ADVERTISEMENT

Official QB Transfer Portal Thread

This is the type of guy that RU could target as a bridge QB for 2024.
I saw on twitter Minnesota offered him. Considering the similarities in mindset on offense wouldn’t be surprised if we did too. Whether he comes to either school is another story.

The leading passer in FCS coming to a program that passes ineffectively?
Like Cade McNamara going to Iowa. After Iowa scored less than 20 points, in seven 2022 regular season games.

Last edited:

The Downingtown, Pennsylvania, native started the final seven games of his true freshman season in 2020, had three starts in 2021 and then five last season. Howard had uneven results for stretches this season, and freshman Avery Johnson emerged as a viable option alongside him, adding six rushing touchdowns and three passing touchdowns for the Wildcats (8-4). Johnson would be in line to start for Kansas State in 2024.

ESPN rated Howard as a three-star recruit in the 2020 class.

• Love
Reactions: Knight Shift
Texas A&M quarterback Max Johnsonhas entered the transfer portal as a graduate transfer and will look to play for his third team in 2024. Johnson played in eight games this season, throwing for 1,452 yards and nine touchdowns with five interceptions.

Reactions: biker7766
The Downingtown, Pennsylvania, native started the final seven games of his true freshman season in 2020, had three starts in 2021 and then five last season. Howard had uneven results for stretches this season, and freshman Avery Johnson emerged as a viable option alongside him, adding six rushing touchdowns and three passing touchdowns for the Wildcats (8-4). Johnson would be in line to start for Kansas State in 2024.

ESPN rated Howard as a three-star recruit in the 2020 class.
Come on home- he has been coached well:

Will Howard, 2020 QB, Downington (Pa.) West

Rutgers was first to offer the 6-4, 205-pound three-star quarterback last June. He now has five offers, including Minnesota and Bowling Green.
"It was great. I got to see more of the facilities and learn a lot more about the school and the academic side of things which was really nice. I spent time with Coach McNulty, Coach Erb, and I also got to talk to Coach Ash for a while which was nice. I had a teammate there, Jackson Luneburg, a receiver of mine, so I got to hang out with him.

"Coach Ash wanted me to come back for a spring practice to really see how they coach and to see the vibe of the team. Rutgers is definitely up there for me, they were the first to offer and they’ve been very consistent in recruiting me. I got to learn a lot more today, which was nice."

was pondering more than 20 offers when he decided to commit to play for Kansas State and first-year coach Chris Kleiman, who won four NCAA Division I FCS titles in five seasons at North Dakota State.

Kleiman’s most famous player at North Dakota State was Wentz, who also happens to be Howard’s favorite player

Here’s another transfer entrant:

Sluka is not a good passer. He looks at 1 receive and if not open he takes off to run. He is a run first QB. He may be a bit better runner than GW but passing wise they are probably about the same.

Reactions: biker7766
The leading passer in FCS coming to a program that passes ineffectively?

I don't think people realize just how little we passed it this year and how that'll look to potential transfers.

Wimsatt had 274 attempts in 12 games.

Based on the link above - this Max kid had 455 attempts this year.
Last year he had 420 attempts.

He'd be signing up to pass is nearly 40% less often.

Reactions: Mr_Twister
Notre Dame transfer quarterback Tyler Buchnercommitted on Thursday to Alabama
was suppose to be starter for Alabama but will sit on the bench for the rest of career if he doesn’t transfer. Milroe, RS sophomore, is the starter For Alabama this year.

I don't think people realize just how little we passed it this year and how that'll look to potential transfers.

Wimsatt had 274 attempts in 12 games.

Based on the link above - this Max kid had 455 attempts this year.
Last year he had 420 attempts.

He'd be signing up to pass is nearly 40% less often.
On the other hand, with a passing QB, RU could revector its approach and increase the # of pass plays.

New Hampshire’s OC has strong ties to Maine and the University of Maine. We have a University of Maine connection or two on our staff.
The QB coach (Drew Belcher) at UNH played for Harasymiak at Maine as well...

On the other hand, with a passing QB, RU could revector its approach and increase the # of pass plays.
easy sell too

'look, we need to throw the ball and we think you could be the kid to do it here at Rutgers, BIG10'

Haven't seen him play, but the Minnesota QB is entering the transfer portal and he has a prior relationship with Ciarocca. Could be realistic target.

Gophers QB Athan Kaliakmanis will enter transfer portal
He’s a possibility, there seem to be quite a few good possibilities.

I’m not sure if we are pursuing anyone but that would be a mistake. Wisconsin took 3 QB from the last portal as well as having their QB recruits, let the competition begin.

I'm starting to the idea of going after Brendan Sorsby honestly.

He started the final six games of the season as a RS FR, with his first start being against RU.

Brendan Sorsby last 5 games (@PSU, WIS, @ILL, MSU, @PUR)…

90/148 (60.8%) for 1,167 yards, 12 TDs and 5 INTs with an adjusted completion percentage of 71.3%
An additional 156 rushing yards and 3 rushing TDs on the ground, with 3 games of 50+ yards rushing.

It’s a shame Rutgers will never be interested in this proven QB with a legit DNA in him with two years of eligibility.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT