ADVERTISEMENT

NYT: Jump to BIG TEN is a FLOP for Rutgers

He said that in 2017 the athletic department ran at a $47.4M deficit. This is the first time I ever heard this number. Is this true? If not I need to know why. And it can't be guesses I need to know facts as if I found out he did lie I plan to be very vocal ridiculing the writer Kevin Armstrong on this.

The $47 million number includes Direct Institutional Support, a loan from the University bank and student fees as revenue sources.

The student fees (about $11 million) are a budgeted line item. The budget also included about $11 million in Institutional Support and a $4.5 million loan.

The football program, all told, came in about $8 million in the red - that is, "budget to actual".

And, as we know, B1G revenue for '17 was about $40 million short of a current full share.

Reactions: ScarletDave
This is like the 4th or 5th hit piece that superflame has posted here. Guy is a blowhard who is one of Barchi’s chronies. Buzz off, dweeb

F the NYT...there is ZERO negative press in Ohio about OSU even after a close win. it's astonishing

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/23/sports/rutgers-big-ten.html?rref=collection/sectioncollection/sports&action=click&contentCollection=sports&region=rank&module=package&version=highlights&contentPlacement=6&pgtype=sectionfront

But dumping Ash could cause other problems for Rutgers. His buyout would cost the university $9.8 million, and investment is needed elsewhere for an athletics program already operating in the red. In 2017, the department’s deficit was $47.4 million.
They write this story once a year.

Armstrong is a Boston College grad. No surprises there.

Don’t even get me started on the New York Times. They recently ran an article saying the Utah was setting up “online preschools.” It turns out that they were funding an online service where kids watch a daily 15 mins program to help them learn literacy skills before they get to kindergarten. Sounds like a mini version of Sesame Street to me, not “online preschool.” How did I fact check the article? By clicking on the link in the NYT article. The paper is a shadow of its former self.

Scarlet Jerry

Like the article or not, the Times is still one of the most respected newspaper in the world.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/23/sports/rutgers-big-ten.html?rref=collection/sectioncollection/sports&action=click&contentCollection=sports&region=rank&module=package&version=highlights&contentPlacement=6&pgtype=sectionfront

But dumping Ash could cause other problems for Rutgers. His buyout would cost the university $9.8 million, and investment is needed elsewhere for an athletics program already operating in the red. In 2017, the department’s deficit was $47.4 million.
LOLOL Reading the NYT. And for college football! Lolol.

Zap time to move Montclair is nice but it’s not New Providence. If you had school aged kids you certainly could not send them to that school system. Money is no issue for you so I’m sure the school system matters not but for us small timers living in a superior school system and not pay for private makes it tolerable to pay 18G in taxes.

Violent crime is rising in Montclair

Just out of curiosity, where does the $47M (deficit) come from. Is it coming from Jack and Jill’s tuition/student loans, etc.? How does anyone justify using tution dollars to provide BTN, FOX, ESPN with sports programming?

Just out of curiosity, where does the $47M (deficit) come from. Is it coming from Jack and Jill’s tuition/student loans, etc.? How does anyone justify using tution dollars to provide BTN, FOX, ESPN with sports programming?

Huh?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT