash

How people are still having arguments on last years QB choice is one of the more baffling things on this board and that's saying a lot. One group thinks flood was so dumb he chose the lesser QB
One group thinks Flood chose guy he thought gave best chance to win both last year and in the future.
The smart group has moved on because it doesn't matter anymore.

The future QB will red shirt this year. I trust Ash and the OC to pick the right person or persons to lead the team this year.

Reactions: miker183
The future QB will red shirt this year. I trust Ash and the OC to pick the right person or persons to lead the team this year.
Agreed...hopefully they can patch the position together this year as to not burn Oden's RS...kid really needs to put some pounds on to be durable

You know as well as I do that Laviano did not move the offense well against Wsconsin or Michigan. Do you really want me to cut and paste the drive logs from ESPN for those games as well? What I do know is that the coach had selected and stuck with a starting QB based on countless hours of reps that none of us had the chance to witness. We also know that when the backup was put in with the starters against the starting defense of Wisconsin and Michigan he added zero spark to the offense and the offense did absolutely nothing. So if I am a coach and I know (hypothetically) that one QB consistently moves the team better in practice situations… and I also know that when given a shot against real defenses, the backup has given no additional spark or life to the offense, and done nothing indicate he would perform better in the future, why in gods name would I ever decide to insert him in a game earlier over the starter? Did you really want your coach to insert a QB that he has seen provide consistently less production in similar circumstances in both practice and game situations? I will never be able to fathom the mindset of some message board fans.

Giving your #2 a single series, against opponents starters, is NOT giving him a chance. Not in any way, shape, or form. That's the problem that most of us have with how Elmer handled the QB situation.

Reactions: RUsSKii
To anyone who actually believes Rettig had an honest shot last year, please point out how many passes he attempted to Caroo. Or how often they were in the game together.

And then point out how well Laviano did without our best receiver on the field...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT