ADVERTISEMENT

O.T.-Ed Charles Dead at 84

RUhasarrived

All American
May 7, 2007
"The Glider" was the right handed hitting part of the platoon-with Wayne Garrett from the left side for the Miracle Mets of 1969.

CharlesEd.jpg

Koosman gave him the nickname because he would glide after ground balls from his 3rd base position.
Nice man!
RIP

Charles Don Clendenon and Tommy Agee .Yes Seaver and Koosman carried them but without these 3 guys all brought in through trades there would have been no '69 miracle .Remember his childhood character in the movie Jackie. :cry:When Cleon goes I go...

Charles Don Clendenon and Tommy Agee .Yes Seaver and Koosman carried them but without these 3 guys all brought in through trades there would have been no '69 miracle .Remember his childhood character in the movie Jackie. :cry:When Cleon goes I go...
Shamsky hit some big homeruns platooning with “rock head” that was Swoboda’s pet name...:D

Remember Cleon’s Martin/Jackson moment when Hodges walked out to left field and pulled him?

Reminds me of being a little kid with ear plug/radio listening to games. Great year to be a little kid/sports fan in NYC. Also reminds me that years later my mother threw out my Ron Swoboda BB bat I got at bat day without telling me. Didn't talk to her for weeks.

Shamsky hit some big homeruns platooning with “rock head” that was Swoboda’s pet name...:D

Remember Cleon’s Martin/Jackson moment when Hodges walked out to left field and pulled him?
I wonder how Cleon got that nasty scare on his cheek?

Mobile Alabama.Willie Mays Hank Aaron CleonJones Willie Mccovey What a shame .All the african American baseball talent that came out of 1 city in a sport that they rarely play anymore..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT