ADVERTISEMENT

On board Schiano but ASSISTANTS are the key

Hafley at DC would be a great decision. Great recruiter.
I'd be shocked to see that...why would he leave OSU to come here. I'd more likely expect a Robb Smith, Anthony Campanile or maybe a Fran Brown as DC.

Really the OC is the one I care about and no one seems to have read on that but the one poster who mentioned Schiano would be hired soon this week (moved it from last week though) said he'd bet on McNulty. If that be the case it would be a big letdown for me.

I'd be shocked to see that...why would he leave OSU to come here. I'd more likely expect a Robb Smith, Anthony Campanile or maybe a Fran Brown as DC.

Really the OC is the one I care about and no one seems to have read on that but the one poster who mentioned Schiano would be hired soon this week (moved it from last week though) said he'd bet on McNulty. If that be the case it would be a big letdown for me.
That just seems crazy about McNulty. Can’t be true.

Reactions: ron313 and MoobyCow
Anthony Campanile (DC or Asst DC)
Nunzio Campanile (LB and Special teams)
Steve belicheck (DC or Asst DC)
Mike Teel (QB coach and asst OC)

Campanile's help lock up north NJ
belicheck can flash his name and super bowl rings to recruits
Teel knows Rutgers and has a good QB mind

Just need someone over 50 to be asst HC as a mentor to everyone

Anthony Campanile (DC or Asst DC)
Nunzio Campanile (LB and Special teams)
Steve belicheck (DC or Asst DC)
Mike Teel (QB coach and asst OC)

Campanile's help lock up north NJ
belicheck can flash his name and super bowl rings to recruits
Teel knows Rutgers and has a good QB mind

Just need someone over 50 to be asst HC as a mentor to everyone

Nunzio was OC at Don Bosco before getting the head coaching job at Bergen Catholic. He was the RB coach at RU last year and the TE coach this year before getting the interim HC position.

If the BoG/BoT really wanted let Schiano spend on a staff.. They should maybe look into these guys..

OC - Matt Canada
OL - Mike Sullivan
WR - Ron Dugans (Strong Recruiter)
ST/TE- Nunzio or Needs Strong Recruiter
RB - Nunzio or Needs Strong Recruiter

DC - Hafley
DL - Phil Gagliano
LB - Robb Smith
DB - Belicheck

But that's just me...

Reactions: SCILS02
Belechick will be DC at the Pats as soon as next year and could be an NFL HC in 2-4 years.

He has nothing to gain by coming to one of the worst P5 teams in the country.

Reactions: tomatocan
If the BoG/BoT really wanted let Schiano spend on a staff.. They should maybe look into these guys..

OC - Matt Canada
OL - Mike Sullivan

DC - Hafley
DL - Phil Gagliano
LB - Robb Smith
DB - Belicheck

But that's just me...
Belicheck is not coming for a DB position. He already has that in the NFL. He would need to be DC or Asst DC + Special teams at RU

Reason to come to RU would be to get a job where his dad is not the boss to prove he is his own man

2 years at RU *his alma mater" and then he gets DC in the NFL or a head coach in college

If Schiano is the guy, he has to ask Steve if he would have interest in being on his staff.

Reactions: redking
Assistans are the absolute key BUT Greg has shown that through his micromanaging he can help build good assistants.

Not worried about the staff one bit, in fact I'm excited about it. Check out his 2011 staff and there's more money now.

I can believe it, he's a first time P5 OC coming from Princeton. I'm pretty sure Ok. State's other OCs like Yurcich made about that much to start...do well and it can increase but starting out I think that's plenty fair. Gundy is a offensive coach too...he's been cycling through OCs and their offense hasn't missed much of a beat generally.

You forgot he was OC for his sons 8 and under co-Ed flag football team.

- Every master was once a beginner -

No need to take shots at one of our own.
Guy is doing his best and yes he is a fine coach - at both the high school and college level.

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight Shift
- Every master was once a beginner -

No need to take shots at one of our own.
Guy is doing his best and yes he is a fine coach - at both the high school and college level.
You might have misunderstood. I’m not taking shots at Nunzio. He is a very good young coach. I’m taking shots at the poster that things Greg Schiano, after reviewing each and every possible candidate for OC, looking to find the best under what is reported a very appropriate budget will decide Nunzio is the man.

Reactions: MoobyCow
With all the names being thrown out for OC, DC and all the other position coaches this place is going to be a riot the day after the new coaches are announced.
Should have hired Joe Smith. Not Joe Smith, Harry Green would have been the better choice. No, you're full of s..., Jim Harris is much better than Smith and Green.
etc, etc, etc. It would be the same thing if the Head Coach position was down to Meyer and Saban.
There are plenty of good names mentioned for OC & DC and they are all better then what we had here this year.

I say give Schiano enough money to pick whoever he wants. Let Schiano create his own dream tream.

We MUST have strong recruiters! Including strong recruiters from HS football powerhouse states outside of Jersey.

Reactions: Steve91562
A lot of assuming that GS is a DONE deal...for the mental health of many, I hope that’s true!

He hasn't even interviewed yet! Hobbs will most likely interview a few more people after Schiano and then make a decision.

You might have misunderstood. I’m not taking shots at Nunzio. He is a very good young coach. I’m taking shots at the poster that things Greg Schiano, after reviewing each and every possible candidate for OC, looking to find the best under what is reported a very appropriate budget will decide Nunzio is the man.

Cool. I did a detailed analysis which didn't validate your bias. Then you had to take a shot at someone else because you weren't man enough to take a direct shot at me. YOU DA MAN!

I say give Schiano enough money to pick whoever he wants. Let Schiano create his own dream tream.

We MUST have strong recruiters! Including strong recruiters from HS football powerhouse states outside of Jersey.
And create his own dream team? His old team got their asses beat by every good staff in the country. Oh sorry not every team they got lucky every once in a while.

OC - Matt Canada
OL - Mike Sullivan

DC - Hafley
DL - Phil Gagliano
LB - Robb Smith
DB - Belicheck

But that's just me...
There should be NO "IF's" about spending for staff. don't care who the HC,he must be given plenty of staff money.

Belechick will be DC at the Pats as soon as next year and could be an NFL HC in 2-4 years.

He has nothing to gain by coming to one of the worst P5 teams in the country.
He'll be his dad's successor in NE, pretty obvious haha

Now if we want to hire him NOW as head coach, that's another story. He's been studying to be a coach since he was in diapers.

McNulty?

No way. I am thankful for the good times, but his latest tour was a cluster.

I know we are limited skill-wise, but Nunzio has shown more creativity with fewer weapons.

only because the talent was bad. Get Bob Bostad in here, get some juco OL help, get more WR help,
and it could work. We’re paying McNulty anyway.
Schiano will hire whomever he wants anyway. Keeping McNulty helps with keeping Artur.

I think Greg is a mistake longer term however, assistants will be key to his success and this is where we need to really excel

OC - Matt Canada
OL - Mike Sullivan

DC - Hafley
DL - Phil Gagliano
LB - Robb Smith
DB - Belicheck

But that's just me...
I'll take Butch Jones or Canada as OC.

Who ever is hired as HC, he and his assistants must stay the course in what likely will be a long rebuild. Continuity is a must.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT