ADVERTISEMENT

One Men's Lacrosse Prediction

oh ok, My son Played CYO BB with a couple of Bridgewater lacrosse players. One of his coaches, said that the one kid was supposed to be a really good goalie. He said he could possible start as a freshman. Does that happen alot in lacrosse? Rarely happens in football.

Depends on the program. At my previous school, a smaller school, every year we had at least 1 freshmen competing for PT. At the school I am at now, where we have 100+ kids, it will be a rarity for a freshmen to see the varsity field because of depth. I know I have 4 or 5 varsity level freshmen but they are not better than the varsity level kids above them.

My son is an 8th grader playing attack for Montclair town team and Evolution club team. He would love to play lacrosse at Rutgers. Montclair High School just hired former RU player, Mike Diehl, as their new Head lax coach which is a good thing for aspiring Scarlet Knights at MHS. What is the best way to get RU coaching staff's attention at this point in his career? Too early to send a hi-lite reel?

My son is an 8th grader playing attack for Montclair town team and Evolution club team. He would love to play lacrosse at Rutgers. Montclair High School just hired former RU player, Mike Diehl, as their new Head lax coach which is a good thing for aspiring Scarlet Knights at MHS. What is the best way to get RU coaching staff's attention at this point in his career? Too early to send a hi-lite reel?

Have him attend any of the events that they host.

https://division1experience.com/

Use current Rutgers freshman Nick Attanasio as an example for Bridgewater-Raritan. He was one of the best athletes in the state (had 50 goals and 22 assists as a senior and also led BR to the state final in football as QB), but didn't play varsity lacrosse as a freshman (when the team was very bad for BR's standards). He also didn't start at as a sophomore on BR's TOC-winning team (though he did have 16 goals and 9 assists on the year).

delicious-orchards-logo1.png

Tomorrow is the Coaching Clinics up at Rutgers. I am excited to get up and meet with coaches as well as getting to see a practice.

Our offense looked extremely fast, and methodical today at practice.

so How was the clinic? I really like the way that Football does theirs

so How was the clinic? I really like the way that Football does theirs

Really good. One of the best clinics I have been to. Got some very good stuff from all of their coaches and had a very nice conversation with Brecht. It is like the football clinic but on a smaller scale. Not nearly as many coaches attend.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT