ADVERTISEMENT

Open Post to RHSR

RutgersMO

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 24, 2001
Rutgers & NJ @ Heart
The question of where Dylan will go is in his hands ... but he needs the support and wisdom from you, his mother his brother (the Purdue /Indians killer ) and ultimately Dylan's heart.

At Rutgers, we've been down this road before :

Jay Williams ...chose Duke
Lance Thomas ....chose Duke

Where are the statutes, the adulation the undying support & gratitude of the Duke faithful for Williams / Thomas? RHJr is in our collective consciousness / DNA and is a story that will be told & re-told to all Rutgers fans, alums and family: in short Immortality.

What will be greater... local NJ product a consensus top 10 (or higher) helps Duke to title # X? Or the local hero and brother of one of Rutgers greatest players decides to stay home and lead his people , like Moses, out of the Wasteland and into the Promised land.: for title #. 1?

Rutgers doesn't forget its heroes from Bucky Hatchett,Lloyd & Valvano, Sellers Dabney Bailey Jordan Copeland .... to Hinson, Troy, Black, Douby , Geo Cliff And RHJR - shots against Purdue and Indy.

The RAC/ Jersey Mikes Arena - now CVS court ...may have to add the name
Harper Center Court.

Mo
We Want Dylan Harper!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: RUtix4me
Don't refer to Rutgers basketball as a wasteland. Save that for the open post to a QB's father. Rutgers basketball is legit and here to stay with or without Dylan
We were out of the Big Dance for 30 years ... and thanks to Pike , Johnson , Geo , RHJR , McConnell, Young we would have made the field. Those 30 years wiith Bannon, Hill , Waters ( we made the NiT in 2004) , Rice and Jordan were cringeworthy ..,

Only posted here.

In an age of portals and NIL it seems like everyone can express themselves and this is how I feel .

Mo
We want Dylan Harper!

Last edited:
We were out of the Big Dance for 30 years ... and thanks to Pike , Johnson , Geo , RHJR , McConnell, Young we would have made the field. Those 30 years wiith Bannon, Hill , Waters ( we made the NiT in 2004) , Rice and Jordan were cringeworthy ..,

Only posted here.

In an age of portals and NIL it seems like everyone can express themselves and this is how I feel .

Mo
We want Dylan Harper!
Geo Ron Myles Caleb Paul etc have already lead Rutgers basketball from the wasteland

Those 30 years are irrelevant now

We should be selling success not pushing a narrative that Rutgers basketball is some hopeless wasteland that needs a savior

The selling point is this team is successful and on the rise and you are the final piece that can put us over the top

To RHSR: please excuse the OP and his over zealous post. I'm thinking between your basketball resume and your experience with RHJR, RuMO isnt shedding light on anything new. Now if you can just have Dylan commit to Rutgers, we wont need to endure any more (hopefully) of these creepy posts.

Please Stop League Of Legends GIF by G2 Esports

IMO this thread is a very bad look. Rutgers basketball is well beyond begging for any player to come here. To make an analogy that we need to be lead out of a wasteland is just plain stupid. Has the OP been watching any of the games over the past 4 years?

What Dylan Harper will not be saying at the decision-day press conference:

“I’ve really struggled with this decision.

On one hand you have Rutgers. Coach pike has really turned this program into a winner. The coaching staff is great. The facilities are awesome and the RAC is the best homecourt advantage in all of college ball. Rutgers is literally part of our family.

On the other hand Duke is one of the best programs in the history of the game. The amount of NBA players it has produced is almost beyond compare. They also have a great home court, a beautiful campus and it’s a great institution. When Duke calls you answer the phone.

Over the last several months I’ve changed my mind numerous times but somehow it always comes back to that post by RutgerMO on the Rutgers rivals message board.

So with that said I am happy to announce that I am taking my talents to Piscataway”

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I have 2 diplomas from RU. Season tickets as well to hoops. I’ve been reading this board for years. Never posted before.

Well I just subscribed so I can say how embarassing this original post is. Cringy and creepy. And can only hurt us.

How embarassing.

Go RU!

The question of where Dylan will go is in his hands ... but he needs the support and wisdom from you, his mother his brother (the Purdue /Indians killer ) and ultimately Dylan's heart.

At Rutgers, we've been down this road before :

Jay Williams ...chose Duke
Lance Thomas ....chose Duke

Where are the statutes, the adulation the undying support & gratitude of the Duke faithful for Williams / Thomas? RHJr is in our collective consciousness / DNA and is a story that will be told & re-told to all Rutgers fans, alums and family: in short Immortality.

What will be greater... local NJ product a consensus top 10 (or higher) helps Duke to title # X? Or the local hero and brother of one of Rutgers greatest players decides to stay home and lead his people , like Moses, out of the Wasteland and into the Promised land.: for title #. 1?

Rutgers doesn't forget its heroes from Bucky Hatchett,Lloyd & Valvano, Sellers Dabney Bailey Jordan Copeland .... to Hinson, Troy, Black, Douby , Geo Cliff And RHJR - shots against Purdue and Indy.

The RAC/ Jersey Mikes Arena - now CVS court ...may have to add the name
Harper Center Court.

Mo
We Want Dylan Harper!
Mo, that post is wrong-minded. If it had any impact at all on a player, it’ll be to make them cringe.

It’s perfectly fine to say you hope a player chooses RU. But it’s undignified to talk about statues and adulation. If fanbase adulation and potential statues are any part of the reason an athlete is considering RU, I hope they choose someplace else.

A player should choose a school because they like the coaches and think they’ll have good players and good people around them. Which we have at RU. They should choose RU because they believe they have a good chance to be a significant part of helping the team achieve greatness. And that possibility exists at RU for any really good player now.

Most of all, a player should go wherever they want to go with no thought whatsoever to what any fan anywhere thinks. What fans think shouldn’t be anywhere near the list of valid considerations.

Reactions: Scarlet1984
Geo Ron Myles Caleb Paul etc have already lead Rutgers basketball from the wasteland

Those 30 years are irrelevant now

We should be selling success not pushing a narrative that Rutgers basketball is some hopeless wasteland that needs a savior

The selling point is this team is successful and on the rise and you are the final piece that can put us over the top
Mo, that post is wrong-minded. If it had any impact at all on a player, it’ll be to make them cringe.

It’s perfectly fine to say you hope a player chooses RU. But it’s undignified to talk about statues and adulation. If fanbase adulation and potential statues are any part of the reason an athlete is considering RU, I hope they choose someplace else.

A player should choose a school because they like the coaches and think they’ll have good players and good people around them. Which we have at RU. They should choose RU because they believe they have a good chance to be a significant part of helping the team achieve greatness. And that possibility exists at RU for any really good player now.

Most of all, a player should go wherever they want to go with no thought whatsoever to what any fan anywhere thinks. What fans think shouldn’t be anywhere near the list of valid considerations.
@mildone

I may or may not be wrong for what I said ...but I doubt seriously that Dylan or any recruit will listen to what a fan says (including me and you). As for the statues etc. consider it hyperbole.

This is a similar imo to fans chanting Cliff's name . He didn't come here because they sang his name ...but it showed they cared/ it might have made a small difference(probably not).

To all of you this is my apology for wanting a great NJ player to shine a light on Rutgers...and oh yeah:
We still want Dylan Harper!

Mo

@mildone

I may or may not be wrong for what I said ...but I doubt seriously that Dylan or any recruit will listen to what a fan says (including me and you). As for the statues etc. consider it hyperbole.

This is a similar imo to fans chanting Cliff's name . He didn't come here because they sang his name ...but it showed they cared/ it might have made a small difference(probably not).

To all of you this is my apology for wanting a great NJ player to shine a light on Rutgers...and oh yeah:
We still want Dylan Harper!

Mo
No need to apologize for wanting more good players to come to RU. In fact, no need to apologize at all to anybody. We‘re just having conversations and expressing opinions.

Reactions: Scarlet1984
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT