ADVERTISEMENT

One thing we can ALL be proud of at RU.......

RUTGERS95

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 28, 2005
our kids don't taunt and our fans (none that I've seen) act like this. What a horrible example in front of his kids

Reactions: csphi
geez, what an ass on both parties parts. Poor kid should be removed from the home. I can't imagine what Schiano would do if he saw one of his players acting like that.
Greg would NEVER allow that. was surprised to see that and the father, wow

Never understood fans who go at players like that. Laughable. Acting so tough and hard , challenging professional athletes to come at them lol. We saw how well fans fared vs athletes in Detroit. And then they got tough and tried to sue.
And there’s a kid right next to him. Come on man.

Reactions: RUDave_01
Did anyone see some of the Michigan kids taunting the Alabama sideline right after the stop in OT? Now maybe the Bama kids were taunting all game but it looked very bush league.

Reactions: vkj91
In my opinion, its the same mentality that drives fans to contribute tons of money to their favorite semi-pro university team. I'm simply looking at it in another light, one which many people see as a positive; the ones who call non-donating fans "cheapskates." I've always said that some programs will never have that type of support. It will likely never mean that much to a Rutgers or Maryland fan as it does to that Texas dude...

Last edited:
We win a national semifinal no one will care if our players taunt fans. Our players will be loved.

Reactions: Jimpeg
Playing a big game at night will show more stuff like this.
Going to Army games is like going to bingo - except when ESPN had the TV deal and Army games were at 8PM. Then the drunk kids started showing.

Reactions: dconifer
Our fans aren't saints. Go down to the tunnel just before the end of a bad loss. Take in the crap they scream at the coaches and players. Unreal.
our team doesn't however, that was the main point of the post. Udub players openly taunting like that or acting in response to the asshole Texas fan(s). A lot of the attention of the vid is directed at the father and rightlyfully so but the players........whoaaaaaaaaa

U-dub players had no reason to stoop to that level, but graying 'come at me, bro' dad is an embarrassment to humanity. Probably bragging about it to his buddies today, too.

And since Texas is such raw hot garbage, they're all probably bro-bumping and yeeehawwwing it up in their Walmart cowboy hats.

big difference when players celebrate and have hand gestures vs fans getting involved like the UT fan..

As noted at Pinstripe Bowl with hands down U chant...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ot...in-chippy-pinstripe-bowl-vs-miami/ar-AA1maSqR

ESPN cameras caught that moment, too, and the video soon went viral on social media. Multiple teammates repeated the gesture in the victorious locker room, and then shared the video on Twitter as they rode the bus back to Piscataway.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT