ADVERTISEMENT

Official Rutgers vs Northwestern Prediction Thread

I usually do not do these but I think I offered an optimistic score in another thread.. something like 33-23 Rutgers wins! The offense is fixed! Or looks fixed.. for now.

Hmm.. 33 might be a lot of points for that NW defense to give up. Last year they had all these turnovers and averaged less than that. And their sideline will be in the shade.. ours, not.

meh.. I'll stick.

33-20 RUTGERS!

Reactions: Knight Shift
Who has the better QB? That’s who will likely win in a game like this. IDK anything about NW’s QB situation
BC last year had a much better QB. We won at the lines. I think that's going to determine this game. I think our Dline wins us this game.

Reactions: GillesDeleuze
RU-24
NW-10

During the interview with Louie Vaccher, I was actually laughing how down and unpredictable everything seemed about the NW team to him, then he turned and predicted them to win?!?! 😳. Once again the National media loves hating on Rutgers.

NW 37
RU 17

I’m sorry but I’m just not seeing it. We routinely get our doors blown off by horrid Big 10 teams. Not enough has changed year over year for me to assume differently, especially with Schiano’s comments on Wimsatt in camp.

RU-24
NW-10

During the interview with Louie Vaccher, I was actually laughing how down and unpredictable everything seemed about the NW team to him, then he turned and predicted them to win?!?! 😳. Once again the National media loves hating on Rutgers.

National media?
I thought he was the NW rivals writer?

Reactions: colbert17
Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t Schiano 2.0 3-0 against the spread and straight up? I don’t see it changing Sunday.

NW 37
RU 17

I’m sorry but I’m just not seeing it. We routinely get our doors blown off by horrid Big 10 teams. Not enough has changed year over year for me to assume differently, especially with Schiano’s comments on Wimsatt in camp.
You want to predict a NW win that's fine. But starting with the 2018 season NW has scored 37 or more points, against any level of competition, exactly twice. That's 57 games. They averaged 13 points a game last year and our defense is predicted to be in the top half of the B1G 10. All of a sudden they're going to explode for 37 points? Unless we become a turnover machine I’m sorry but I’m just not seeing it.

NW 37
RU 17

37 points? What does Wimsatt have to do with the defense? Or are you saying he will turn the ball over 5-6 times? But how does that square with all the people here complaining about overusing the run game?

You want to predict a NW win that's fine. But starting with the 2018 season NW has scored 37 or more points, against any level of competition, exactly twice. That's 57 games. They averaged 13 points a game last year and our defense is predicted to be in the top half of the B1G 10. All of a sudden they're going to explode for 37 points? Unless we become a turnover machine I’m sorry but I’m just not seeing it.
Lol. Exactly. There's a reason for Vegas's numbers for this game.

NW 37
RU 17

I think I’m a pretty realistic RU fan. And looking back at Schiano 2.0 his teams have always started the season strong. Have they lost games they should have won? Sure, including against NW. I have a few reasons I think Rutgers wins, but I’ll take this one. The BIG is all about the “hogs” upfront. They have 4 new O-lineman after a season where they had a terrible O-line. At the start of spring ball the only had 2 D-lineman on scholarship. Yes they added through the portal, but even beat writer said they space fillers. I give Rutgers a nice advantage. Especially our D-line vs them.

Reactions: Joey Bags
NW 37
RU 17

The only horrid (non-bowl-eligible) Big 10 teams we played last year were 5-7 Michigan State (21-27 L) 4-8 Indiana (24-17 W) and 4-8 Nebraska (13-14 L). When was the last time we got blown out by a “horrid big 10 team”? Do you even watch the games?

Minnesota and Maryland were much much better teams last year than this Northwestern team will be. They went 9-4 and 8-5 respectively.

Last edited:
NW 37
RU 17

Moronic post.

Reactions: Kbee3
RU runs typical high school offense run 2 times pass on 3rd down. It’s like death and taxes.

Score, does not matter both teams are crap.

RU runs typical high school offense run 2 times pass on 3rd down. It’s like death and taxes.

Score, does not matter both teams are crap.
but both have a chance to prove their shit 😄
Meaning , play a game that gets their fans in a feel good mood
Rutgers might just be able to start out that way

I hope RU gets the offense figured out. Wins 6 or 7. But the tossup wtf games just don’t cut in it this league. You will be at 3 or 4 wins like last year.

I don’t think we’ll score 45; however, it’s not entirely true that he’s never had a team that proved it could be dominant on offense. Schiano has historically been a defense first coach, but he deserves acckowledgment (that routinely gets overlooked) for turning the offense around in 2008. Team really came out of nowhere and clicked as an offense down the BE stretch and that never gets talked about.

54 vs Pitt. Followed by 35 vs Cuse. Followed by 49 vs USF. Then 30 vs Army in a complete drubbing (score only so low because they run every posession and eat clock). And of course - closing out the regular season with the 63 point laugher vs UofL. Quite a stretch of dominant games on offense. I guess my point is, you just never know.

Is that 15 years ago

Is that 15 years ago
Something like that. The post I responded to criticized the prediction on the basis that it’s not in Greg’s DNA to ever have a team that puts up that much offense. I was only pointing out that he at least once did. That said, I don’t expect us to come close to 45 points tomorrow. Would love to be wrong.

Last edited:
NW 37
RU 17

^^^^ My nomination for Embarrassing Post Of The Year.

Reactions: WoodySJ96
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT