ADVERTISEMENT

One and Dones done?

Dont think itll end them for good. I do believe it will attract quite a few kids.

Guys like Mitchell Robinson on the Knicks wanted to go this route after his WKU fiasco but couldnt due to restrictions.

The NBA is the real culprit like noted above. The NBA stopped allowing this due to the influx of busts coming out of highschool. This triggered the owners to be pissed and the ball kept rolling.

You can't just blame the owners for the NBA one and done rule. That's very short-sighted. As far as ending this rule tomorrow if they wanted to, the impediment to that is the NBA Players Association.

The NBPA's job is to protect it's union members and that includes the aging veterans, sitting at the end of NBA benches, racking up enough seasons to improve their pension. Those guys are union members and the NBPA is protecting their jobs. Elite high school players that want to leave and go straight to the NBA aren't union members yet.

I'm not saying the Union's position is right, or that it's wrong, just that it exists. The commissioner has stated publicly that he would like to get rid of the rule but the ball is in the union's court to join him.

You can't just blame the owners for the NBA one and done rule. That's very short-sighted. As far as ending this rule tomorrow if they wanted to, the impediment to that is the NBA Players Association.

The NBPA's job is to protect it's union members and that includes the aging veterans, sitting at the end of NBA benches, racking up enough seasons to improve their pension. Those guys are union members and the NBPA is protecting their jobs. Elite high school players that want to leave and go straight to the NBA aren't union members yet.

I'm not saying the Union's position is right, or that it's wrong, just that it exists. The commissioner has stated publicly that he would like to get rid of the rule but the ball is in the union's court to join him.
I’m actually in favor of the the age restriction. If they don’t want to go to college, let them play in the G-League before testing the NBA waters. Way too many players think they are ready when they are not. Guys like Josh McRoberts were thought to be consensus first round picks because they looked athletic or can jump real high. I think there is a nice middle ground that the G League can provide

I’m actually in favor of the the age restriction. If they don’t want to go to college, let them play in the G-League before testing the NBA waters. Way too many players think they are ready when they are not. Guys like Josh McRoberts were thought to be consensus first round picks because they looked athletic or can jump real high. I think there is a nice middle ground that the G League can provide
Josh McRoberts who went to Duke was thought to be consensus first round pick? I'm sorry but that is funny to me. I used to watch a ton of ACC basketball when he was at Duke. He was good and I thought he'd make it to the league, but first round? DAMN, you made my morning. Thanks for that.

Josh McRoberts who went to Duke was thought to be consensus first round pick? I'm sorry but that is funny to me. I used to watch a ton of ACC basketball when he was at Duke. He was good and I thought he'd make it to the league, but first round? DAMN, you made my morning. Thanks for that.
Coming out of high school yeah. He was a major bust at Duke. Regardless of him, there are a lot of guys who think they are first rounders before college and then realize they are nowhere near NBA ready.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT