ADVERTISEMENT

Good NY Times Magazine Article on Brian Bowen

Thanks for this great article. This is what Pikiell and school's like Rutgers are up against. Pikiell is doing it the right way and can flat out coach. It's really disturbing that even one of the great coaches out there or was--Rick Pitino would have to resort to bribing a kid's parents in order to get him to play for him. And don't think this isn't still going on even with the FBI investigation.

One has to wonder when 4 and 5 star kids give lip service to a program like Rutgers and then at the last minute leave them high and dry for another school that didn't even appear to be on the student's radar.

This was a sad tale of a kid being used by leeches and parasites who earn hundreds of thousands if not millions off these kids.

Thanks for this great article. This is what Pikiell and school's like Rutgers are up against. Pikiell is doing it the right way and can flat out coach. It's really disturbing that even one of the great coaches out there or was--Rick Pitino would have to resort to bribing a kid's parents in order to get him to play for him. And don't think this isn't still going on even with the FBI investigation.

One has to wonder when 4 and 5 star kids give lip service to a program like Rutgers and then at the last minute leave them high and dry for another school that didn't even appear to be on the student's radar.

This was a sad tale of a kid being used by leeches and parasites who earn hundreds of thousands if not millions off these kids.
1. Louisville fans used to say that Pitino is doing things the right way and misses out on kids because of shoe companies. (I know this because I was visiting their board before the hooker scandal broke, I used to laugh when I read their fans proclaiming this).
2. I'm pretty sure that Pitino was never accused with bribing a kid's parents in order to play for him. (although I think he knew what was up)

The true mystery, at least to me, is that if Pitino, assistant coach Jordan Fair and assistant coach Kenny Johnson were never charged with offering the bribe to Bowen then who did?

• David Padgett was cleared and was the interim head coach last season.
  • Johnson is now an assistant coach at LaSalle.
  • Fair returned to Florida and is working at Oldsmar Christian School as an assistant coach. For several years, Fair was the head coach at Oldsmar and for Team Breakdown 17U team until two years ago when he accepted a graduate assistant position at Louisville.

So who broke the rules at Louisville? Somebody has to be guilty.

Coaches like Pitino always claim to control every facet of their organization when things are going well. But, when a scandal hits, it's ignorance time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT