ADVERTISEMENT

Official QB Transfer Portal Thread

Well the deal is sealed. RU welcomes Santino Marucci, late of Wake Forest
Link?

crop

We need Wake Forest other QB MITCH griffins in the transfer portal. Santino only threw 23 passes.
Won the Pitt game with a late TD though. More a mobile pro-style QB than a dual threat…but very intriguing if the WR and TE rooms get upgraded.
Santino Marucci from FL… There are some natural ties to Rutgers.

I don't think people realize just how little we passed it this year and how that'll look to potential transfers.

Wimsatt had 274 attempts in 12 games.

Based on the link above - this Max kid had 455 attempts this year.
Last year he had 420 attempts.

He'd be signing up to pass is nearly 40% less often.
Well it seems obvious that we would pass more if we could complete them at a better rate right?

We even have a Rutger QB in the transfer portal, Gavin Rupp. I never heard his name before.

It appears every QB that is not a starter is in the transfer portal and they just want a chance to start at a P5 team, no NIL necessary.

We even have a Rutger QB in the transfer portal, Gavin Rupp. I never heard his name before.

It appears every QB that is not a starter is in the transfer portal and they just want a chance to start at a P5 team, no NIL necessary.
I’ve said that for a long time. You run the gamut from players looking for more playing time and opportunity to players looking for money and everything in between. Some will get big deals but many not really and there are contributors out there to be found.

The leading rusher in the SEC is at Mizzou and was a D2 walk-on transfer.

I don't think people realize just how little we passed it this year and how that'll look to potential transfers.

Wimsatt had 274 attempts in 12 games.

Based on the link above - this Max kid had 455 attempts this year.
Last year he had 420 attempts.

He'd be signing up to pass is nearly 40% less often.
That’s the way our offense is designed because the WR and TE room is weak. Not much changing for ‘24, though we will have a bunch of talented freshman joining. Hopefully by ‘25.

Can’t give up sacks when you don’t pass
Have seen enough of Wimsatt’s 425 passing attempts over the last 2 years.
If Greg doesn’t go after a QB in the Portal he really has some serious issues.
Looking at an upside of 4 wins next season.

McCord in the portal…

Hope his dad directs him home.

Why exactly would any QB, let alone one that just started and played well for a top ten team, come to Rutgers until we prove we can attract some actual weapons a QB can throw to?

Why exactly would any QB, let alone one that just started and played well for a top ten team, come to Rutgers until we prove we can attract some actual weapons a QB can throw to?

If he played well enough he wouldn’t have transferred.

He has been under fire all season here in Columbus.

He played well enough for about 120 FBS schools.

The point is, Rutgers doesn’t have the weapons to entice any good P5 quarterback to transfer here, let alone an OSU starter.

Reactions: Roy_Faulker
Chicken or the egg... why would a top WR come here until we have a QB to throw him the ball? If a top passing QB makes the leap, that could entice higher-regarded WR to come to Rutgers, too.

Chicken or the egg... why would a top WR come here until we have a QB to throw him the ball? If a top passing QB makes the leap, that could entice higher-regarded WR to come to Rutgers, too.
We aren’t getting a top WR any more than we are getting a Top QB.

What we CAN do, is get a depth amount of solid WRs and even pass catching TEs (last I check you are still allowed to throw to your TEs) that would entice a decent QB transfer to come here knowing he has targets. Then, hopefully, we change our offense and change our reputation.

We aren’t going from being one of the worst passing offenses in FBS to getting QB transfers that a bunch of other schools also want, overnight.

Should be the same situation but it’s not.
There was a real strong interest in Greg 2.0 when he just returned but McCord had already committed to OSU. If there is any chance McCord would consider playing back in his home state we’d be foolish not to have the conversations.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT